2010.06.21 ~ CNN says focus of investigation not on TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he make that up? For his 15 minutes of fame? Wasn't it also said that they were told not to speak to the media, but they did it anyway? To me, this makes their claims have less intergrity in general.

I think the more likely scenario for why the teacher wasn't concerned about Kryon's absence is the "miscommunication" that he had an appointment that day.

Or maybe his granny or whatever she was wanted the 15 minutes of fame? When you have other cases..where people are offered cars and other items for supposedly knowing things..i can understand where people may want to get into the act.

Personally speaking..if the police are saying TH was the last person to see Kyron I am not sure they are listening to the little friend much.

JMO

IMO LE has no clue what is going on or who is responsible. they are basing most of there searches on step mom's cell phone pings, yet havent found him.

so what if there wrong? then they have spen 18 days chasing there own tails. and kyron might never be found if they are wrong.

...if, (and I do mean a very hypothetical IF) I were trying to dump a body....and I knew about cell phone pings.....I think I might drive around to random places with my cell phone and then while I was actually doing the dirty work I might just leave my cell at home.

Because all the while they are searching a random place for a body, I would have hidden it somewhere completely different and as we all know from the Caylee Anthony case,the more a body decomposes, the harder it is to determine cause of death.

Just sayin.

MOO.

IIRC, T does mention Terri, but I'll have to go back to the article and find the quotes. I believe he says he saw Terri leave, but that kyron was not with her.

Well..if he saw Terri leave..and the police found him credible why then are they saying Terri was the last person to see Kyron?

Yes, tlcox,

Its a "word game". Of coure LE's focus isn't on TH - their focus is on FINDING KYRON.

Those questionnaires have been returned and are now being read. Its either of 3 things:

1) responses are saying they saw both TH and Kyron that day at the school.

2) responses are saying they saw neither TH nor Kyron that day at the school.

3) responses are saying they saw one or the other that day at the school.

If responses are coming back in the majority that both TH and (especially) Kyron were seen at the school, well then maybe is wasn't TH.

If responses are coming back in the majority that neither was seen - well, then the focus is still on FINDING KYRON.

Its a word game.

JMO and KWIM?

Or maybe his granny or whatever she was wanted the 15 minutes of fame? When you have other cases..where people are offered cars and other items for supposedly knowing things..i can understand where people may want to get into the act.

Personally speaking..if the police are saying TH was the last person to see Kyron I am not sure they are listening to the little friend much.

JMO

They aren't necessarily contradictory statements.

Well..if he saw Terri leave..and the police found him credible why then are they saying Terri was the last person to see Kyron?

Gates said she was the last known person to have seen Kyron. He didn't say where or when that was. Most are assuming it was 8:45 in the school hallway as she reports to have last seen him. LE may have evidence and/or witnesses that place him with her at a later time, possibly in a different location. What LE said and T's account of the conversation aren't necessarily contradictory.

I have a feeling that the questionaires coming in and whatever info they contained have something to do with LE providing the stronger statement that TH is NOT the focus.

Just days ago while LE stated that she was not a POI it was clear by their actions and words that she was being looked at, along with everyone else as a possible suspect.

IMO as of two days ago, she wasn't a POI, officially, but a lot of work was going into either clearing her or making her one. Suddenly, LE makes a stronger statement that she is NOT being focused on.

Either the statement is meant to convey that she is not their SOLE focus (ie. they are pursuing other leads as well) or that she is NO LONGER the focus.

It all depends on how you interpret the statement.

Hi, Tlcox! I really agree with you so often! On a personal basis, I believe that SM is, or at least was, "a" focus, because she was with Kyron the morning he disappeared. While I am sure that LE has had to verify or disprove every single word SM said to them, I don't see that she is now or has ever been the "sole" focus.

We have reports Kyron was confirmed to be seen at the school that morning without TH. A few days ago LE released a statement saying TH was the last person to see Kyron. Does this not imply that they know TH had Kyron after the hour he was seen at school without her?

I would not be surprised to learn they have one or more witnesses of TH leaving the grounds with Kyron. Not much has been released about Kaine's whereabouts or involvement.

LE has stated this is an isolated case and no other kids are in danger (therefore you can rule out stranger abduction). They have stated this is now a criminal investigation (therefore you can rule out Kyron wandering off on his own). They have stated TH was the last person to see Kyron. They have released a questionaire about TH. They gave her a second polygraph. LE is living in the house.

Blind Freddy can see what happened and where the focus is on.

iirc, the sf pictures were posted at 1 something, and there are other children in other shots of his project, 1 with a little girl in the background and another of a friend with the friend's sf project. Since sm reportedly arrived at the school around 8:15, she could have been on Sauvie Island by 8:45. However, she supposedly told LE she was watching Kyron walking towards his classroom at 8:45. Her cellphone pings seem to contradict her.

Really? We don't have any information about cellphone pings and when they might have occurred.

We have reports Kyron was confirmed to be seen at the school that morning without TH. A few days ago LE released a statement saying TH was the last person to see Kyron. Does this not imply that they know TH had Kyron after the hour he was seen at school without her?

I would not be surprised to learn they have one or more witnesses of TH leaving the grounds with Kyron. Not much has been released about Kaine's whereabouts or involvement.

LE has stated this is an isolated case and no other kids are in danger (therefore you can rule out stranger abduction). They have stated this is now a criminal investigation (therefore you can rule out Kyron wandering off on his own). They have stated TH was the last person to see Kyron. They have released a questionaire about TH. They gave her a second polygraph. LE is living in the house.

Blind Freddy can see what happened and where the focus is on.

:Welcome-12-june: to WS Ash...thank you for a well thought out first post...

Question: Have police named a person of interest or suspect in the case?

Lt. Lindstrand: I am not in a position to discuss any persons of interest or suspects at this time.

Question: What would you say to online websleuthers and bloggers?

Lt. Lindstrand: I would tell them to please, not be hurtful. Hurtful comments do not help in any way.

snipped from http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-3...witter:34328

So LE is watching us here and has asked for us not to be hurtful. I would like to say to LE - Many of us are trying very hard to do just that (not be hurtful). We support your efforts to find Kyron and will try not to hamper your efforts.

That is my impression. It appears the cell phone pings at 8:45 show her to be on or near Sauvie Island, not watching Kyron walking down the hall to his classroom. idk

Sorry new here...
Is it a fact that her phone pinged at Sauvie Island? Or are we just rumorizing?

Really? We don't have any information about cellphone pings and when they might have occurred.

SofIa I have a question that maybe you can answer. There was a press conference the other day and some people on one of the threads ive read said that at the end someone ( Maybe LE not sure) said that TH phone pings werent where she was meant to be) when they thought the microphones werent on or something. Do you know if this true or a rumour please?

also, from the same CNN article

The boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, said she last saw Kyron walking down the hallway towards his classroom at Skyline Elementary School, police said. Cell phone records indicate she may not have been at the school at that time, according to a report in People Magazine. Authorities refused to comment on the report.

What???

What I can take from this is that maybe she left wayyyy before the 8:45 am departure she gave LE. If, she is the POI, then maybe she just took the pic of Kyron early around 8 am and then pretended to go see the rest of the exhibits and then left with him.
Or, that she did not have her cell phone with her and left it either in the truck or Mustang and somebody else drove the car for the day. Which takes me to the question of: where was Kayne that day? I do not know why but I keep thinking that he could have gone to the science fair and picked Kyron up. But, I know this may be a stretch cause I haven't heard anything about Kayne's whereabots that day.
This is just my opinion and I truly have not formed an opinion on who could have commited this crime.

The only question I have about that is if T's report of the conversation between the teacher and chaperone is correct. Not necessarily exactly what they each said but the gist of it --- specifically that the person leading the group noted Kyron missing when she returned the group to class. I agree with what was posted on another thread, that I can't see the child making that up out of whole cloth.

IF that is true, and in my gut I feel that it is, then the school has a MAJOR liability on its hands, regardless of who is responsible for his disappearance. Not having a policy of calling in daily absences is one thing, not calling in a child who was present and then disappears is another.

I find it very, very odd that the Horman/Young families haven't said ANYTHING about the school not noticing Kyron was missing. I mean, if he had gotten up to go to the bathroom at 11am, and didn't return, would the teacher not have raised an alarm? Would she have just moseyed on with her day? I don't get it. If this were my child, I would be like "OHMYGOD, WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING when you noticed he didn't come back to class?! You saw him with Terri earlier!!!" I would be PISSED.

All the parents have done is thanked the school for their cooperation. What the heck?

Question: Have police named a person of interest or suspect in the case?

Lt. Lindstrand: I am not in a position to discuss any persons of interest or suspects at this time.

Question: What would you say to online websleuthers and bloggers?

Lt. Lindstrand: I would tell them to please, not be hurtful. Hurtful comments do not help in any way.

snipped from http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-3...witter:34328

So LE is watching us here and has asked for us not to be hurtful. I would like to say to LE - Many of us are trying very hard to do just that (not be hurtful). We support your efforts to find Kyron and will try not to hamper your efforts.

That link doesnt work for me...but in any case because they said websleuthers IMO doesnt mean they mean Websleuths.com. It could be anyone sleuthing the case on the Web.

Hi, Tlcox! I really agree with you so often! On a personal basis, I believe that SM is, or at least was, "a" focus, because she was with Kyron the morning he disappeared. While I am sure that LE has had to verify or disprove every single word SM said to them, I don't see that she is now or has ever been the "sole" focus.

ITA. Anytime a child goes missing and there are no witnesses to the event those around him are the focus first, as well they should be, statistics have shown. It is SOP to immediately focus on the family so I have tried not to read anything at all other than SOP into their apparent hard look at TH. Sole focus, no, but a focus, yes, as she should have been. I hope with all my heart they have finally been able to clear her to their staisfaction.

OT I am happy to meet you, I have often found our thoughts aligning as well.

JMO

I don't think there is any indication that either the 7 year old fellow student nor his grandmother is lying to get "fame". They spoke one time to get the information out there. They have not "licensed photos" of the boys together to get money from media, nor made the rounds of the cable news shows to keep their faces in the media, as we have seen MANY other times with family members and so called friends of victims families. The boy was allowed to speak ONCE to tell what he knew, that's all. There is a very good chance that LE is not mentioning this child's statement in order to PROTECT that child and others from a media onslaught that would taint their testimony later. That child is no less a credible witness than the teacher(s) and may be more reliable as he has no interest in trying to protect himself from liability for this incident, as does the teacher.

jmoo

semantics. Websleuths Websleuthers - I am simply saying that LE is paying attention to us folks here online (which includes those of us participating through this particular forum) and has asked for our cooperation almost by name. I, for one, will be giving it.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...-office-with-update?cid=sharing_twitter:34328

Sorry the link is not working for you. I got it from BeanE on another thread and it worked okay for me.

Sorry new here...
Is it a fact that her phone pinged at Sauvie Island? Or are we just rumorizing?

GREAT QUESTION!

That is a complete rumor perpetuated by the WW article that interviewed five people who they claim have some kind of former association with LE. For all we know those people could be janitors, secretaries and receptionists. Their un-named sources GUESSED that PERHAPS there were cell pings there. The article itself says their sources did not have any access to this particular case or the results of the investigation. For all we know, any cell pings----if they exist at all--from the SI area could belong to someone else entirely.

This RUMOR has been perpetuated here along with other media using the WW article as a source. Please note also, that WW is FREE weekly publication, and their reliability should be viewed as such.

jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member