2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never did root for George. What I heard in his interviews was not a man who wanted the truth. It was a man who was trying his best to distance himself from any crime or cover-up having been committed at the Hopespring residence.

Why was anyone under the impression that George was the "honest" one???

The man DROVE the stinking vehicle off the lot, in the rain with the windows open so he could breathe ..
Got the vehicle home, cleaned it up and then went to work ..

Meanwhile daughter and grand daughter haven't been seen in a month!!!

This is honest??? :bang:

Just wanted to add, why do so many believe that GA told the truth and nothing but the truth to the Grand Jury? He doesn't seem to have a problem twisting his words and the facts to fit the Anthony version of events. Why would he tell the whole truth this time?

Just wanted to add, why do so many believe that GA told the truth and nothing but the truth to the Grand Jury? He doesn't seem to have a problem twisting his words and the facts to fit the Anthony version of events. Why would he tell the whole truth this time?
At that time, Cynthia had not finished telling him what to say.

I doubt he told the whole, and nothing but?

But some facts might have slipped out.

At that time, Cynthia had not finished telling him what to say.

I doubt he told the whole, and nothing but?

But some facts might have slipped out.

George is a lot like Casey in that regard. He sprinkles a little truth here and there. I still can't believe he is ex-LE. The minute he drove that car (with the windows down because it reeked of death) he dishonored the badge AND his granddaughter. He belongs in jail.

George is a lot like Casey in that regard. He sprinkles a little truth here and there. I still can't believe he is ex-LE. The minute he drove that car (with the windows down because it reeked of death) he dishonored the badge AND his granddaughter. He belongs in jail.
I feel disgust for GACALA every time I see a photo of Caylee!
Even more so when any of them are in the photo. It's stark confirmation that they had this beautiful, but vulnerable, child in their midst. They could have, should have, saved her. They certainly could have, should have, found out what had happened to her within a day or two (not 31). They could, and SHOULD NOW do a lot to ensure justice for Caylee, who they have FAILED ABYSMALLY!

I feel disgust for GACALA every time I see a photo of Caylee!
Even more so when any of them are in the photo. It's stark confirmation that they had this beautiful, but vulnerable, child in their midst. They could have, should have, saved her. They certainly could have, should have, found out what had happened to her within a day or two (not 31). They could, and SHOULD NOW do a lot to ensure justice for Caylee, who they have FAILED ABYSMALLY!

BRAVO!!!
I went on a rant earlier (which I deleted beofre posting) about these people whining how tough they have things, then I thought of the search and recovery team finding Caylee's little tooth lying on the ground. Some days I stay fairly cool, but seeing them on tv today just really made me want to reach my hand through the screen and throttle some pixels!!

BRAVO!!!
I went on a rant earlier (which I deleted beofre posting) about these people whining how tough they have things, then I thought of the search and recovery team finding Caylee's little tooth lying on the ground. Some days I stay fairly cool, but seeing them on tv today just really made me want to reach my hand through the screen and throttle some pixels!!
my bold

:rotfl: I do that all the time!

I don't who this lady is on JVM, but she is a refreshing change. She actually knows something about this case. And Cindy says she was writing suicide letters this past summer, but oh, oh,,there were no red flags from Casey until July 15??
What a load of hooey!!!!!!!

georgeanthony.jpg

Any time I think I'd like to shake some sense into GA I remember this picture. He lost the only thing that mattered to him. I really don't think he believes anything he says, he's parroting what he's told to say and I think that's because he doesn't think it matters any more. His Caylee is gone. He doesn't have a good relationship with his extended family, his wife runs all over him and his kids don't have any respect for him. Until he fully accepted that Caylee was gone, he was cooperating with LE, he was going behind CA to tell the truth. I think he's been beaten down and overruled years.

I think he has made some major mistakes in his life and doesn't have any confidence in himself. Had he refused to go along with CA directives, what would he have done? Where would he have gone? What would it have changed? His Caylee was still dead, I think he was following orders and just trying to keep from sinking into despair. During his depo, IMO he was following orders not to cooperate, once they told him that if he walked out they would file for attorney's fees, he had an excuse to cut the act. Personally I believe that after Cindy's depo, she was telling George that "he just has to have faith", because she knows he's just going by her script and doesn't believe a word of it. MOO

georgeanthony.jpg

Any time I think I'd like to shake some sense into GA I remember this picture. He lost the only thing that mattered to him. I really don't think he believes anything he says, he's parroting what he's told to say and I think that's because he doesn't think it matters any more. His Caylee is gone. He doesn't have a good relationship with his extended family, his wife runs all over him and his kids don't have any respect for him. Until he fully accepted that Caylee was gone, he was cooperating with LE, he was going behind CA to tell the truth. I think he's been beaten down and overruled years.

I think he has made some major mistakes in his life and doesn't have any confidence in himself. Had he refused to go along with CA directives, what would he have done? Where would he have gone? What would it have changed? His Caylee was still dead, I think he was following orders and just trying to keep from sinking into despair. During his depo, IMO he was following orders not to cooperate, once they told him that if he walked out they would file for attorney's fees, he had an excuse to cut the act. Personally I believe that after Cindy's depo, she was telling George that "he just has to have faith", because she knows he's just going by her script and doesn't believe a word of it. MOO

If what you're saying is true, then George is a bigger fool than I ever thought!

To me, the way he behaves is embarassing to all current and former LE officers. How can you justify acting that way with your training and background no matter what the circumstances are?

Just finished listening to GA deposition last night.

GA said the patio has been there for many years. (near the end of part 5). There has been a lot of speculation that yard work/new pavers had been done in July 2008.

Just wanted to add this in case noone has noted it yet (no time now to read whole thread).

Got a question for you guys:

Does anyone recall whether or not George was asked when/dates that he was aware that Casey went to Lee's house - either for a visit, overnight, etc.? I'm interested in any time that might have been discussed - pre-arrest, post-arrest, etc.

If you recall such a line of questioning, and can find it in the transcript pages, or could point me to the approximate time frame in the deposition (beginning, middle, end) I would be ever so grateful.

Got a question for you guys:

Does anyone recall whether or not George was asked when/dates that he was aware that Casey went to Lee's house - either for a visit, overnight, etc.? I'm interested in any time that might have been discussed - pre-arrest, post-arrest, etc.

If you recall such a line of questioning, and can find it in the transcript pages, or could point me to the approximate time frame in the deposition (beginning, middle, end) I would be ever so grateful.

George was never asked, and before you draw up Lee's thread and ask there, I don't recall he was ever asked if Casey was at his house for visits.

That deposition of GA is the most heartbreaking thing I've seen in a long time. Add to that its absurdity, since he and his wife have always said that this ZG doesn't match the description of the woman described to them by their daughter, that they and Casey have never accused this woman, all they know about this woman is what they've seen on TV.

Very few of the questions asked pertained to the defamation suit at all. I couldn't believe how often instead of asking questions, the lawyer was making long-winded statements on the video. At times it was impossible to even find a question in it all or understand what he was saying. I couldn't believe the extreme insensitivity of some of the questions, and he would asked them again and again, repeating the most upsetting details to GA, questions that had nothing whatsoever to do with defamation or this ZG. Even after they were answered he would ask the same questions again and again, up to four times. Not to mention how often he threatened Mr. Anthony with additional costs, etc, etc, on top of his visible anguish. Absolutely painful to watch.

And why do this? It's as if ZG's lawyers were trying to defend this woman against criminal charges regarding Caylee's disappearance or something, criminal charges that don't exist. They seemed to be basically trying to get the members of the A family to swear that this woman was not involved. The A's have no obligation to exempt or excuse this woman or swear to her innocence or help prove her innocence to charges that don't exist. They don't know if she was involved or not, they have no way of knowing, they only know that Casey didn't tell them it was this woman, her description of the woman is different, and they have never said it was this woman. That's what a defamation suit is about. This woman's name isn't even the same as ZFG.

Very, very sad is all I can say. It's a shame that depositions can be stretched this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname