2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
G1, if they hired the attorney and not Terri does that somehow get around the "gift?"

If the parents supplied the money in any fashion...that ends the discussion. No need to obfuscate. No need for dodging, ducking the issue. She is her daughter;that is their money. No big deal.

No, if it were the parents money...it would be disclosed..said, done, over.

Instead, Terri's own lawyer tells us that the matter of the money "aids discovery." It MUST remain secret for some reason..or Terri will be legally harmed. I think that is huge.

Because if the truth is as simple as the parents gave the money...you just end the speculation and tell the court.

But they have to dodge, duck, and weave their words...they have to continue to evade.

Very, very telling. IMO

Further, Peter Bunch wrote in court filings today that a "third party or parties paid for Mr. Houze's attorney fees," and it was neither a gift to Terri Horman or a loan. Therefore, Bunch argues, the money is not a marital liability.

I take this to mean, it did not come from TH, period.

The argument is that Kaine wants to know if it is marital assets. It has been asserted it is not, and a third party has provided the funds. Kaine got his answer. He doesn't deserve anything more than that he is released from any burden to pay for the attorney, and that Terri was not required to steal any of his money in order to pay.

Question answered, effectively.... in my opinion!!!

He said Terri Horman's lawyers could return to him, if they sought to extend the divorce delay.

This tells me, she was granted the 90 days, but if nothing changes before then, this judge will probably grant an extension if they request it. For this reason, I feel he's trying to get the DA to move forward. JMHO

I think the burden of proof is a little higher than the Defense attorney making a statement. MOO

I would like to throw this out there. I still think there is a possibility that Houze is doing this pro bono. Would it be legal to refer to himself/firm as a "third party?"

Further, Peter Bunch wrote in court filings today that a "third party or parties paid for Mr. Houze's attorney fees," and it was neither a gift to Terri Horman or a loan. Therefore, Bunch argues, the money is not a marital liability.

I take this to mean, it did not come from TH, period.

So, if Terri got the money by, let's say, making *advertiser censored* movies, or let's say, selling Kyron to a human trafficking ring, then the *advertiser censored* producer or child trafficker would be the ones who paid Houze.

I would think Houze would value his excellent reputation and career more than to accept payment from such despicable criminals.

So I think it's something legally innocuous. Houze isn't going down for nobody Terri Horman.

They're just being the good attorneys they are. Don't disclose anything unless you absolutely have to, no matter how innocuous it may appear, because sure as heck if you do, in all good faith, LE or the DA will find some kind of way to bring it up at some point and do a smackdown with it. And that, of course, works both ways, which is why LE isn't giving Houze any info.

I think the burden of proof is a little higher than the Defense attorney making a statement. MOO

I absolutely agree....but wouldn't you notice a deficit in your marital funds to the tune of $350K? Cuz, I think I would. It seems reasonable, then, to accept that someone, a third party, has paid Houze, and Terri was never in control of those funds. :)

The argument is that Kaine wants to know if it is marital assets. It has been asserted it is not, and a third party has provided the funds. Kaine got his answer. He doesn't deserve anything more than that he is released from any burden to pay for the attorney, and that Terri was not required to steal any of his money in order to pay.

Question answered, effectively.... in my opinion!!!

In my opinion, we learned today that Kaine is not concerned with "his money"...this was a tactic to aid LE in their investigation of the woman that LE told him tried to kill him and is most likely responsible for his son's disappearance.

I say. "Bravo!" Keep the pressure on! IMO, the most important people in this case are the most vulnerable ones...a small boy, missing now for months and his Baby sister.

So, if Terri got the money by, let's say, making *advertiser censored* movies, or let's say, selling Kyron to a human trafficking ring, then the *advertiser censored* producer or child trafficker would be the ones who paid Houze.

I would think Houze would value his excellent reputation and career more than to accept payment from such despicable criminals.

So I think it's something legally innocuous. Houze isn't going down for nobody Terri Horman.

They're just being the good attorneys they are. Don't disclose anything unless you absolutely have to, no matter how innocuous it may appear, because sure as heck if you do, in all good faith, LE or the DA will find some kind of way to bring it up at some point and do a smackdown with it. And that, of course, works both ways, which is why LE isn't giving Houze any info.

Good grief, I must not be making myself clear today. I am saying the exact opposite. I am answering those who said TH sold something to pay her attorneys. I am saying TH never GOT the money for doing anything. It went directly to Houze from a third party and I have ZERO idea who that is, because they haven't said.

....and yet, the judge ruled on behalf of Terri.

I would like to throw this out there. I still think there is a possibility that Houze is doing this pro bono. Would it be legal to refer to himself/firm as a "third party?"

Don't know the answer to your last question, but have heard that he loves to defend people who the majority believes to be guilty... Could be that the $$$ came from a family trust ? And therefore, an attorney administering such a trust would in effect be a " third party " ? Just some thoughts... MOO

All JMO

Good grief, I must not be making myself clear today. I am saying the exact opposite. I am answering those who said TH sold something to pay her attorneys. I am saying TH never GOT the money for doing anything. It went directly to Houze from a third party and I have ZERO idea who that is, because they haven't said.

I knew what you meant, Billylee. :blowkiss:

Your post just got me thinking, and I did it out loud lol.

Terri may be as innocent as snow. But suppose she is not.

Just let your mind go to any direction as to how she may have earned money....

Remember Desiree using the word "sickening"...

LE telling us they had seen things they wish they hadn't....

Desiree saying "Kyron saw it all."....

Add in the allegation that the Landscaper said he was offered a "substantial" sum of money by Terri to kill Kaine.

And now Terri will not or cannot explain in simple terms how she hired an expensive lawyer.

Terri...the unemployed housewife.

Maybe it is all just more bad luck for Terri...all coincidence...

But, just on the chance LE is on the right track, I commend Kaine for helping him.,..and I pray Baby K will be kept from Terri until all this is completely dispelled.

Baby K is real. So is or was that sweet little Kyron.

I just can't agree with...taking a chance with Baby K. to satisfy Terri.

Just can't.

As for attorneys not taking odious clients...some seem to relish high profile cases...being lead in some "dream team."

That would not be enough to let Terri take Baby K into a locked home alone with her. IMO

I absolutely agree....but wouldn't you notice a deficit in your marital funds to the tune of $350K? Cuz, I think I would. It seems reasonable, then, to accept that someone, a third party, has paid Houze, and Terri was never in control of those funds. :)

Well since Terri is going to be asking for support from Kaine, and division of marital assets, isn't it Kaine's business to know if Terri has been working outside the house, had somehow amassed this large sum of money by some means, or has a wealthy benefactor or bank account he never knew about?

I think he has a right to know.

Well since Terri is going to be asking for support from Kaine, and division of marital assets, isn't it Kaine's business to know if Terri has been working outside the house, had somehow amassed this large sum of money by some means, or has a wealthy benefactor or bank account he never knew about?

I think he has a right to know.

And her attorney was asked, and it was answered. I can't imagine that her attorney would knowingly lie in a court of law because it suited his purpose to continue obfuscating the matter.

BTW, the judge seems to really understand exactly what is going on here, and what a delicate balance it all is. I am fascinated.
<respectfully snipped>

Oh man, Gitana1!!! When you post a statement like that it makes me crazy with impatience! :crazy: I want to know and I want to know NOW! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeydipp37