2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'd like to know, Donjeta. Even though I understand the constitutional issues - it's been quite some time at this point. I wish we knew more of what was going on!

It seems hard to believe that Kaine could not go ahead with a divorce at this point, if he was pushing for it. I don't think the judge can hold it up forever if he is wanting it to move forward. Isn't there a time limit?

I just checked OJIN, and nothing has changed since last October. This is the last couple entries:

65 10/10/11 10/07/11 Order Stipulated
to abate case until March 31,
2012, at which time parties
shall appear to determine
whether a further abatement is
warranted
PET 1 Horman Kaine Andrew *
RSP 1 Horman Terri Lynn Moult
10/07/11 Signed
JUD 1 MEISENHEIMER KEITH
66 10/10/11 10/07/11 Stay of Proceedings
******** END OF DATA ********

Why would a Saturday be the legal date, anyway? Does that really make it today, or Monday, I wonder...

I just checked OJIN, and nothing has changed since last October. This is the last couple entries:

warranted

10/07/11 Signed
JUD 1 MEISENHEIMER KEITH

That link refers to the March 2011 hearing, not the March 2012 hearing. Sad that it has been going on for so long.

BBM: See above by Gwenabob.

Sorry, SurfieTX, but I don't understand why you keep posting the link to an article that was published January 11, 2011 and updated January 12, 2011, about the March 31, 2011, scheduled court date when this thread is about the March 2012 court date. There is a year's difference in the two court dates. I am the second person who has pointed that out to you.

I read Gwenabob's informative post about the March 2012 scheduled court date. I just don't see what is has to do with your link.

Wish we had some news about the hearing. Even better would be some news about Kyron.

warranted
10/07/11 Signed
JUD 1 MEISENHEIMER KEITH

The order was stipulated on 10/10/2011 for the March 31, 2012 court date. Ergo, the information from Jan. 2011 is valid. Regardless, it's April now, and it seems LE and Oregon have given up on Kyron, which is sad.

How odd that this hasn't been addressed? I wonder if another court date was set after that article and we missed it somehow? I sure can't find one!

Is it possible they negotiated a private meeting? But then it would have been part of the record Gwenabob can access. Even if it was canceled it should show as such on the court website, right?

....Regardless, it's April now, and it seems LE and Oregon have given up on Kyron, which is sad.

From the March 16, 2012 article:

"Kaine Horman set up tables at the Portland Roadster Show on Friday, pumped with enthusiasm over spreading the word about his missing son and energized after a new briefing by the lead detective in the case.

No one has been arrested in the disappearance of Kyron Horman, who was last seen at the age of 7 with his stepmother at Skyline School in June 2010. But Kaine Horman said several agencies are working leads on the case.

"There are still a lot of tips coming in," he said. "When we talk to detectives, they're adamant that we continue to do what we're doing" to push the investigation forward. ""

The order was stipulated on 10/10/2011 for the March 31, 2012 court date. Ergo, the information from Jan. 2011 is valid. Regardless, it's April now, and it seems LE and Oregon have given up on Kyron, which is sad.

Why does it seem Oregon have given up on Kyron? Or LE, for that matter, based on Kaine's recent comments? (see ami's post #52).

I am as incredibly frustrated as anyone about the lack of released information. I read and research about Kyron's case at least a little bit every single day. I live in Portland and keep putting the question forward to my elected representatives, media and my contacts in the DA's office & law enforcement (monthly to every other month depending on when I see them).

I wouldn't say at all that 'given up' is the way to describe it, but the silence is maddening. There must be more to the story than what we have imagined so far, or it would be resolved, right?

Why does it seem Oregon have given up on Kyron? Or LE, for that matter, based on Kaine's recent comments? (see ami's post #52).

I am as incredibly frustrated as anyone about the lack of released information. I read and research about Kyron's case at least a little bit every single day. I live in Portland and keep putting the question forward to my elected representatives, media and my contacts in the DA's office & law enforcement (monthly to every other month depending on when I see them).

I wouldn't say at all that 'given up' is the way to describe it, but the silence is maddening. There must be more to the story than what we have imagined so far, or it would be resolved, right?

BBM. I would hope. Because otherwise, it looks like shoddy work by the cops to me.

BBM. I would hope. Because otherwise, it looks like shoddy work by the cops to me.

Sometimes excellent work by the cops still doesn't give answers. If tips are still coming in and they're still following them up, so far i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they are facing the realities of so much time elapsed from the moment the crime happened.

Sometimes excellent work by the cops still doesn't give answers. If tips are still coming in and they're still following them up, so far i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they are facing the realities of so much time elapsed from the moment the crime happened.

That's very true. I really do think there's a lot more than what we're hearing. If there wasn't though, if what was in the media was all that LE found, I would have doubts though. While excellent work may not always provide answers, it does generally give us more info that what we in the public know.

Kaine just said in KGW live interview the abatement should be up at the end of June but "we're just going to let that slide". Not exactly sure what that means.

I believe in the other thread Gwen said it's been put off until something like Nov. 23rd and that she highly suspects that both sides will file for another six month extension. I think that sounds about par for the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther