2011.01.14 Hearing: Jury Selection Expected To Be Main Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone answer WHY? What have I missed

I thought the Trial was still going to be at the Orange County court house?

That is what we were just discussing at home....what is that about, wondering if it means she will stay in the courthouse cells for the duration, does that happen? What did that mean. Or did he mean just move her to the jury selection location?

They better be NICE to Amy H...she's on their List as a Penalty Phase Witness

:banghead: it's been over 2 years and the defense has YET to depose AH? She was right there in Florida, then moved. I don't get it - she's a critical witness.

And did I read right -- ICA is going to be moved? where?

Thanks,

Mel

Are witnesses listed allowed to disclose they received their subpoena's to testify?

Defense already knows their client is not likeable because of what was found at the remains site. With her sitting there day, after day, after day there is no way they can keep KC from showing her true side and they know it. If SA agrees to a plea it may be their best choice if there is another arrest warrant looming for obstruction. jmo

ICA will be at the jury picking (secret location)

Not moving forever, just for the time being..(as they pick a jury)

That is what we were just discussing at home....what is that about, wondering if it means she will stay in the courthouse cells for the duration, does that happen? What did that mean. Or did he mean just move her to the jury selection location?

I thought it was Jury selection location, so she doesn't have to be moved every day?

If not, then she will be onsite in the courthouse for the trial and not get moved all of the time.

Wow, did HHJP just say he has already paid the non-refundable deposit on the hotel?

He so meant it when he said this trial date is coming and there will be no more delays!! HHJBP you :rocker: !

I have the utmost respect for this judge!! :great:

They're bringing a jury in from elsewhere but the trial is in Orlando. If ICA is allowed to be present for jury selection then she'll be housed in the county jail of wherever they end up selection the jury from is my understanding.

If a plea deal is in the works it is all about business and budgets ... why spend all of that taxpayer money and time if you can get a conviction. It isn't just about the cost of the Jury, it is the police presence, resources used ... a huge drain. It often makes sense to plea out for the SA.

HOWEVER, I don't see the SA offering anything less than LIFE and to ICA LIFE is as bad as the DP -- since the DP will likely be reduced to LIFE.

The issue I see is, the Defense have nothing to bargain with, the SA have a STRONG case and -- if there is no incentive ICA will just roll the dice in favor of the appeals.

With respect, if we don't have enough money in the budget to prosecute child killers then we need more money, not less trials... the only deal they should ethically be able to make is for LWOP, but often when we see 'plea deals' it amounts to a slap on the wrist.. and the next time you hear of them is when the criminal is out of jail, repeats the offense and is the featured story on Nancy Grace show.

That's my take on it also. Everyone will travel for jury selection but once the trial begins, they'll move the jury to Orange County.

If a plea deal is in the works it is all about business and budgets ... why spend all of that taxpayer money and time if you can get a conviction. It isn't just about the cost of the Jury, it is the police presence, resources used ... a huge drain. It often makes sense to plea out for the SA.

HOWEVER, I don't see the SA offering anything less than LIFE and to ICA LIFE is as bad as the DP -- since the DP will likely be reduced to LIFE.

The issue I see is, the Defense have nothing to bargain with, the SA have a STRONG case and -- if there is no incentive ICA will just roll the dice in favor of the appeals.

God, can you imagine being a fly on the wall watching Mason tell Casey it would be in her best interest to take a plea? Oh my - the reaction from Casey would be something to witness. lol

I just don't know if lunch in May should have come across as so important. As a citizen following their first case, I have to wonder what the ritual display I witnessed to day meant. I have to wonder, because like everything else in the adult world: the truth is elusive because the words and actions of both sides use veils.

Either I saw lunch being used as a ruse or I saw that when the system does something it does it systematically. Couldn't a memo or a email have gone out with instructions on lunch? I keep on hearing: tax payer money...just like you always hear with politics/D.C. style but again and again it seems it takes so long to get anything done because people are talkin' about lunch.

:twocents:

Can someone answer WHY? What have I missed

I thought the Trial was still going to be at the Orange County court house?

She will be present at the jury selection. In my experience this is another place where the defendant can sometimes get an epiphany and plea out.

I was called as a juror in a child abuse case, and by day two of jury selection they had ten of us chosen, of whom six had children, four were teachers and one was a retired school administrator. (I don't know why the defense atty wasn't using more challenges; it was apparent that we were going to be a tough jury for a dad accused of beating his six year old--so maybe the pros & def were in cahoots?)... anyway, right after they accepted juror 10, the defense atty asked to approach the judge, then everyone went behind closed doors, and fairly shortly we were thanked for our service, informed he had taken a plea, and dismissed.

ICA will be at the jury picking (secret location)

Not moving forever, just for the time being..(as they pick a jury)

Thanks- I was trying to figure out why she was moving anywhere?
She gets to sit in on Jury Selection?

They're bringing a jury in from elsewhere but the trial is in Orlando. If ICA is allowed to be present for jury selection then she'll be housed in the county jail of wherever they end up selection the jury from is my understanding.

I bet she won't like that. I get this vision in my head that she's quite happy and cozy where she's at. Now she has to start all over again (albeit only for awhile). Then she gets to move again when convicted ;)

MOOOOOOnly

Mel

Casey wouldn't want to miss jury selection. It'll be one of her last "day trips".

I bet she'll imagine she's going on a picnic, with her boys. Hope they deliver local jail lunches to her and not allow her boys to buy her lunch :)

Can't wait to watch the hearing again. I had a thought. Did JB and C scribble furiously as they usually do during hearings???

With major, huge , arms wide open, I love you thiiiiiiiis much , respect......
they are not discussing a plea deal. It is something far less sensational I trust.
MOO

Do we have the video of the hearing yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allisonvsmith