2010.07.01 - Source: Terri Horman lied to investigators

Cell ping location accuracy depends on the amount of towers in the area and the type of antenna each tower has. There aren't any towers on Sauvie Island but there are a lot of them close by, especially east and southeast. The more towers they can use to locate her pings, the more it doesn't matter if there is an issue with any one of the towers. You can just use different groups of towers to re-check the location and throw out the outlier, like you would in any experiment. They could be very confident she was not where she said she was after she left the school that Friday.

Plus wasn't she witnessed driving on SI that morning? I have read that in several comments, just putting it out there as not confirmed at all.

I bet we will also learn she lied about leaving the school at 8:45. Major point in the timeline IMO

I think I would just admit to the lover rather than go around under suspicion of the disappearance/murder of a child.

I don't know - if she admits to a one, there's plenty of people who would pounce on that as proof she got rid of Kyron because he found out and was going to tell dad or any number of reasons.

t

"The reliable source also told KGW cell phone records showed Terri was not where had she said she was on the day Kyron disappeared."

Help!!! Where did Terri say she was that morning? TIA

Running errands,IIRC. Of course, TH would have been asked about her morning in depth by LE.And we don't know what errands,or where,but LE does,I bet.

If LE actually had proof that TH lied about her whereabouts with cell phone records that actually verified that, combined with 2 alleged failed poly's, LE would have her in custody, at the very least for obstruction. IMO, I think it's more likely the poly's were inconclusive - LE has suspicions and they're using the media to apply pressure hoping to extract a confession from her - but what if she isn't the real perp??

JMHO~

I believe the school and their home is close enough to ping at SI even if they are not there. From following anther case on WS I have learned that if certain towers are busy it can be bounced to another tower and so it may be that just because her pings might show as pinging on the island tower they can not say with any certainty that she was actually on the island and not just somewhat near. It seems thay can actually be quite a ways from a tower and still ping. I have to take the cell ping info on SI (if it is a fact) with a grain of salt.

I guess the proof would be if her cell phone had pinged off of Sauvie Island in the past, that would show a pattern of pings and the ping off of Sauvie Island would not be suspicious. If this was the only timed it pinged there then that would be something to look at.

If she was running errands wouldn't the stores have some sort of camera system that could confirm her story? also if she said she drove a certain route couldn't LE check gas station videos and other store videos to see if her car drove by, I'm sure the cameras in the parking lots also scan a part of the road. So maybe LE couldn't confirm her wherabouts.

Since I do sell camera systems, in general they are put up to the benefit of who is paying for them. One by the back door of a business, the cash register, a lowly lit store room, etc.

One variable to this are cameras put up by the city for traffic purposes or at public buildings and schools, etc. To catch someone on camera who is driving on a road is about as possible as it is probable the county or city or business has something particular to protect where they happen to be driving or parking. IMO

I think I have read that their were cameras on the in and out bridge on the island and that she was seen on the island so that is BETTER than cell phone pings. just sayin

If LE actually had proof that TH lied about her whereabouts with cell phone records that actually verified that, combined with 2 alleged failed poly's, LE would have her in custody, at the very least for obstruction. IMO, I think it's more likely the poly's were inconclusive - LE has suspicions and they're using the media to apply pressure hoping to extract a confession from her - but what if she isn't the real perp??

JMHO~
Hi, It also could be they are still working on the accomplice part of the crime if there was one. Possibly a male acc to the Astros.

Her perfect plan....foiled by a cell phone. Silly girl forgot to turn it off.

I think I have read that their were cameras on the in and out bridge on the island and that she was seen on the island so that is BETTER than cell phone pings. just sayin
I hadn't read that but do agree with you.

Plus wasn't she witnessed driving on SI that morning? I have read that in several comments, just putting it out there as not confirmed at all.

I bet we will also learn she lied about leaving the school at 8:45. Major point in the timeline IMO

Wow,she was seen out on Sauvie ? I didn't know that at all... Wonder who saw her,and if more than one person saw her. IIRC, I also read that she was in downtown Portland too ? One possible flaw for the prosecution could be the logistics,and also the limited amount of time TH would have had if she harmed Kyron, IMO. She posted on FB around 1pm ; wish I knew if it was done from her phone,or if she was at home on her computer at that time. ITA agree about the importance of the time she left the school...

All JMO

The more I read about this case, the more I think that the police knew more at the beginning of the investigation than they what us to know. That if fine by me, because I believe that they have a handle of the case and know who did this. I just hope they find him soon. It would seem that if you were caught red handed you would just come forward and tell the truth. It could be the difference between life in prison and the death penalty.

Other than the school, where did Terri say she was that morning? Anybody? tia

Wow,she was seen out on Sauvie ? I didn't know that at all... Wonder who saw her,and if more than one person saw her. IIRC, I also read that she was in downtown Portland too ? One possible flaw for the prosecution could be the logistics,and also the limited amount of time TH would have had if she harmed Kyron, IMO. She posted on FB around 1pm ; wish I knew if it was done from her phone,or if she was at home on her computer at that time. ITA agree about the importance of the time she left the school...

All JMO

WOW Liz, When you think about it so many things will come into play. I hadn't even thought yet about her posting from her cell phone !!! Ta

No reports of where Terri was, other than she dropped Kyron at school and had errands to run....

WOW Liz, When you think about it so many things will come into play. I hadn't even thought yet about her posting from her cell phone !!! Ta

Posting from her cell is a good option, posting from anywhere that has a computer - wi-fi access, or having someone else post and upload the picture from her account?

I think I would just admit to the lover rather than go around under suspicion of the disappearance/murder of a child.

then she'd have to produce the lover, something, imho, she couldn't do 'cause there ain't one.

No reports of where Terri was, other than she dropped Kyron at school and had errands to run....

Thank you, so how do they know she lied? Just from the cell phone pings?

I'm not ready to elevate cell phone pings to that of DNA evidence. Sort of like polygraphs - affected by many variables. moo

Other than the school, where did Terri say she was that morning? Anybody? tia
Hi
Eyes, I think we learned within the first few days she said she was running errands. It wasn't specific about what errands. Then the next thing we knew we were learning LE was stating what she said wasn't what they were learning.

Locals have said repeatedly that there are NO cameras on the only access on or off of the island. In addition, a poster on another site checked all cell phone companies in the area and said that NONE showed up as having any towers at all on the island. A local also said that they had biked, hiked, camped and spent much time on the island and have never seen a cell tower. Since I have no links handy.....please just consider this an opinion for now.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back