2010.05.07 Ronald Cummings Bond Reduction & Nebbia Hearing Canceled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I wouldn't risk the "risk of flight issue" Consider Joran Van der Sloot and Natalee Holloway. Even in the face of a confession, Jorans lawyers in the Netherlands are fighting against his arrest.

I don't think RC would get out of Satsuma without every agency involved knowing about it, but that is just my opinion. Hopefully the hearing wasn't canceled. Sheesh, I can't stand this suspense.

Why would it be canceled?

A person who has posted here has stated he talked about locking them up and keeping them safe for him. Described many of them.

Very true, Lorann. But I'm thinking that even if he didn't have access to his own, he knows enough gun owners to find a way to get one if he really wanted to, IMO. IF he believes that Tommy is involved, God knows what is true, I would think there are several people at risk. His hearing is the 13th so I am smelling a continuance too, if allowed.

I wrote to First Coast news asking them to cover it today, and they responded with an email telling me that they have been told that it has been cancelled....that is all I know about it....was just passing it along...

I got an email too from First Coast that it was cancelled.

Anyone care to speculate as to why the hearing would be canceled? I am full of wonderment this morning.

OK the First Coast News seems to be Ron's Lawyer's media of choice. Last two statements to FCN. Interesting that they know.

I just wrote first coast news again, asking them if they were SURE, they just responded that yes it has been cancelled, but thanks for writing in.....

Very true, Lorann. But I'm thinking that even if he didn't have access to his own, he knows enough gun owners to find a way to get one if he really wanted to, IMO. IF he believes that Tommy is involved, God knows what is true, I would think there are several people at risk. His hearing is the 13th so I am smelling a continuance too, if allowed.
Underneath all the posturing, swagger and aggression, I have a feeling that at the back of it all Ron is just a bunch of hot air and tough guy talk. He is a loose cannon, right enough but at the same time he's got some smarts. I think also, that if he got out, he's smarter than that - I couldn't see him landing himself with another serious charge like GBH or murder.
JMO of course.

I don't think RC would get out of Satsuma without every agency involved knowing about it, but that is just my opinion. Hopefully the hearing wasn't canceled. Sheesh, I can't stand this suspense.

Why would it be canceled?

Hi elle, If it was cancelled we may find out soon but I can only speculate on a number of reasons, witness not available, illness, disclosure of other charges to come, bail money backed out. I think we'll have to see if it gets rescheduled or it's some lawyer trick to keep the public and news crews away from the courthouse while the hearings happen today.

I do believe news crews have to seek the courts permission to film or record court room activities. Depends on the judge and request by defense attorneys if granted.

this from first coast news:
The Bond and Nebbia Hearings scheduled this afternoon for Ronald Cummings have been cancelled.

Christopher Kelly
Assistant State Attorney/
Public Information Officer
251 N Ridgewood Ave.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114

Underneath all the posturing, swagger and aggression, I have a feeling that at the back of it all Ron is just a bunch of hot air and tough guy talk. He is a loose cannon, right enough but at the same time he's got some smarts. I think also, that if he got out, he's smarter than that - I couldn't see him landing himself with another serious charge like GBH or murder.
JMO of course.

I am more worried about what he may try to do to himself! Haleigh's gone, Jr. is with his mother, who knows what he's thinking at this point?

this from first coast news:
The Bond and Nebbia Hearings scheduled this afternoon for Ronald Cummings have been cancelled.

Christopher Kelly
Assistant State Attorney/
Public Information Officer
251 N Ridgewood Ave.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114

Interesting wording. Cancelled not postponed or rescheduled?

Could we hope a Grand Jury is seated and no one is going anywhere?

I am confused as to what all this means. The States Attorney's office has the say on the hearing, maybe they are the ones that had to cancel it.....wonder if we will see a reschedule date. Bummer, I was hoping for some news or movement today.

DITTO elle, my sentiments exactly.

I am more worried about what he may try to do to himself! Haleigh's gone, Jr. is with his mother, who knows what he's thinking at this point?
MO....he should have thought about the kind of life he was living a very long time ago......MO

A pack of smokes, and a cold beer.

MO....he should have thought about the kind of life he was living a very long time ago......MO

MO - He can reflect all day long, 24/7 AFTER he's told us what really happened. I don't want anything to happen to him in the meantime. JMO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes