2010.08.16 Baez/Cheney Press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm, I'm still waiting to see why CM was supposed to be such a highly acclaimed lawyer. So far I have seen no evidence of it. Actually I've only seen the opposite!

I agree, Mosby. He presents well, and may have at one time been excellent, but IMHO his time has passed. It seems to me that his thinking is fuzzy and he does not seem well-prepared - unless he is reading from a prepared text. He just doesn't seem to be in command of the facts of the case, nor of his team's position.

Okay, I just went to youtube and watched several local Orlando news segments with or about Mark NeJame and they all pronounced it like Nancy Grace does as Knee James. Not sure why Baez can't say it correctly.

it's his way of being disrespectful.

I'm trying to figure out why these "self-aggrandizing media hounds" felt it necessary to call a press conferencer at all?????

I am seriously over of both of them.
I think they were just pi**ed that someone else put on a sideshow before they did. Also, everyone knew that the Judge probably was not pleased with them, and they were trying to make it look like a victory instead of getting sent to the woodshed.

None of them are being paid at the present time. JB, CM or BC......

Well from what I could get out of the press conference, the Judge's Order will remain the same, CM said that himself which I take it as meaning that JB removed his Motion so that there would be no hearing because if there was a hearing BC would have to be a witness for the SA since he disputed what was in JBs motion and JB did not want that to happen in court. The defense made it sound like they won something when they really did not because CM stated the Order would remain the same.

Ummm, I'm still waiting to see why CM was supposed to be such a highly acclaimed lawyer. So far I have seen no evidence of it. Actually I've only seen the opposite!

Allegedly, he's the master of reasonable doubt....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

TM said in his interview that they have 3 boxes of records. CM said they were only permitted to look at 2. iirc. JB is going to jump on that. imo

I'm betting it will go something like this...

1. I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU CHILDREN!!!
2. NO REALLY THIS IS IT!
3. THE DOCUMENTS WILL BE BROUGHT TO THE JUDGES CHAMBER
4. I WILL BE WATCHING AS YOU REVIEW THESE DOCUMENTS
5. ANY FURTHER NONSENSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
6. I WILL CAREFULLY BE WATCHING HOW YOU ACT, WHAT YOU DO, AND WHAT YOU SEEK TO DO AND WILL COME DOWN ON ANYONE SEEKING TO DEVIATE FROM MY ORDERS LIKE THE WRATH OF GOD HIMSELF!

DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!?!?!?!

Just my speculation, but JB's spin of "we will probably review it in this office" and "Now the defense will be treated fairly" rather clearly tells me that they have in fact been leashed and put under the judges direct supervision like a couple of naughty kids at nursery school. You can bet your bippy that HHJP is not in any way shape or form happy about any of this.

And a stupid question on my part. Did the judge know about BC's leaving the A's or his publicly stated reasons for doing so before this mornings meeting? Or did they basically occur at the same time?
I just could not snip any part of your post! Exactly what I thought too might have gone down.

To answer your question, HHJPs office no doubt informed him of the events that took place on NBC. Although BC had no standing in this case, JB directly lied about BC. HHJP would need to know. Whether it influenced the need for this in camera, probably not so much. Just added info for a JB.CM butt chewing.

I betcha JB had dropped him jaw to the ground when he received that phone call from HHJPs chambers to attend this meeting.

Well from what I could get out of the press conference, the Judge's Order will remain the same, CM said that himself which I take it as meaning that JB removed his Motion so that there would be no hearing because if there was a hearing BC would have to be a witness for the SA since he disputed what was in JBs motion and JB did not want that to happen in court. The defense made it sound like they won something when they really did not because CM stated the Order would remain the same.

But wasn't it MN's motion to remove? Remember the core of this is a bad faith complaint against JB and CM. I can't see any of this nonsense making MN any less likely to push a complaint about their behavior. After all he has no dog in the KC show. From his and his clients point of view he has no obligation to worry or care about appellate issues.

TM said in his interview that they have 3 boxes of records. CM said they were only permitted to look at 2. iirc. JB is going to jump on that. imo

I think TM said the one box is there in Texas and it is receipts for $108,000 (approx) that TE spent trying to find Caylee. He even said, but of course JB doesn't want to see that.

So shouldn't we see the docket updated if JB withdraws his motion I would think? And will we see something rom HHJP? Or, if the motion stays the same, then what was the point? I'm so confused!

A little OT, but has anybody on the defense "team" realized that a lot of the 4,000 searchers might actually live in FLA., and just might be called for jury duty? If it were me, I would be EXTREMELY PO'd....

The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding our Mr. Baez.
"His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law."

I could write a long blog, but this quote sums it up . They left the judge and called a press conference. They just never learn. They let out a few things they weren't to, and other times said we cannot answer that question because the judge sealed it. This reminds me of the office gossip who empties the bucket..every detail, then at the end of her story says, but Girlfriends....you didn't hear it here, you know I'm not one to gossip.

You just can't make this stuff up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgrGyR6EYbY[/ame]

A little OT, but has anybody on the defense "team" realized that a lot of the 4,000 searchers might actually live in FLA., and just might be called for jury duty? If it were me, I would be EXTREMELY PO'd....

If they searched I'm not sure they could serve. Have the ask the legals about this.

IIRC, Baez wasn't happy with just looking over the TES documents or just looking at the 32 who did attempt to search that area, he wanted the entire 4000 names. He also wanted to go in with a pad and pen, as he pointed out to the media. Baez wanted all the records but why??? Which is why TM is so pizzed off. This doesn't set a good precedence for future volunteers. If they feel their private information will get out due to locating a missing person which might become a criminal investigation, no one would volunteer. Seems like Baez wants to kill people's hearts and professions. I loathe him more and more for denying Caylee justice. He has a life to save??? What about Caylee's life taken way before her time??? How about Caylee, you SOB! :furious:

I only hope and pray, that you Baez will be disbarred. You shouldn't even help someone fight a traffic ticket, you are the lowest creature imaginable to deny justice to this precious child.

I keep hearing the title of Mickey Sherman's book (not that I've read it just heard it over and over on NG's show), 'HOW DO YOU DEFEND THOSE PEOPLE'!

Justice for Caylee

This is all about setting perceptions in the general public, and thus future Jury pool that the Defense is being treated unfairly, things are being hidden, things are being tampered with and, others are getting better access.

JB is creating a big stink to make the noise because everyone who does not follow this as closely as we do will be left with a sense that the Defense had to fight to gain access, to be treated fairly, etc, etc.

They can use this as the key foundation, together with conspiracy against ICA, ICA being framed, poor LE investigation, LE handling of RK discovery, forensic expert process and handling .... to attack everything and gain some sympathy that ICA is not getting a fair trial.

This all ties together and you need to not look at this specific epsiode but the impressions left .... that the Defense is not getting the access they need to investigate and defend. IMO.
But the jury will NOT be local. Is Baez traveling to all the possibilities and doing these transparent pressers? I hope the Judge slaps him down majorly.

IIRC, Baez wasn't happy with just looking over the TES documents or just looking at the 32 who did attempt to search that area, he wanted the entire 4000 names. He also wanted to go in with a pad and pen, as he pointed out to the media. Baez wanted all the records but why??? Which is why TM is so pizzed off. This doesn't set a good precedence for future volunteers. If they feel their private information will get out due to locating a missing person which might become a criminal investigation, no one would volunteer. Seems like Baez wants to kill people's hearts and professions. I loathe him more and more for denying Caylee justice. He has a life to save??? What about Caylee's life taken way before her time??? How about Caylee, you SOB! :furious:

I only hope and pray, that you Baez will be disbarred. You shouldn't even help someone fight a traffic ticket, you are the lowest creature imaginable to deny justice to this precious child.

I keep hearing the title of Mickey Sherman's book (not that I've read it just heard it over and over on NG's show), 'HOW DO YOU DEFEND THOSE PEOPLE'!

Justice for Caylee

The thank you button was not enough for this post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley