2011.01.25 Defense Requests More Time to Submit Expert Reports

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...to Assist in Exploring Mitigating Factors.pdf

So Anne finell already blew threw 2k in psychiatric funds for ICA. And wants more...
but .....doesn't say how much more. Why not?

And Baez's expert witnesses won't show up to Court for the hearings (march 2-3 and the frye hearings) and the defense needs loads of moola to set up a teleconferencing unit in the courtroom so that they may give their opinions..WTH?

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...to Assist in Exploring Mitigating Factors.pdf

Thanks to nums for getting these :)

TY, Nums...I'm now following you, I'm CayleesJustice at twitter..JMHO

Are you still going to attend this conference??? Are you there now??? :great:

Justice for Caylee

I'm waiting for friend to get here, I'll be on the way very soon.

So Anne finell already blew threw 2k in psychiatric funds for ICA. And wants more...

And Baez's expert witnesses won't show up to Court for the hearings (march 2-3 and the frye hearings) and the defense needs loads of moola to set up a teleconferencing unit in the courtroom so that they may give their opinions..WTH?

Yes! Thanks, Nums.
This is unreal to me. Oh, by the way, we need flippin wadges of taxpayer money for NEXT WEEK's hearing?!

Experts/witnesses? Who? I'm sorry, but a fair trial does not mean rolling out the red vizio carpet for folks who won't travel to appear. Are they kidding me?!

:floorlaugh: But he will say he was doing research for his client...........
**********Newsflash JB: Casey got the toother fixed!*******

Oh, and while I have your attention JB, please explain to KC that it is mistrial - not Miss Trial. (IE: 1. She can put the law books away. 2. She doesn't need to take notes. 3. Her last name is not Trial, Miss is a term of respect- thus N/A and the only miss in her future is on posting to FB..........and men............and once the jury sees that; her only hope of a miss will be a needle vs a lock.)

Okay, one more thing (LMAO) that ahhhhhhhhhhh moment will be more like an............
ahhhhhhhhh-haha-ha-ha moment. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: (note not ahhhhh-ha, but multiple ha's!)

Miss Trial :floorlaugh: That's hilarious.

It makes no sense to me that these experts don't want to appear at these important hearings to give their opinions? If they agreed to be expert witnesses for the defense, how can they refuse to come in to testify? I understand with technology that things can be done through other means than having to appear... but it is less than a week before the March 2nd-3rd hearings and they are just NOW requesting to have all this equipment brought in?

You know, all these other "regular" witnesses have had to take time out of their busy lives in order to come and do depositions and will have to take time out of their lives to come and testify at this trial... and people who are hired to (or who just jumped on this case for publicity) are unable to come to these very important hearings to testify? This makes me so mad!

It makes no sense to me that these experts don't want to appear at these important hearings to give their opinions? If they agreed to be expert witnesses for the defense, how can they refuse to come in to testify? I understand with technology that things can be done through other means than having to appear... but it is less than a week before the March 2nd-3rd hearings and they are just NOW requesting to have all this equipment brought in?

You know, all these other "regular" witnesses have had to take time out of their busy lives in order to come and do depositions and will have to take time out of their lives to come and testify at this trial... and people who are hired to (or who just jumped on this case for publicity) are unable to come to these very important hearings to testify? This makes me so mad!

It could also be a red herring. Perhaps defense knows they won't get JAC to fund this and this will be their way out, instead of having to fess up that they really have no expert witnesses.

I don't know what to think or who to blame,but a lot of high profile lawyers and experts signed on and have now jumped ship.
Is it the lack of money? Are they angry about the way JB handled the money or his questionable actions ? Is there simply no evidence that will help the defense? Have they all determined that being associated with this case is professional suicide?
Right now Ann Finnel might be the only person actually working for her client.

I don't know what to think or who to blame,but a lot of high profile lawyers and experts signed on and have now jumped ship.
Is it the lack of money? Are they angry about the way JB handled the money or his questionable actions ? Is there simply no evidence that will help the defense? Have they all determined that being associated with this case is professional suicide?
Right now Ann Finnel might be the only person actually working for her client.[/B]

Respectfully red by me: I completely agree. Out of this whole poopstorm, she is the one defense-side lawyer whom I can still respect. And in fact I feel bad for her, but think she is doing her best in a very very bad situation.

Does anyone know how long it will take to get that kind of equipment set up in the courtroom? If the hearing tomorrow addresses this issue, would Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday (I think Sunday would be out?) be enough time to get this equipment up and running for the hearings on Wednesday and Thursday?

re: the Motion for Additional Costs Related to the Engagement of a Confidential Mental Health Expert to Assist in Exploring Mitigating Factors

..on september 30/10, the defense requested $7500 cap for services by a licensed pyschiatrist or psychologist....

..on oct.29/10 the court approved $2500...

..the "confidential mental health expert" has already submitted approximately $2000 to the JAC...( and we ask for an additional $4500).

~ ~ ~ ~

-------------kc jail visits:

november 12/2010 dr.deborah day 2:30-4:00

november 17/2010 kyle goodwin 8:30-4:40

november 30/2010 dr.deborah day 10:46-11:50
november 30/2010 kyle goodwin 10:46-11:50

Dr. Deborah Day is a psychologist. According to Psychological Affiliates, Dr. Day received her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Florida Institute of Technology and is a Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, and Certified Family Mediator. Dr. Day is in private practice with Psychological Affiliates, Inc., of Winter Park, Florida. Her practice specialties include forensic psychology including divorce/parenting plan evaluations, collaborative law practice, Factitious Disorders (Munchausen By Proxy), child abuse, and criminal matters. She has testified regarding numerous psychological issues and presents professional workshops and seminars throughout the country.

Kyle Goodwin attended the same school as Dr. Day, Florida Institute of Technology, and co-authored an article with Dr. Day regarding assessment of psychological testings.

--------could dr.deborah day be the "confidential mental health expert" ??

Nums retweeted Kathy Reichs who is having "drinkies" with LKB. Nums, I'm foolllowwing you...

Unique Opportunity Update - My friend bailed on me for the AAFS show because we are expecting up to 9" of snow tonight.

I was sitting on the train, looking at wonderful Chicago rush hour traffic and realized that my car is parked on the street, (you're not allowed to park on the streets if more than 2" is expected) so I turned around and came back to work. Mission terminated for today.

I have not given up on this, my daughter will meet me tomorrow morning and I will be there. I am sorry for anyone disappointed, I am too.

Unique Opportunity Update - My friend bailed on me for the AAFS show because we are expecting up to 9" of snow tonight.

I was sitting on the train, looking at wonderful Chicago rush hour traffic and realized that my car is parked on the street, (you're not allowed to park on the streets if more than 2" is expected) so I turned around and came back to work. Mission terminated for today.

I have not given up on this, my daughter will meet me tomorrow morning and I will be there. I am sorry for anyone disappointed, I am too.

Thwarted by snow...drats!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick