2010.06.18 Questionnaire -Students, parents asked about Kyron again

The thing is though, they were allowed to turn it in via email as well, or am I wrong about that?
Was it mandatory to turn in the questionnaire by hand if you were involved/present/enrolled in Skyline Elem?

My comment isn't pointed at you, sherbet,because I see you understand the situation, but I have noticed that so many people have such a misunderstanding about how law enforcement works in USA and how far their powers extend. So I'm going to use you as a jumping off point!

LE cannot make it mandatory for anyone to fill out the questionnaire, nor can they make it mandatory how someone fills it out.

LE can ask witnesses for statements. They can make it as convenient as possible for witnesses to return statements. They may reasonably become suspicious of any particular person who refuses to cooperate with LE by refusing to answer questions.

It seems to me as well that there is a strategy in this latest focus on SM that is not necessarily one of suspicion. Otherwise, LE would have had to eliminate entire segments of the timeline (according to various articles) to continue to state that she is the last to have seen him:

8:45 SM waves goodbye to Kyron as she departs school hall and he is at or almost at his homeroom.

9:00 Unidentified school sighting of Kyron reported initially by LE, but mysteriously dropped:

Homerooms separate into groups of approximately 6 students each. Parent/volunteer chaperone sets out with her group, including Kyron, to tour sci-fair projects in other rooms?

—or—

Kyron passes his classmate in hall while loosely walking around with his group and mentions he's going to view the cool e-sci-project?​

10:00 Student groups return to homerooms. Parent/volunteer chaperone of Kyron's group notices he didn't return with the group (she had to have seen Kyron when the group formed to recall him; also only 5 students returning in the group wouldn't have stood out to her if she hadn't started out with 6)

Why can't the public know if LE has confirmed that the group chaperone did take note of Kyron not returning to the class with the group. Why would the classmate make this up? This is essential to determining if this is an abduction or not.

P.S. Can we double post?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5302214&postcount=21"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The last person to have seen Kyron[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5298220&postcount=75"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17[/ame]

Two very good posts by GrainneDhu explaining why she thinks LE isn't releasing more detailed information about the specific time or place Kyron was last seen.

And everyone who turns in a questionnaire will have handily turned in a set of fingerprints.

Clever.

I don't think LE is allowed to take your fingerprints without your consent. They could match prints on the questionnaire to prints they have from some other place, but they couldn't assume they belonged to the person named on the form.

Fingerprints and handwriting samples are not making much sense to me; I guess this would be if they had a ransom note? But since they are accepting e-mail, I am not seeing that.

This whole thing with the questionnaire does not make sense to me. I almost think anything people tell them now but did not tell them before will be kind of tainted if it goes against original statements. They may end up with 50 or more contradictions that they have to sort out and end up back where they were. It still screams of desperation to me on the part of LE. And the amount of time it will take to go through all of these and clear up discrepencies-will this put everything else on hold? I just don't get it.

A Multnomah County deputy was stationed in the school's parking lot until 7 p.m., to receive those filled-in forms. Eighty had been returned by 5 p.m. Sunday. But forms can still be turned in later, directly to the Washington County Sheriff's Office, or by downloading the form and emailing the answers to skyline.flyer@mcso.us . Although the emphasis is on people who live near, or were near, the Skyline School area on June 4, deputies aren't going to ignore relevant information sent in from elsewhere.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...on-His-Stepmother/RmbSiibLPkWFfkVIiqD7rw.cspx

I'm trying to cathc up here so if this has already been mentioned sorry.

My thoughts are that the questionnaire was announced on Friday to shake-up the family since a second polygraph was scheduled for Saturday for SM.

moo
Thoughts?

I'm strange but i'm not thinking of the size to figure out if it will fit but more so to see how tall it might be on his desktop set up. I saw photo of it on the floor it looked really tall and then add that to height of the desk..

Yeah, I see what you're thinking.

I can't find any photo of K with his friend.

I don't think LE is allowed to take your fingerprints without your consent. They could match prints on the questionnaire to prints they have from some other place, but they couldn't assume they belonged to the person named on the form.

Wrong. You go to a restaurant and have a soda. LE has you in their sights as a perp and they wanna match your fingerprints to the crime scene. You don't consent to give them fingerprints (your right to refuse) and all they need to do is follow you until you leave them somewhere they can pick them up. Same for DNA. If you ever commit a crime and smoke, never ever leave your cigarette butts behind. Once it's discarded, it's open season on it.

Wrong. You go to a restaurant and have a soda. LE has you in their sights as a perp and they wanna match your fingerprints to the crime scene. You don't consent to give them fingerprints (your right to refuse) and all they need to do is follow you until you leave them somewhere they can pick them up. Same for DNA. If you ever commit a crime and smoke, never ever leave your cigarette butts behind. Once it's discarded, it's open season on it.

True, but then they'd have to prove to the jury's satisfaction that those were in fact your prints. Though I guess once they arrested you, that gives them the right to print you, so it works out to the same thing in the end.

There have been some questions (in a different thread) about whether this questionnaire was distributed to the public or only meant for student, staff, and parents. Also, whether it could be called a flyer or not.
Here's the information about the flyer from the sheriff's office. Note that they call it a flyer and say they are distributing it to the public.
Multnomah Co. Sheriff's Office MULTNOMAH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS HOLDING A BRIEING ON FLYER THAT IS BEING DISTRIBUTED TO PUBLIC

Posted: June 18th, 2010 11:46 AM

Photo/sound file: http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/i.../36184/061410.SchoolQuestionnaireadobe.hm.pdf (Flyer)
Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Captain Jason Gates will provide a briefing on the attached flyer that is being released today to the public. This flyer has been distributed to the Skyline Elementary staff.
The flyer is attached to this briefing notice
The briefing will be held Friday (June 18, 2010) 2pm at the Skyline Elementary School (11536 NW Skyline Blvd., Portland, OR 97231).
http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

The way you explain it is exactly how I understand our laws work. Anything you leave behind can be collected and tested. Several years ago, we had a man being interviewed by local police in a serial rape case. He refused to submit his DNA, but during the course of the interrogation, he asked for and received a Coke. When he'd had enough of the questioning, he got up and walked out, leaving the coke can behind.......LE tested the can, got a match and that dude is in Angola.

Fingerprints and handwriting samples are not making much sense to me; I guess this would be if they had a ransom note? But since they are accepting e-mail, I am not seeing that.

I was thinking a note was left for Kyron at the school that day.

They may reasonably become suspicious of any particular person who refuses to cooperate with LE by refusing to answer questions.

Yeah, see,.. this is what I was basically trying to get at. I know the 4th, I sometimes don't talk good.. that's my problem.

TY!

I was thinking a note was left for Kyron at the school that day.

This may be just be coincidence but check out these two photos

1) This photo was taken by Andrew Burton of the Oregonian on June 5 of Kyron's Sci Fair Exhibit

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/authorities_search_for_kyron_h_15.html

2) This is the widely spread photo taken by Terri Horman on June 4 of Kyron in front of his Sci Fair Exhibit

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/oxymoran/Kyron/?action=view&current=kyron_horman17_540x405.jpg&newest=1

Spot the difference?

On Terri's version from June 4

On the bottom right of the "central" section of the exhibit there is a green oblong ...longer than its wide. Above it is something that has the shape of an envelope...white with a red streak across its bottom left.

On the Oregonian version from June 5 that envelope-like object has disappeared.

I have no idea why...and quite possibly there is a very simple and innocent explanation...it dropped off when they moved the exhibit...but I'm curious if anyone can shed light on this.

I think that's a pocket that held informational sheets for viewers to take along with them. I could be completely wrong. But that's what it appears to me. Good eyeball, though!

1) This photo was taken by Andrew Burton of the Oregonian on June 5 of Kyron's Sci Fair Exhibit

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/authorities_search_for_kyron_h_15.html

2) This is the widely spread photo taken by Terri Horman on June 4 of Kyron in front of his Sci Fair Exhibit

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/oxymoran/Kyron/?action=view&current=kyron_horman17_540x405.jpg&newest=1

Spot the difference?

On the bottom right of the "central" section of the exhibit there is a green oblong ...longer than its wide. Above it is something that has the shape of an envelope...white with a red streak across its bottom left.

I have no idea why...and quite possibly there is a very simple and innocent explanation...it dropped off when they moved the exhibit...but I'm curious if anyone can shed light on this.

Look at this enlarged photo (click it after it opens and it gets HUGE). Are you talking about the stuff inside his desk?

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/photo/kyron-noglassesjpg-cc969e0971b99405.jpg

ETA: ok, read above post ... I agree. I think it was just additional info.

"In what investigators called a 'good turnout', 350 people responed the the survey about Kyron Horman and his stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman, which was sent out Friday afternoon.

Despite the Sunday deadline for turning in the surveys, officers said it was still okay to turn them in - but that email or returning them in person is preferred."

<snipped>

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...-the-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

I think that's a pocket that held informational sheets for viewers to take along with them. I could be completely wrong. But that's what it appears to me. Good eyeball, though!

I think you're spot-on Debs...you can see a copy of what could-be the flyer standing up http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/oxymoran/Kyron/kyron_horman16_540x4051.jpg on the front left of this photo Terri took of the exhibit without Kyron standing in front of it...

That "flyer" appears to have a similar design to what I called "The Red Streak" in my previous post ...Thanks...knew there would be a simple explanation! Good teamwork!

Spot the difference?

Regarding the photo that you can enlarge, I am just wondering how the heck the corner of the board on the project is able to reflect a shadow all the way up the wall almost to the ceiling? I'm not an expert but that doesn't seem possiable does it?

Yeah, see,.. this is what I was basically trying to get at. I know the 4th, I sometimes don't talk good.. that's my problem.

TY!

I think I would not bother to fill out the form if I my answers were no to every question and my child also answered no I would just toss it'

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back