2011.02.21: Hailey's Angel's Quit Searching(decision reversed 2011.2.22)

Unbelievable! What does she think missing person search groups do?

The searches I've been on were in fields and creek beds and along tree lines. I have yet to search a shopping mall.

The searches I've been on were in fields and creek beds and along tree lines. I have yet to search a shopping mall.

Exactly. And I have done a few one day searches and a couple of weekend searches. But I have never spent 8 weeks, day after day, looking for one child.
It would take an incredible sacrifice to do that. I would expect
a mother to be eternally grateful to anyone who would show so much concern and do so much to try and find a missing child. Guess not.

When I first read the article, I was thinking "IDIOT", then I realized BD got what she wanted, the locals quit searching for Hailey.

BD is one piece of work. People like her leave me speechless. "Ugly fields", "ugly creeks",,,really???? I mean, REALLY????? And of course she had to defend Shawn again.

Casey Anthony, Susan Smith, Elisa "Baker", Billie Dunn...... :banghead:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344756

I have now jumped over the fence, from innocent, to most likely involved. I wonder about her friend that posted often here in the beginning, and if she has also changed her opinion. I hope we will hear from her again.

Klasskids, etc. will be searching every Fri. and Sat.? Where?? Pretty fields and beautiful creeks? Malls?? Neighborhoods? Schools? They better not be looking for remains. That makes BD uneasy.

How many searchers are with these organizations?

Klasskids, etc. will be searching every Fri. and Sat.? Where?? Pretty fields and beautiful creeks? Malls?? Neighborhoods? Schools? They better not be looking for remains. That makes BD uneasy.

Just send them gas cards so they can keep coming.... LOL NOT !!!

I wish someone would have posed the question BJD: "Where would you like us to search dear"?

She didn't seem so bothered about the landfill now did she? My guess is Hailey's Angels is right on top of Hailey and need to go back!

MOO

Mel

Will they be expecting lunch? Donated water?? How do the locals feel about BD trashing the local search group? I'd want to know what Marc Klaas has told BD. What are they searching for?

I am sure they have handled their position professionaly. Hailey Angels is not a professional search team. They are not bound by professionalism to keep their personal feelings to themselves. The quote by FR says alot IMO
about the way she expected to be received.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344756

"We weren't appreciated for what we tried to do for them," said Radcliff.
I dont think MK is looking for appreciation.

That said they have spent alot of time doing a wonderful thing and I am not trying to sound like they dont deserved to be appreciated but it is not something she should expect from the person whos child she is searching for dead. IMO

I have to question why anyone would play an hour long video at a dinner.

I cannot imagine why anyone would play a ONE HOUR VIDEO at said dinner with Hailey's family (not just Billie) present that shows searchers scavenging through dirt, rocks, brush, debris for the remains of their child.

I cannot imagine how horrifying it would be for a parent to sit through that.

An hour of patting themselves on the back and Hailey's Angels feel they aren't appreciated? Obviously its not about Hailey since they are quitting their search.

I would prefer to hear the entire interview with Billie before passing judgment based on the snippets they showed.

"That said they have spent alot of time doing a wonderful thing and I am not trying to sound like they dont deserved to be appreciated but it is not something she should expect from the person whos child she is searching for dead. IMO"

Why not? Somebody has to do it. I do not blame Billie for not doing it, but she should be appreciative of VOLUNTEERS who put their own lives on hold to try and find her missing child. Why wouldn't she appreciate them and why shouldn't they expect some gratitude?

I have to question why anyone would play an hour long video at a dinner.

I cannot imagine why anyone would play a ONE HOUR VIDEO at said dinner with Hailey's family (not just Billie) present that shows searchers scavenging through dirt, rocks, brush, debris for the remains of their child.

I cannot imagine how horrifying it would be for a parent to sit through that.

An hour of patting themselves on the back and Hailey's Angels feel they aren't appreciated? Obviously its not about Hailey since they are quitting their search.

I would prefer to hear the entire interview with Billie before passing judgment based on the snippets they showed.

And I would prefer to hear more about the video before I decide it is 60 minutes of searchers 'scavenging' in the rocks. Billie said she did not like how Hailey's case was being presented. So it seems the video was about more than just searchers and debris. IMO

Why would you assume they were patting themselves on the back? It was an 'appreciation' dinner in honor of the volunteers. I volunteered at my kids schools for years. Appreciation dinners were a necessary evil. VIDEOS were routinely played through the dinner hour as a way of showing the cavalcade of volunteers who stepped up. I imagine this 'appreciation' video was much the same. Certainly, the fact they were searching for Hailey's remains is a pretty sensitive topic. Maybe the video WAS in poor taste--IDK--but Billie's comments are still way out of line IMO.

How do you put on an appreciation dinner, after eight solid weeks of searching by local volunteers, and not expect some pats on the back?

Billie has already made it very clear what her issues with the Hailey's Angels
search group is all about. She does not like to associate with people looking in ugly terrain for Hailey's remains. And she doesn't like that they think Shawn did something bad. Full stop.

That is not what I got from it. She said it was because the searchers were shown searching 'the dirty fields and dirty creeks' and it implied a dead body, so she was upset. She wants not to be associated with them because she wants them to be looking for a LIVE Hailey, in her words.
The crew member wanted to turn it off because Billie was upset, not because the video made her a target in any way.

And we heard from Billie herself what the problem was. She said NOTHING about the video making her a target. She said it was because the video showed them searching for a dead body and because this group 'thinks Shawn did something horrible to Hailey" and she thinks their goal is to prove that to her.

ETA= this is not the only reason they would want to give up their searching. It is probably just the straw that breaks the camels back.
She has NEVER been gracious towards them. And she has NEVER been thankful nor helpful in any way. So why would they want to keep looking for her child. Some of them have looked EVERY DAY FOR 8 WEEKS.

It does not say anywhere in that article why the crew member asked the video to be turned off. Perhaps Clint, the rest of the family or perhaps the entire room was offended by the video.

It does not say anywhere in that article why the crew member asked the video to be turned off. Perhaps Clint, the rest of the family or perhaps the entire room was offended by the video.

Maybe. Maybe the entire room was offended by the video of these VOLUNTEERS who searched for Hailey every day for 8 weeks. Maybe.

And I would prefer to hear more about the video before I decide it is 60 minutes of searchers 'scavenging' in the rocks. Billie said she did not like how Hailey's case was being presented. So it seems the video was about more than just searchers and debris. IMO

Why would you assume they were patting themselves on the back? It was an 'appreciation' dinner in honor of the volunteers. I volunteered at my kids schools for years. Appreciation dinners were a necessary evil. VIDEOS were routinely played through the dinner hour as a way of showing the cavalcade of volunteers who stepped up. I imagine this 'appreciation' video was much the same. Certainly, the fact they were searching for Hailey's remains is a pretty sensitive topic. Maybe the video WAS in poor taste--IDK--but Billie's comments are still way out of line IMO.

How do you put on an appreciation dinner, after eight solid weeks of searching by local volunteers, and not expect some pats on the back?

Billie has already made it very clear what her issues with the Hailey's Angels
search group is all about. She does not like to associate with people looking in ugly terrain for Hailey's remains. And she doesn't like that they think Shawn did something bad. Full stop.

If you are hoping your child is alive then even 5 minutes of people scavenging for remains is too much. Especially during dinner.

If you volunteer to do anything for a pat on the back you are doing it for the wrong reason.

Oh, for crying out loud! I suppose we will all be hearing about how once again we all chose to misunderstand what BD was saying.

If my child were missing I would be out there begging and pleading for people to search for her. There are no promises of "bring 'em back alive" in this sort of situation. I would not be biting the hand that feeds me.

"That said they have spent alot of time doing a wonderful thing and I am not trying to sound like they dont deserved to be appreciated but it is not something she should expect from the person whos child she is searching for dead. IMO"

Why not? Somebody has to do it. I do not blame Billie for not doing it, but she should be appreciative of VOLUNTEERS who put their own lives on hold to try and find her missing child. Why wouldn't she appreciate them and why shouldn't they expect some gratitude?

They Volunteered. They should not expect anything. There is no reward in searching for a childs body. It has to be done. They should not have made that statement about not being appreciated. Even if they felt that way.

The public appreciated them that should have been all the volunteers needed. Not to react like they did not think the mother was acting in a manner they dont feel is fitting for them. IMO. Billie had been thanking them for their effort until the video.

If you are hoping your child is alive then even 5 minutes of people scavenging for remains is too much. Especially during dinner.

If you volunteer to do anything for a pat on the back you are doing it for the wrong reason.

If I am HOPING my child is alive, then I would be ACTIVELY looking for her and following up leads.

I have searched for missing people before. I never once searched BECAUSE I wanted a pat on the back. But at the end of a long day of rocky trails and burrs and bug bites and sore muscles, a pat on the back from the family did not hurt. It was actually very appreciated and helped me decide to return the next day.

You seriously think Hailey's Angels have searched for 8 straight weeks because they hoped for a pat on the back???????????????

Unreal. While most parents of missing persons are BEGGING for people to help search, BD is shunning locals who have done more searching in a minute than.....IMO, she has done in total. Speaks volumes. Back to lurking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back