2008.09.14 Casey Enters No Guilty Plea On Fraud Charges - REVISITED

Someone said on TV there were 22 charges with more coming.

This must have been the outing trip with JB and KC yesterday. Must have been signing paperwork. This just gets more and more bazarre. Does her attorney really think he's going to get her out of this?

Unbelievable however I just knew she would plea N/G..it's so "Casey" it's not even funny.

[QUOTE
[/COLOR]
I don't understand how someone can plead not guilty when there is video tape to show she did it..?

To, for Baez to file that kind of motion, does this particularly just ask for documents or evidence pertaining to current charges only? Or would they be required to show what she could be facing as well?[/QUOTE]

It wasnt Casey on the Cameras with the forged checks it was her sister Cassy Silly!! Didnt you know she is a twin??:rolleyes:

My guess is she entered a not guilty plea so she could work out a plea deal. With no prior criminal record, it's very possible she could get probation. I once had a client very much like KC. She stole an interviewer's purse when the interviewer went to the bathroom and then went across the street to cash some checks. She swore up and down she didn't do it. When I told her they had her on videotape these were her exact words: "They took pictures, they took pictures, isn't that a violation of my constitutional rights!" It takes all kinds.....

My guess is she entered a not guilty plea so she could work out a plea deal. With no prior criminal record, it's very possible she could get probation. I once had a client very much like KC. She stole an interviewer's purse when the interviewer went to the bathroom and then went across the street to cash some checks. She swore up and down she didn't do it. When I told her they had her on videotape these were her exact words: "They took pictures, they took pictures, isn't that a violation of my constitutional rights!" It takes all kinds.....

Exactly she is banking on a deal so later she can plea guilty to a lesser charge..no doubt.

Don't you know she's not guilty because she said she begged, borrowed and yes, even stole money so that she could find her daughter. Yep, that was her excuse for stealing the money. I think she will be laughed out of court if they use that as an excuse for stealing.

wow.. but on Sunday?? Court house was open?? don't understand this one.. open it special for her?? and can't believe she plead not guilty. lol her name is on checks and dl info. video of her at stores. omg but jb wants info of what the state has..

ok but what does it mean by her turning down the right for arraignment mean?? i don't know what this one means and is it a big thing??
tia

once again, i am not saying nor have i ever said it will work for her in this case, just that this is the direction she is probably trying to go in. some people didn't understand how it was possible to be 'not guilty' of something you have physically done.

I understood what you meant- thanks for the clarification.

I think she already cunningly set up her defense to this. In the interview she stated that she will lie and STEAL to get her daughter back.
---------------------
Didn't someone on N.G.'s program say they checked out what she bought with the money? ordinary things a woman her age would buy! They would have proof of what she spent it on and it wasn't for Caylee! IMO

actually in many cases when they go to court the defense lawyer pleads NG for their clients. otherwise they would go directly to being charged and put in jail.

I really hope Baez has not told her that he can get her off on these charges. They might make a deal but unless he decides to use a deminished capacity (or whatever it is called) defense, which he might be able to prove with Casey for a client, he has a snowballs chance in he!! of getting her off completely. I am not a lawyer so if I didn't get terminology right or something, I apologize.

I feel that with the kind of person Casey seems to be and I will include her parents in this as well, if he can't get her off on these charges completely, he is going to find his butt dropped like a hot potato.

Not guilty because her other persona did it. Insanity Plea :doh:

I think the person above somewhere here is right. Its standard procedure kind of. As in you plead Not guilty so you dont get sentenced right away like you do if you plead guilty.
Soo they plead not so it gives more time to set up the court date. (you know wasting more taxpayer dollars/so the criminal can walk around, etc)
Dont worry she cant get out of the thefts, too much evidence for those.

Exactly she is banking on a deal so later she can plea guilty to a lesser charge..no doubt.

My brother said she may be advised to do this in hopes when all the charges come in, she can get a plea bargain on them all combined which would lower the jail time.

He said he would never advise his client to do this under these circumstances because of the high profile of this case that "deal' may never come from the DA. He said they may be buying time and trying to pay off all the plantiffs, but the state does not have to drop the charges even if they are paid now.

Someone that actually knows what they're talking about will have to fix the error of my assumption in terms of the "not guilty" plea, but...

Casey & JB are setting up their defense as not-guilty-by-reason-of-mental-defect/insanity. :rolleyes:

Casey will claim, with an all-star Dr. to back it up, that she has multiple personalities. Casey will claim that ZFG was simply one, if not, THE, other personality in her psyche. They will have to figure out a way to explain why she signed the checks as "Casey" instead of "ZFG" (I assume w/o seeing them), but, this is likely going to be her defense, IMHO.

Whatever happened to Caylee will be her ZFG's-personality's fault, not Casey's.

TADA! :bang:

My brother said here after looking over all the charges, that most likely if it were his client, he could get her off with about 5 years if restitution was paid before court. He said he is not familiar with Florida law on fraud, but here she would do some time and it would just be trying to make a deal for the least amount of time for his client rather than continuing to plead not guilty.

Someone that actually knows what they're talking about will have to fix the error of my assumption in terms of the "not guilty" plea, but...

Casey & JB are setting up their defense as not-guilty-by-reason-of-mental-defect/insanity. :rolleyes:

Casey will claim, with an all-star Dr. to back it up, that she has multiple personalities. Casey will claim that ZFG was simply one, if not, THE, other personality in her psyche. They will have to figure out a way to explain why she signed the checks as "Casey" instead of "ZFG" (I assume w/o seeing them), but, this is likely going to be her defense, IMHO.

Whatever happened to Caylee will be her ZFG's-personality's fault, not Casey's.

TADA! :bang:

Multiple personality defense has never worked in courts. Who knows this could be a first.

she'll say something like she had no choice but to do it, she stole to help desperately 'find her daughter'. watch and see.

she already said that in one of the interviews i read so she's way ahead of her game....

I guess we don't really know what her psychological evaluations concluded, but I believe it has been said she was not mentally ill and did not have a history of mental illness. So it would be long road for them to come in and argue something as severe as multiple personality disorder. But I wouldn't be surprised if they find signs of other types of mental "disturbances" - such as bipolar or anti-social personality disorder. Though not enough to argue she was "mentally ill" and therefore not guilty, they might be used as a mitigating factor in an attempt to reduce her sentence. I don't know that they found anything in her evaluation, but she sure seems to dislay some common characteristics!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back