2009.08.21 Motions hearing #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second laugh of the hearing:

Jose Baez hypothesizing: "Paralegal going rogue..."

Made me think of a new sexy video series called, "Paralegals Gone ROGUE!" Heh.

That is just too funny! :floorlaugh:

Tony, I think both your uncle and the Anthonys have told some pretty big whoppers. But I feel like your uncle, unlike the Anthony family, was always trying to flush out the real truth. George and Cindy were just plain obscuring it for the sole benefit of the Anthony Family. I don't understand why you're so critical of LP and forgiving of the Anthonys.

Many of us here started out wanting to sympathise with them and give them a pass on some of the first few offensive onslaughts but then it seemed they just became more and more aggressive. Can you give us any personal insight that might help us understand why you choose to back them more than your uncle? Are they misrepresenting their true hearts in public?

The house behind the Anthony's was vacant. We were granted permission to monitor that area. Nobody was living there just monitoring. The Anthony's have always been very nice to me Rob and Tracy. We still talk occassionally. There is some bad blood between them and Leonard because of not only what Leonard has done but some things that have been said between them. That memorial Leonard had was a joke!!! These conversations will come out in time.

What house behind the Anthony's? Their house backs up to a floodplane...

Here's a summation of Linda DB's argument re: Padillas:

1. There was no notice to the parties (LP et al.). The defense's motion, if granted by Strickland, would work as a gag order on LP, TP, TMc, and so on.

2. Defense's statement that any and all statements between LP & crew and Casey should be subject to attorney/client privilege is not supported by case law. LDB said that case law narrows A/C privilege to situations "only in rendition of legal services". How was LP & crew offering legal services? Heh.

3. The person asserting the privilege has the burden of proving the privilege. Case law specifies that this has to be established FIRST before one goes any further. She is saying that the defense MUST prove the privilege exists and the Court has to look at what evidence is before it in order to establish the privilege. In other words, you can't just "say" there is a privilege...it must be proven and when one looks at the four corners of the document it is seemingly not an agency agreement.

Very impressive!!!!

If anyone would like to read Tony's post from his last visit at WS, you can read it here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69676"]Support Thread for Tony and Leonard Padilla. NO negative comments; Support only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Maybe I misinterpreted the gesture, but when she stood up to leave the courtroom, it almost seemed like AL had to point her to her parents. I also noticed she didn't seem to look in their direction when she entered court either. MOO

She's only interested in people who are of use to her.

She kept telling them how much she loved them, when she thought they could get her out.

Yes it was brought up in court today. And Baez did act a little insulted.

Tony, if Baez knowingly submitted your signature page with a different document, please DO inform the Florida Bar. ASAP. :)

Were you there today? You need to let me know what color shirt you're wearing so I can watch your facial expressions when Baez speaks. :crazy:

Just watching your Uncle now on JVM repeat.

Thanks Tony for being here.

To our legal people here, with all the misinformation about LP today does LP get the chance to set the record straight. That he was not here for security reasons. I have never heard of a security company paying to protect a person from bodily harm. It is usually the other way around. So why does GA think that this statement from him will be viewed as the truth. I think he has just made it worse for KC. Who does not know what a bail bondsman does? LP must be livid. Good grief, a security guard. Not sure because my link kept breaking up but was SA trying to point out to GA that since he has worked in the security field that maybe he should know what the bail bondsman's job really is?

Worse than that-- he's an ex-cop.

Maybe she mixed you up with me because I said it wasn't the "M" name but some name that I thought began with "C" but I could not remember it. :crazy:

That is exactly what I must have done. Sorry. I am trying to keep up with the posts and must have read it wrong. This is like a runaway thread. Sit down to dinner and come back and your 5 or 6 pages behind. Love it. It has not been this busy since the last doc dump.

Even Mr. Luca...LA ex attorney...says that you guys weren't functioning as an arm of the defense.

Just kidding. I think you said you did not catch the name that it started with a "C". Campbell is a very common name. Most people do not realize how many people have that last name.

That was me LampChop. By the way, I used to watch you and Sherri on TV all the time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11