18 y/o Black male shot dead by Police in St Louis suburb of Berkeley MO

That language would make a sailor blush.

Per the reporter she was tazed 3 times. Why are the badges covered? Hubby wasn't allowed to do that!????

Now it says my post are on hold to be approved by mod. Did I do something wrong/
Edit:Ok. That went through quickly.

I don't think so. The mods here are wonderful. They may be editing posts.

Per the reporter she was tazed 3 times. Why are the badges covered? Hubby wasn't allowed to do that!????

I'm guessing they have the black bands covering their badges in respect of their fallen fellow officers in NY. The LAPD has the black bands on their badges right now. I don't think it covers the entire badge though.

St Louis County Police have just released the following statement. This sounds to me like the deceased tried to ambush the cop

B5m9mVjIAAAyLl3.jpg

I'm puzzled over the badges being covered. That was a BIG no-no when hubby was LE. Interesting.

To the officer Go ****yourself......I LOL'd....sorry

St. Louis County Police FB:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=909457535739690&id=122091914476260

The St. Louis County Police Department is conducting an investigation into a shooting death involving a Berkeley, Missouri police officer.

At approximately 11:15 PM on December 23, 2014, a police officer with the City of Berkeley was conducting a routine business check at the Mobile Gas Station located at 6800 N. Hanley when he observed two male subjects on the side of the building.

The Berkeley Police Officer exited his vehicle and approached the subjects when one of the men pulled a handgun and pointed it at the officer. Fearing for his life, the Berkeley Officer fired several shots, striking the subject, fatally wounding him. The second subject fled the scene.

The Berkeley Police Department requested the St. Louis County Police Department's Crimes Against Persons Unit to handle the investigation. St. Louis County Police Detectives have recovered the deceased subject's handgun at the scene.

At this time, we cannot confirm the identity of the deceased subject. The investigation is on-going and further details will be provided as the investigation proceeds.

I'm puzzled over the badges being covered. That was a BIG no-no when hubby was LE. Interesting.

Were the badges maybe covered with black to honor the NYC cops who were killed ? Only a guess ,of course.

I'm guessing they have the black bands covering their badges in respect of their fallen fellow officers in NY.

Um, yeah, I don't think so -- one dude was just covering up his badge number with his hand for an extended period.

It looks like the youth may not have been "unarmed" after all (not that it will matter to protesters)

Chris Shepherd ‏@ChrisShepherd 1m1 minute ago
Pic of gun at the scene. From @valeriehahn @stltoday #antoniomartin #Berkeley pic.twitter.com/Cq5clErmwb

View attachment 66244

EDIT: Photo credit @valeriehahn St Louis Post-Dispatch night side reporter

everyone wants answers .......but they don't know what exactly what happened yet.....this is not good.

I'm guessing they have the black bands covering their badges in respect of their fallen fellow officers in NY. The LAPD has the black bands on their badges right now. I don't think it covers the entire badge though.

The reporter can't see their ID #'s. I've never heard of this. Wear black arm bands or something.

Um, yeah, I don't think so -- one dude was just covering up his badge number with his hand for an extended period.

Thanks for the info Montjoy. I was just making a guess r/t what our LAPD are doing. Didn't mean to offend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back