2008.10.14 - Casey's statement to police AFTER indicted

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA that her CONSTANT touching herself and fidgeting is her coping mechanisim. A self-soothing device. The basis of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Bet she was counting the tiles on the ceiling, walls, and floor too...All this physical activity kept her from talking aloud to herself while alone in the holding room. Too bad!

And the hand rubbing. The woman officer at OCSO jail, when describing KC's reaction to seeing the news footage of the remains being found, said KC was rubbing her hands a lot then just like we have seen her do in court.

In the early 90's I shared an office with a guy who was severe OCD. In 1993 our company started going through a major downsizing that lasted over a year. As the stress increased for all of us, he became so repetitive in his throat clearing and hand-rubbing I actually had to ask to be moved. He would start rubbing his hands together (just like KC does) and he wouldn't be able to stop. Then he mess with his hair, clear his throat, and start all over again. It became almost constant.

And the hand rubbing. The woman officer at OCSO jail, when describing KC's reaction to seeing the news footage of the remains being found, said KC was rubbing her hands a lot then just like we have seen her do in court.

In the early 90's I shared an office with a guy who was severe OCD. In 1993 our company started going through a major downsizing that lasted over a year. As the stress increased for all of us, he became so repetitive in his throat clearing and hand-rubbing I actually had to ask to be moved. He would start rubbing his hands together (just like KC does) and he wouldn't be able to stop. Then he mess with his hair, clear his throat, and start all over again. It became almost constant.

That sounds more like Tourettes than OCD to me.

That sounds more like Tourettes than OCD to me.

Trust me...lol, it was OCD. The man was ate up with it. Placing things in their place and then replacing them in their place. But his repetitive motions (handrubbing, rubbing his hair) were a LOT like KC exhibits when she is in court. Constantly adjusting the clothes, all that business. Near the end of my time in the office with him (which was 3 years) it became alarming, because I felt like he was about to pop a cork. Now that I've watched KC, I wonder if this isn't how they keep themselves maintained (i.e. they actually never would pop a cork...they just keep cycling through their motions that keep their mind from going wonkers).

Her affect is not "flat". Flat affect is a "severe reduction in emotional expressiveness." I don't think she is a sociopath, although she may display some traits. A sociopath doesn't play at being a sociopath, they simply ARE a sociopath.

This is a person intentionally playing a part. Her coquettish nature and apparent disregard for the gravity of her situation reminds me of a Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis. These types "play" with people's heads as a matter of course, but when someone doesn't agree with them or sets limits, they often fly into a blind rage. Afterwards, they sincerely believe it was the other person's fault. In other words, they never own their own inappropriate behavior.

BPD's are generally known for creating havoc around them in some way, I call them the 'eye of the hurricane'. High functioning BPD's are especially yucky to be around because they are manipulators, liars and often thieves. They are adroit at telling you what you want to hear while they slip the knife in from behind. You know the type, your gut tells you something is very wrong, but you can't always suss it out immediately. Moral: Listen to your gut! IMO, Casey is definitely a high functioning BPD and I believe CA is the same.
Yes, ITA! I was at the Ted Bundy trial in which he represented himself. He was calm and cool one minute, but in a heartbeat flew into a rage comparable to a two year old in a toy store. He was so uncontrollable he had to be restrained and led away. It was cognitive dissonance. It was Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde in the courtroom.
I predict we will see this same behavior in the upcoming trial.

Yes, ITA! I was at the Ted Bundy trial in which he represented himself. He was calm and cool one minute, but in a heartbeat flew into a rage comparable to a two year old in a toy store. He was so uncontrollable he had to be restrained and led away. It was cognitive dissonance. It was Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde in the courtroom.
I predict we will see this same behavior in the upcoming trial.

By SEVERAL people!

Excellent idea, Mama.....someone she does not feel she can manipulate, someone calm yet intimidating-A real ADULT, MATURE woman who will NOT go away, who she cannot avoid. Maybe a Dr. Laura-type, no guff.
I'm afraid though, Mama, it might take sending your Polary bear down for a visit to get her to crack at this point.

Let Judge Judy at her. heh heh....:crazy:

I could not watch the entire footage of the interview-I think the agent did a fantastic job of not giving into her.

For me the most disturbing part was watching her play with her handcuffs like they were bracelets....holding them up, slipping them around-not as representative of her situation, but like they were jewelry. It was incredibly weird to me. There was definitely a pattern to the hair smoothing, pop the gum, pull the socks, pull the shirt, look for a camera, count the tiles, start all over again.

The way she kept cleaing her glasses. I found it facinating, it's like all her actions draw you in, very bizarre!
:waitasec: :eek:

I could not watch the entire footage of the interview-I think the agent did a fantastic job of not giving into her.

For me the most disturbing part was watching her play with her handcuffs like they were bracelets....holding them up, slipping them around-not as representative of her situation, but like they were jewelry. It was incredibly weird to me. There was definitely a pattern to the hair smoothing, pop the gum, pull the socks, pull the shirt, look for a camera, count the tiles, start all over again.

Pull the imaginary bugs off her hands and drop them onto the floor..

LOL. she's an odd cat.

"If LE wanted to speak with myself........."

Much like.........."if I am innocent......."

And "Oh, I KNOW"........upon answering ?'s when none of what she has said makes any sense whatsoever BUT it's like she's thinking "I'm going to go right on and tell you the same things AGAIN even tho you've proved my every lie AND I've agreed with you that they are lies" and on she goes........

Also, imo not one of the A's have 2 sided conversations!

That FBI agent remained very patient throughout. They have all (LE) been patient with the entire Anthony family! I admire that!

I realize we have fancy jargon for it today, but when talking about KC's compulsion to wring and rub her hands, I'm more put in the mind of Lady Macbeth's "out damned spot" scene.

It would seem to me after watching this video and ones of Casey in court, that her palms sweat when she is nervous or unsure of herself. That would be the reason we see her rubbing her palms together in an effort to dry them. I'm sure she's not even aware that she's doing it. But rather it's a reflex to the wetness in her palms.
There are many reasons people rub their palms. For instance to remove any substance, say like sugar and crumbs from eating a cookie. Or, as an expression of delight, - a small clap of the hands and a tight rub of the palms together. Or perhaps to warm then when they are cold.
Take your pick - but I'm sure we see the hand rubbing because her palms are sweaty cause she's nervous. But, you will notice that palm rubbing does not occur when she's talking and lying, which she seems to always be doing at the same time - lying if she's talking.
jmo

It would seem to me after watching this video and ones of Casey in court, that her palms sweat when she is nervous or unsure of herself. That would be the reason we see her rubbing her palms together in an effort to dry them. I'm sure she's not even aware that she's doing it. But rather it's a reflex to the wetness in her palms.
There are many reasons people rub their palms. For instance to remove any substance, say like sugar and crumbs from eating a cookie. Or, as an expression of delight, - a small clap of the hands and a tight rub of the palms together. Or perhaps to warm then when they are cold.
Take your pick - but I'm sure we see the hand rubbing because her palms are sweaty cause she's nervous. But, you will notice that palm rubbing does not occur when she's talking and lying, which she seems to always be doing at the same time - lying if she's talking.
jmo

Very good points!

The way she kept cleaing her glasses. I found it facinating, it's like all her actions draw you in, very bizarre!
:waitasec: :eek:

A special note on this point is that this instance, when she was indicted, seems to be the only photographic record of her even wearing glasses...So she either wears contacs and did not want to take those to jail with her-OR they are FAKE glasses-just so she could pull off her I am a law student look that she was going for on that day. Casey IS bizzarro! in the extreme-:eek:

A special note on this point is that this instance, when she was indicted, seems to be the only photographic record of her even wearing glasses...So she either wears contacs and did not want to take those to jail with her-OR they are FAKE glasses-just so she could pull off her I am a law student look that she was going for on that day. Casey IS bizzarro! in the extreme-:eek:

I choose fake glasses to look the part. JoseB is stupid enough to advise her to wear them, IMO

See, I read that as her attempting to tell them what she would do in normal situations when she's innocent. Instead of the "when" again, though, she uses IF, which I have found is interchangeable for young people these days. "I try to keep an open mind when it comes to things but if I'm innocent then that's, that's as far as that goes." Says to me she's been accused before and she's taken a stand then to declare her innocence, and that's what she's going to do in this case, too.

Sounds kind of like O.J's book entitled: "IF I DID IT"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member