2010.05.01 Lindsy has filed for divorce

This might be telling us too that she knows Tommy is going away for a long time.

I think so too. She knows what he did...what his involvement is perhaps. If he was any party to any of this at all (and it looks like he was), Im sure it was too much for her to deal with...the murder and cover up of the murder of an innocent child. The person who doesnt take their children and run as far away from someone like that is foolish. She is protecting her children..and Im sure she could never look at him the same way again. I know I couldnt.

Things that make you go hmmmm! I'm wondering if she's filing for divorce because she has finally had it with Tommy and knows he will never change and/or knows he was involved in Haleigh's disappearance or if this is all related to finances.

After seeing Hope get such a wonderful vacation stay at the local penetiary, maybe her and Tommy have accepted the fact that he's going to be gone for awhile. Not sure how it works in Florida, but in NC if she is a single mom with no means of support or very limited means of support, she would definitely qualify for state assistance. while state assistance does not cover everything like clothes and shoes and toiletries, it will give her and the kids more than enough food, all medical bills paid, all prescriptions paid for or a $3.00 copay in some instances, dental and optical services will be taken care of and they will also give her a place to stay as well as a cell phone. in NC, the living places you have to choose from are definitely not in the elite neighborhoods but at least there would be a roof over their heads and food on the table.

in other words, this divorce could be nothing more than another way to get around the system and get a free ride. she doesn't seem like that type of person but how many surprises have we had in this case already?

I'm sorry but I'm not clapping my hands for lindsy yet, IMO her lawyer must of told her it would be in her best interest to divorce him now based on what's come up over the past few weeks... I'm also guessing DCFS is asking a bunch of questions too, just to make sure those babys are ok.... IMO she's in a funny spot...

I'm sorry but I'm not clapping my hands for lindsy yet, IMO her lawyer must of told her it would be in her best interest to divorce him now based on what's come up over the past few weeks... I'm also guessing DCFS is asking a bunch of questions too, just to make sure those babys are ok.... IMO she's in a funny spot...

DCFS has been going to her house a lot according to the jailhouse tapes.

IMO, Lindsey wouldn't want to loose her children. Hank Sr told Misty during a jailhouse conversation that Lead Detectives in the HaLeigh Cummings investigation, Peggy Cone and Jason Joliceur, had paid Lindsy a visit and told her Hank Sr and Lisa were no longer permitted to be around her children. Hank Sr said he was planning to consult with a lawyer to find out if LE were violating his rights. During this conversation Hank told Misty LE planned to have the HaLeigh Cummings case wrapped up in two weeks time, to which Misty replied after a brief pause, "I hope they do."

I was thinking about that the other day. Don't think Lindsey will have to worry about sharing the kids with H SR and L. Lisa is on probation now and will soon get more or a jail term and Hank SR will be in jail or on probation soon. They can't leave the county they live in while on probation. I highly doubt any probation officer would let them move to the county where Lindsey is living.

DCFS has been going to her house a lot according to the jailhouse tapes.

Guess what? Im glad dcfs is out their, just hope its a good case worker... I dont have the time id like to listin to all the tapes so i missed that info...thanks...

Well...hopefully this will be rock bottom for Tommy and he will continue to work with LE and own up to whatever involvement he had in whatever happened to Haleigh and stand up and be the hero that she's needed this whole time in order to redeem himself...

I think ToC knew it was only a matter of time before he lost her. I even think he was beginning to pull back (his demeanor during certain calls), then at other times clinging on more than ever. I also think LinC has given this a lot of thought, but not an easy thing to do at all, no matter what your circumstances. She did have certain boundaries she was warning him and reminding him about, and at some point she just could not keep him in her life. I do think she should consider writing a book, so her kids will never have to be hungry again when dad (and grand dad) siphons off their food money.:twocents:

Lindsy must know if Tommy was home or not that night. She lived with him, she must know.

It could be that he told her to cover for him that night, as he was out buying drugs or "out for a walk" or something, and she did that, believing him. Now that it looks like he might be implicated in the murder of a child - that's a different story.

I'm glad that she is cutting the ties, and hope that she will now tell the truth about that night.
Finally! Someone else besides me said it, I posted that on a dif thread before...I believe she knows that Tommy left that night and was out for awhile, what wifey wouldnt?? I believe her only mistake is not telling LE about it, she covered for her husband and he prob lied to her about where he was or what he was doing that night (obviously) but her mistake was not telling le. Im so glad she is leaving him now that he did not pass the poly. She probably feels that she can never trust whatever he says or having him with the children alone (moo). I still think she should have made him tell LE the truth from the beginning and maybe they would have found Haleigh.

Florida is a no fault state. The divorce could be final within weeks. The state of Florida does not have welfare, so LC will most likely receive food stamps, medicaid, child day care services, and assistance with her education. Rent controlled dwellings are also available, but they normally are in the worse sections of the county. If I were LC I would move away from Florida, and make a new life for myself, and my children.

I too agree Cat i would move far far away if i were her. Better life for her and her children not to be remember in circumstances such as this. Hopefully she will tell LE EVERYTHING she does know, Im curious if she went to LE with everything she knew or if they had to hunt her down to question her? Jus t asking.

It seems to me that Lindsey is the only onein this group that really cares about finding the truth about Haleigh

I think ToC knew it was only a matter of time before he lost her. I even think he was beginning to pull back (his demeanor during certain calls), then at other times clinging on more than ever. I also think LinC has given this a lot of thought, but not an easy thing to do at all, no matter what your circumstances. She did have certain boundaries she was warning him and reminding him about, and at some point she just could not keep him in her life. I do think she should consider writing a book, so her kids will never have to be hungry again when dad (and grand dad) siphons off their food money.:twocents:

BBM I like the idea of her writing a book. If that happens she needs to donates part of the proceeds in Haleighs name to the charity of Crystal Sheffields choice. MOO

I was thinking about that the other day. Don't think Lindsey will have to worry about sharing the kids with H SR and L. Lisa is on probation now and will soon get more or a jail term and Hank SR will be in jail or on probation soon. They can't leave the county they live in while on probation. I highly doubt any probation officer would let them move to the county where Lindsey is living.
They can't leave the county or they can't leave the state? I think they can't leave the state without permission, but I have never heard that one can't leave the county while on probation, unless things have changed, which they could have.

Here's a thought I've had on this matter since I've heard the rumblings of a divorce in the works between these two individuals...

She's going to have to be the 'bread winner' now and going as a nurse, I'm sure that it would be most difficult to get employment under the last name of Croslin, especially anywhere here in Florida...but national as well, since this has been in the national news media...(NG and JVM, CNN in general). I can see where her face wouldn't be as recognizable as the last name of Croslin would certainly raise 'red flags' for many employers...
Sooooo here's my thinking, she files for divorce, gets her maiden name back from the completion of the divorce and has a better chance of finding employment and distancing herself from the name, Croslin and anything to do with HaLeigh Cummings...
Just my rambling thoughts on this...

sorry if it's been mentioned and I don't know about Fla. but here in Pa. anyone can petition the court(and is usually granted if within reason) for a name change. It's especially easy if you want to go back to your maiden name. ya don't need a divorce for that. somethin' else is up....not a name change imo.

IMO, Lindsey wouldn't want to loose her children. Hank Sr told Misty during a jailhouse conversation that Lead Detectives in the HaLeigh Cummings investigation, Peggy Cone and Jason Joliceur, had paid Lindsy a visit and told her Hank Sr and Lisa were no longer permitted to be around her children. Hank Sr said he was planning to consult with a lawyer to find out if LE were violating his rights. During this conversation Hank told Misty LE planned to have the HaLeigh Cummings case wrapped up in two weeks time, to which Misty replied after a brief pause, "I hope they do."

Can you share where you got this information? I'd love to see the vids.

--debby

I hope that this divorce isn't just something that Lindsey and Tommy have thought up for whatever reason. I wonder if she still visits him in jail? I hope that Lindsey has come to the conclusion that there is the strong possibility that Tommy was involved in Haleigh's missing. He says one thing and then changes his story and then does it all over again. He is playing games with LE and as she knows he is a thief, liar, and a druggie. I hope that Lindsey is putting her children first for a change but I just don't trust this. I hope she is sincere and will make this divorce the end of her and Tommy. Time will tell.

They can't leave the county or they can't leave the state? I think they can't leave the state without permission, but I have never heard that one can't leave the county while on probation, unless things have changed, which they could have.

Lots of places in the states that one can't leave the county without first notifying the probation officer. Other places one can't leave the county at all.

It is my understanding that Lisa Croslin is on probation and she isn't allowed out of Putnam County. Hank Sr. and Misty discussed that in one of the video visits.

This news doesn't come as a surprise. It was obvious in the first jailhouse video that Lindsy was beginning to see the light. Each subsequent video shows the progression of her disenchantment.

In the first video when he tells her about the people he talks to in jail. Lindsy says, "Well, at least you have someone to talk to." Then they discuss the food he's eating, and she says, "That sounds good. We haven't been eating much", or words to that effect. Afterward he mentions how much he's been sleeping, IIRC, and she responds, "I haven't been sleeping at all." She didn't raise her voice or say anything really ugly, but the anger was obvious.

In another video, he complains because she's not writing to him often, and she says that she doesn't know what to say to him. During one visit, she admonishes him for rolling his eyes, was it? At any rate, it was plain to me that she had fallen out of love and was looking at Tommy with a new pair of eyes. She seems to be a very sweet young woman, and I wish her well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back