2011.03.02 Cindy Anthony's Testimony

Thank you ThinkTank for bringing that whole conversation to the board.

Note to Cindy - :seeya: - maybe you should stop "avoiding things like that" before we get to the actual trial...

Now things are getting interesting.

LDB did an excellent job of pointing out that CA said she heard Yuri interviewing KC and that he was at times intimidating but the real resolution to that will be listening to the tape itself.

Also, never knew that KC told Sgt. Hosey (sp?) that there was nothing wrong and Caylee was fine and that her mother was just making trouble, this after returning from pointing out Sawgrass as the last place she saw KC.

But what I like now is the fact that the truth is going to come out and the lies will be shown, not all of them, but a good portion, e.g. CA saying Yuri was intimidating. He could not have been nicer or more professional in the first interview.

There is going to be a penalty phase, imo. And if CA wants anyone to take her seriously, she should stop the lying now. The judge is listening to everything.

I would think the Anthony's attorney would be coaching them on how to present themselves in front of a jury. If they come across as lying and hostile during the guilt phase, the jury won't take anything they say during the penalty phase seriously.

I have to give her some credit. CA has come a looooooooooooong way from her out-of-control confrontational Morgan & Morgan "Cindy's Gone Wild" Days.

"go ahead Mr. Morgan, and be an a$$ on the thing"
:behind:
:giggle:

Im sure she was on at least 5 meds du jour this week but the relatively-calm-and-sedated-i-just-got-run-over-by-a-truck look is working for her. Her lies upon lies :liar: seemed somehow more palatable when she wasnt trying to ram them down someone's throat with her water bottle.
:furious:

Anger is a stage of grief, and she seems to have perhaps moved beyond it. So kudos to her for that, as that puts her miles ahead of *ahem* :dramaqueen: GA.

I think she's just a little more calculated. She's nothing if not pragmatic. (I think her main focus right now is getting permission to be in attendance at the trial). And if she has to bite her tongue at times to achieve that end, well gosh darn it, she will!

She didn't behave all that well during the hearing, it's just that compared to GA she was better. She was still uncooperative, hostile and unresponsive too much of the time.

Let's face it, if GA hadn't been called to the stand in that motions hearing we'd be all over her. At least I would. But GA was such a flamboyant trainwreck he pretty much stole her cameo.

Wouldn't ya know it, true to form Cindy brought up how hard this is for her when she didn't like the question that was asked of her. Her calling LDB Linda is Cindy's way of showing she doesn't respect her authority. During the trial I expect her to go back to her haven't eaten or slept in days comments. If she gets caught lying it's not lying because she hasn't eaten or slept, she is mistaken or misspoke. I know that's the game she's been playing this whole time but she better watch out now. The SA and LE have had their eye on the prize (Casey) it's gonna be a whole other thing after her conviction.

I think she's just a little more calculated. She's nothing if not pragmatic. (I think her main focus right now is getting permission to be in attendance at the trial). And if she has to bite her tongue at times to achieve that end, well gosh darn it, she will!

She didn't behave all that well during the hearing, it's just that compared to GA she was better. She was still uncooperative, hostile and unresponsive too much of the time.

Let's face it, if GA hadn't been called to the stand in that motions hearing we'd be all over her. At least I would. But GA was such a flamboyant trainwreck he pretty much stole her cameo.

ITA, She was a little less hostel her second time ariound during the hearing but you could tell she was trying so hard to think of answers that were in her eyes less than agreeable to LDB. The attitude remained aching to surface.:crazy:

This isn't exactly connected to the doc dump we are seeing today, although that hole CA is in is getting dug deeper for her....

Here's a question I'd like to hear LDB ask CA on the stand.

Mrs Anthony I am going to ask you some questions that require yes or no answers only.

When you called 911, we agree you said "It smells like a damn dead body......" agreed?

Ms. Anthony: well yes, but..

LDB: And we agree you attended a memorial for Caylee after you had her remains cremated? Yes?

Ms. Anthony - Well yes, but..

LDB: Thank you so your answer to both questions is yes.

LDB: So, the day you found the car you also found ICA. And as you have insisted it was not Caylee's decomp in the truck, just whose body did you think had been in there? Just what did you think ICA had been up to that made you clean the trunk and wash her pants, etc.?

ITA, She was a little less hostel her second time ariound during the hearing but you could tell she was trying so hard to think of answers that were in her eyes less than agreeable to LDB. The attitude remained aching to surface.:crazy:

I think CA doesn't want to be thrown out of the courtroom for contempt. She actually cares about being there and seeing Casey. I think George doesn't care. I kind of wonder if what Baez said to him was some kind of signal to keep up his actions so he will get thrown out at some point and not have to be on the stand anymore? I just don't think George cares at all about being in court, not when the SA keeps making a fool of him. Cindy, though, can't stand the thought of not being there and missing a chance to see Casey, which is why she wasn't as bad as George was the second time around, IMO. Same hate, different packaging. She probably thinks she can glare holes through LDB anyway.

I think CA doesn't want to be thrown out of the courtroom for contempt. She actually cares about being there and seeing Casey. I think George doesn't care. I kind of wonder if what Baez said to him was some kind of signal to keep up his actions so he will get thrown out at some point and not have to be on the stand anymore? I just don't think George cares at all about being in court, not when the SA keeps making a fool of him. Cindy, though, can't stand the thought of not being there and missing a chance to see Casey, which is why she wasn't as bad as George was the second time around, IMO. Same hate, different packaging. She probably thinks she can glare holes through LDB anyway.

ITA but I wonder if George really doesn't care, or is he so consumed by rage and poor impulse control that he ends up thwarting himself (if that makes sense.)

I feel very bad for the Anthonys, I can't help it. They are demented, damaged people.

Can someone please tell me if Casey has ever looked her parents in the eye and shared any unspoken communication? I know that she briefly got emotional when her mom took the stand, but did they lock eyes? Was Casey looking at her mother when she was leaving the stand, glaring at her?

She got all giddy and gushy and openly smiled at Lee when he went on, but what about her parents??

She continues to diss her parents, even to this day. Don't get me wrong, they have handled this whole situation horribly -- but I am completely dumbfounded over her complete lack of connection with her own parents. This is so much more than anger and bitterness -- it's a total disconnect. For me, it's one of the most unsettling aspects of watching this.

Bold mine

I think it demonstrates that she truly fits the mould of a sociopath.
She has no empathy for her parents. She feels no guilt, no responsibility for what they have endured or lost. Apart from losing a much loved grand-daughter under horrific circumstances, they have no jobs, are financially grifting from one paid interview to the next, they are figures of hate and derision. When she did the deal with ABC did it ever occur to her to give her parents a few bucks to meet their mortgage. The one time in her life she had money, the one time she had an opportunity to make amends. Noteably ofcourse neither did she spend one cent on trying to find her alledged kidnapped child.

These things might well keep another inmate up nights, but not this girl.

Remember, this is the same girl who was picking out videos.......................well, depending on your viewpoint you can fill in the blanks.

On a purely human level how can one not feel sorry for the Anthonys. I did and still try to but its harder to do when you revisit the things they have said and done and their motivation for doing these things. I just cannot condone the ease at which they were imo prepared to put Jesse, Amy, Riccardo in ICA's place. :no::no:

Going back and watching those Greta interviews with the A's it is so sad to watch CA grasping at possible scenarios and clues as to where Caylee was because KC would not tell the truth. It's as if CA believed KC was truly trying to help by lying and giving them false clues. Some of the excuses were really, really a stretch and it's hard to believe they bought into it. Almost 3 year later and they have yet to admit their daughter tried to make them appear as fools. jmo

I would think the Anthony's attorney would be coaching them on how to present themselves in front of a jury. If they come across as lying and hostile during the guilt phase, the jury won't take anything they say during the penalty phase seriously.
I think George and Cindy were counseled to dial it down a bit. Their attorney's can tell them 'till the cows come home, they are just incapable of doing so. After listening to their testimony, their counsel is probably left with Jack Nicholson's line running through mind, "What if this is as good as it gets?"

I agree. It was painfully, painfully obvious they had an agenda and weren't there to just answer questions truthfully.

Bold mine

I think it demonstrates that she truly fits the mould of a sociopath.
She has no empathy for her parents. She feels no guilt, no responsibility for what they have endured or lost. Apart from losing a much loved grand-daughter under horrific circumstances, they have no jobs, are financially grifting from one paid interview to the next, they are figures of hate and derision. When she did the deal with ABC did it ever occur to her to give her parents a few bucks to meet their mortgage. The one time in her life she had money, the one time she had an opportunity to make amends. Noteably ofcourse neither did she spend one cent on trying to find her alledged kidnapped child.

These things might well keep another inmate up nights, but not this girl.

Remember, this is the same girl who was picking out videos.......................well, depending on your viewpoint you can fill in the blanks.

On a purely human level how can one not feel sorry for the Anthonys. I did and still try to but its harder to do when you revisit the things they have said and done and their motivation for doing these things. I just cannot condone the ease at which they were imo prepared to put Jesse, Amy, Riccardo in ICA's place. :no::no:

That's a good point. She could have at least paid back some of the thousands of dollars she stole from them.

ICA share with her parents????

They negotiated their own deals...I'm still waiting for that movie/book deal to materialize but I have a feeling it won't get done until the verdict is reached. JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Sorry for the OT, but I want to know WHO SLIPPED ME THE KOOLAID???

I've been eating chili for 4 days! Seriously!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Sorry for the OT, but I want to know WHO SLIPPED ME THE KOOLAID???

I've been eating chili for 4 days! Seriously!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You ate chili withooooout us?

I have to give her some credit. CA has come a looooooooooooong way from her out-of-control confrontational Morgan & Morgan "Cindy's Gone Wild" Days.

"go ahead Mr. Morgan, and be an a$$ on the thing"
:behind:
:giggle:

Im sure she was on at least 5 meds du jour this week but the relatively-calm-and-sedated-i-just-got-run-over-by-a-truck look is working for her. Her lies upon lies :liar: seemed somehow more palatable when she wasnt trying to ram them down someone's throat with her water bottle.
:furious:

Anger is a stage of grief, and she seems to have perhaps moved beyond it. So kudos to her for that, as that puts her miles ahead of *ahem* :dramaqueen: GA.

I have a feeling that you are going to be sorry you gave Cindy Anthony any credit for her "cleaned up" behavior at these hearings. These hearings were very tame considering what they are going to be up against when this does go to trial. Cindy showed signs of anger and defiance and even had to be scolded by Judge Perry himself.

**I did notice that Judge Perry was not as nice to Cindy Anthony when scolding her... he was much more sympathetic towards George and even asked him if her wanted to take a minute.**

What was being discussed in these hearings had very little to do with anything but Casey's statements. Casey's lies. It had nothing to do with the actual murder of Caylee... which Cindy still believes Caylee is alive (yeah right!!)... which I do hope is brought up when they claim that it is a huge injustice that they are unable to sit in on the entire trial since they are the next of kin to the "victim." If Caylee is alive and is actually not a murdered child... they are not the "next of kin" to the "victim" in this case... because the "victim" in this case is a murdered child... Caylee Marie Anthony. I think that they really believe that the "next of kin" who is the "victim" in this case is Casey Marie Anthony and they feel they need to be there for her because she is the true victim.

Which makes you wonder... HEY CINDY :seeya:... What makes your daughter, Casey Anthony, so special that the Orange County Sheriffs Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the State Attorneys Office, and the Medical Examiner, would frame her? Out of all the people in Orlando, Florida (over a million) why would they pick a young mother in a middle class neighborhood to frame for murder? With all the undesirable people that live in Orlando, Florida (sex offenders, gang members, drug dealers, etc...) why would they pick Casey Anthony to frame? I'm sure, in your mind, you can convince yourself of a reasonable explanation for this, but to the rest of the world, it makes absolutely no sense!

I do not think that Cindy Anthony has changed one bit. I believe when push comes to shove... Cindy Anthony will show her true colors on that stand when it comes to trial. I've allowed this woman to suck me in time and time again and believe that she would do the right thing... that all ended when DC went out into those woods of Suburban Drive and Cindy lied in her State deposition about it.

That's a good point. She could have at least paid back some of the thousands of dollars she stole from them.

No, the money she got off the pictures of her beautiful "missing" child should have been added to the reward money to bring Caylee back home. The fact that she spent that money to pay for a defense and not contribute to the reward money to FIND the baby that could make all this go away, speaks volumes!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back