20 Year Anniversary of the Terror Attacks on 9/11/01

I watched much of the coverage yesterday and we ended the day watching "Come from Away" I had been to Toronto fall before pandemic hit to see it. Apparently the plan was to make it into a movie using some of the Newfoundland locals as extras. Covid changed that plan. A live production was filmed instead. A time when the world came together. If you have not seen it I would invite you to do so.
It was a fabulous play. I saw the Washington DC premier years ago. I mention that because at that time some of the cast were local residents who took people in and some were actual passengers from stranded planes. There was a couple who met while stranded and ended up married who were part of the original ensemble.

It was a pivot point in my life. I had just taken my first high paying job after finished my masters a few months before. And I dropped all that, joined the Marines and did three tours instead.

Thank you for your service @Diogenetic
Much respect for the sacrifice you made for our country.
I hope you were able to return to your career choice.

It was a pivot point in my life. I had just taken my first high paying job after finished my masters a few months before. And I dropped all that, joined the Marines and did three tours instead.
Thank you and God bless. @steeltowngirl covered it so well, many of us will always be grateful and you have our upmost respect for your sacrifice. I too hope you were able to return and enjoy your career choice.

A fave positive story about Salty & Roselle:

Salty_and_roselle.jpg

image from wikipedia

Salty, a relative of Wrangler’s, led blind owner to safety from 71st floor on 9/11

Heroes, they led many people to safety!

Back again with Salty & Roselle.

Since last year, learned that an engineer friend was meeting with defense contractors in DC on 9/11 -- but no one in the family knew that the meeting was NOT in the Pentagon!

On the 12th, the hotel had the shuttle vans avaialable for anyone who wanted a ride to the big blood drive.

Changes your focus, for certain.

jmho ymmv lrr

Was getting ready to leave for work, actually in my car and my husband came out and said 'hey you may want to see this, a commuter plane just hit a trade tower in NY." He had on Katie and Matt as I recall. I went inside and a few minutes later the second plane hit the second tower. I remember being physically ill, realizing it wasn't commuter planes. I couldn't watch anymore..went outside on our screened porch to pray. It wasn't long after that I heard a noise I could never fully describe, (the two largest blocks of concrete ever made clapping together,) the house shook, the cat flew off her perch, and in the inside of our house all doors slammed shut. I said to my husband 'they just bombed D.C. and looked toward the city waiting for a mushroom cloud." The noise I heard was the plane hitting the Pentagon..seemed like forever before the news announced what had happened.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back