2-15-2013 Dr Phil Show

So we are supposed to believe that George sexually abused casey since she was 8, he wrapped Caylee in a garbage bag and threw her into a swamp, and he blamed that on Casey----but now they have 'made up' ????

How do you make up with someone who rapes you for years and throws your baby in a dump?

Seriously - Dr. Phil said that?? I see a spec of Redemption in his future!!

Yes...it wasn't a SOFT interview as we have seen in the past and Dr Phil did bring ask some good questions.

IF he ever got the opportunity to sit down with her, I could see him rip her to shreds, so to speak, and offer to get/give her help

I am watching it now, as nauseating as it is.

Are they going to talk about the newly released computer searches?????

I doubt it.

If Dr Phil is a doctor, he should have known and questioned about what could or could not have been found on an autopsy on remains that were only bones.

It sounds like it was a recap of the same old stuff of twisting the lies around to fit the case JB presented.

What was JB's response as to the real truth about what he knew happened to Caylee?

How did the audience react to Dr Phil for his questions and JB for his answers?

Baez said he doesn't know what happened to Caylee, he wasn't there, the accidental drowning was more probable than the Prosecutions choloroform and duct tape theory...
That only 2 or perhaps 1 person truly knows what happened to Caylee.

JBaez says, "I didn't go off and pay a jury off with a suitcase of money. They sat there and listened to every single piece of evidence, saw the witnesses in person, not on tv, not on the news, or hearing the soundbites, and they came to a specific conclusion." Dr. Phil replies, "but they didn't listen to evidence. There was no evidence that GA molested her, which was a prong of the defense, there was no evidence to that. You just told a story."... Followed by JBaez fumbling, and resorting to one of his favorite disclaimers, claiming that it was "a burden that didn't have to be proven," by the defense...

There was nothing showing audience reaction at all until the end when they said all would get a copy of the book. You wouldn't even know there was an audience.

I am trying to remember if the cameras scanned the audience?

Baez said he doesn't know what happened to Caylee, he wasn't there, the accidental drowning was more probable than the Prosecutions choloroform and duct tape theory...

And apparently his 'evidence' that Caylee drowned is that FCA TOLD HIM that little Caylee was all wet when she last saw her before her dad took her to dispose of her.

REALLY? He is taking her word for all that?

I am trying to remember if the cameras scanned the audience?

Not really. There was a wide shot at the end. There was also one shot earlier that showed a woman. Her face said what we all think. Disgust is how it looked to me.

So now Baez says that he doesnt know why no one called 911 and he doesnt know what really happened surrounding the drowning.

WHY NOT? Why wouldn't FCA have told him EVERYTHING? Wasn't she honest with them at that point? She told him her dad molested her at age 8. Why not continue on and tell him the details about an accidental death?

WHY the heck wouldn't he KNOW what happened? He made it sound, in his opening statement, that he knew all of the sordid details.

How come now he doesn't know what happened if he said in court that he knew what happened?

And apparently his 'evidence' that Caylee drowned is that FCA TOLD HIM that little Caylee was all wet when she last saw her before her dad took her to dispose of her.

REALLY? He is taking her word for all that?

From the way he was talking, I don't think so and he won't say what he believes
He says this is what Casey told him, and from what we witnessed in the courtroom during the trial he built a defense around it to vigorously defend his client

There was a time early on when he would say he believed Caylee to be alive, he believed in his client....you don't hear him say those words anymore..more often now he says "it doesn't matter what I think I had a job to do"

PS I am in no way defending Baez...I still remember the motions he submitted, the pre-trial hearings and his appearances on local and ntl tv since the story broke in 2008

All I could think if while watching was the scene from "Chicago" with Richard Gere singing "Razzle Dazzle". If he was asked something hard, he tried to redirect to something else. He kept stating the defense had no burden of proof so he could make the accusations without proof so long as he thought it was possible. I was truly disgusted with him.

Not really. There was a wide shot at the end. There was also one shot earlier that showed a woman. Her face said what we all think. Disgust is how it looked to me.

Yes, yes I remember that
and I don't think they showed a wide studio shot of Dr Phil, Baez (even with J Bradley) with the audience

So now Baez says that he doesnt know why no one called 911 and he doesnt know what really happened surrounding the drowning.

WHY NOT? Why wouldn't FCA have told him EVERYTHING? Wasn't she honest with them at that point? She told him her dad molested her at age 8. Why not continue on and tell him the details about an accidental death?

He did say after representing her for about 1 year that he gained her trust and she told him what happened or something like that..

He becomes her lawyer in July 2008
She tells him Caylee was kidnapped by the Nanny and that she believes Caylee is ok, alive....
Skeletal remains in Dec 2008
Didn't he say in his book Casey told him what happened to Caylee in jan/feb 2009?
Now he says on TV that it took 1 year(summer 2009) for Casey to tell him the truth...

I think he should have read his book again...

I will try to do a transcript. It will take some time because I have to post from my phone.

All I could think if while watching was the scene from "Chicago" with Richard Gere singing "Razzle Dazzle". If he was asked something hard, he tried to redirect to something else. He kept stating the defense had no burden of proof so he could make the accusations without proof so long as he thought it was possible. I was truly disgusted with him.

I agree and he has has been answering questions with the "defense had no burden of proof" and that he had a "good faith basis" quite a bit

Now onto the segment with John Bradley of CacheBack

He admits on the Dr Phil show that when he heard Baez's closing argument he felt sick, he began to receive hate emails, he lost sleep, he couldn't eat..it really bothered him...

Dr Phil wanted to give him a platform to tell everyone what happened and what he did to try and rectify it...

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1975/
Breaking His Silence

"The day I was asked to take the stand, I was surprised. A report was put before me that I had never seen before. I read a report, line by line, like a narrator," John recalls.

John explains to a Dr. Phil producer, "The 84 hits was for MySpace.com, but there was only one hit for a website that spoke about chloroform."

Later during the trial, Baez accused John of false testimony and testifying about somebody else's report. "This is fraud," Baez told the jurors.

"When Mr. Baez stated that I had perjured myself in the closing arguments, I felt mortified. I was shocked," John says. "I never lied, and after I came forward with the issue, I was waiting for someone to come out and support me, and I’m still waiting."

Now onto the segment with John Bradley of CacheBack
He admits on the Dr Phil show that when he heard Baez's closing argument he felt sick, he began to receive hate emails, he lost sleep, he couldn't eat..it really bothered him...

Dr Phil wanted to give him a platform to tell everyone what happened and what he did to try and rectify it...

So sad - just horrific - so many collateral victims in this case!! :banghead:

And all because of a lawyer who thinks that vigorously defending your client means lying yourface off as an Officer of the Court... no wonder he is smirking - to hide his shame of what he did.

Just wait until your son gets a load of you Mr. Baez....

From the way he was talking, I don't think so and he won't say what he believes
He says this is what Casey told him, and from what we witnessed in the courtroom during the trial he built a defense around it to vigorously defend his client

There was a time early on when he would say he believed Caylee to be alive, he believed in his client....you don't hear him say those words anymore..more often now he says "it doesn't matter what I think I had a job to do"

PS I am in no way defending Baez...I still remember the motions he submitted, the pre-trial hearings and his appearances on local and ntl tv since the story broke in 2008

I totally understand and appreciate what you're saying, Intermezzo!

What I dislike is that JB must have heard many and all variations of Casey's lies (because, as you reminded us, he shared some of them with the public before her trial), evaluated them all and chose the one that he thought might fly.

Ummm, there's just no way that seems moral to me! Seems more like being an accessory after the fact and less like a legal defense. I have as little respect for him as I do the murderer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc
Back