2011.03.11 Dr. Spitz Report Due Today

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a lack of insects on the tape go more to showing it was placed there before death? The sticky side of the tape was not exposed. My other thought is if at one time there were insects on the tape wouldn't the rain and standing water all that time wash off after the adhesive deteriorated? We've followed enough cases to know that the dna could have been destroyed by the elements.

So there is no proof this child died from homicide. Are they going to go with 'accidental' death and try and plead that Casey covered it up?

So there is no proof this child died from homicide. Are they going to go with 'accidental' death and try and plead that Casey covered it up?

Sounds like it - before CM signed on he spoke about the chances of that being what had happened. I guess the poor 'child' was SO scared of CA that she couldn't bring herself to tell her the truth. Instead she concocted the Nanny story thinking that would be more believable? Then she talked to CA frequently on the phone, but didn't tell her- still couldn't tell her about the accident when she knew LE were on their way, but commented to LA that they should have been called on her a long time ago. As far as CA is concerned aren't they all still looking for Caylee? ICA hasn't told her about the 'accident' yet..
BTW Mr Mason, she really looked terrified during that 31 days didn't she?

LOL. I can't wait for Joypath to see this. :great: :floorlaugh:

As to the medical condition....I had a baby born 2 months prematurely. She suffered from bowel issues, subsisted on TPN for almost 6 months and nearly died from sepsis. She spent 6 months in the hospital and still lost 8 inches of bowel which in a newborn is quite a lot.

So I can confirm from experience, the severity of a condition like this.

That said...perhaps this report was cobbled together in an effort to get JB to just leave him the he77 alone. Minimal effort to offer some shred of doubt...yet doubt is unreasonable.

Maybe so sleutherontheside.(sorry for typo)..LOL..But didnt ol Doc Spitzer examine those remains some time ago????? like maybe long before he had his recent illness?? Didnt he have notes and findings from that date?? Likely didnt have DNA results back then...Im sorry folks but after the Spector Trial I just cant look at his opinions as an expert quite the same :floorlaugh:..Books, or not, me thinks he SHOULD have retired years ago!! JMOO of course..but he showed me in the last trial I watched him in as a True Blue BOUGHT Witness..Shame these experts prostitute themselves in their declining years :banghead: So Sad indeed:twocents:

I imagine a brief telephone convo that went much like this.......

"Look Jose, give me a break here. I'm sick and recovering from major surgery. Just get one of your assistants to send me a rough draft and I'll have my girl put it on my letterhead."

Jose then gave that "easy" button sitting on his desk a good slap and chuckled.

about the bugs in the car... how can anyone reasonably think there should have been more bugs first of all the body had been removed after a few days there was a plethora of flies when the boot was opened, (oh and munching maggots, well according to daddyo) at the tow yard , there was a clean up as stated by the parents and if im not mistaken the boot was left opened when returned to hopespring drive so anything that was, or may have been there has either

A: flew away or B: washed away so of course there werent so may left in the trunk

"The skull was eggshell thickness without evidence of injury, pathological changes or deformity."

Wow, is that normal? Is a toddlers skull only the thickness of an eggshell?
And didn't Dr. G's report state that the skull had some sort of deformity?

So mostly, Spitz doesn't believe that the duct tape was actually on Caylee's face/mouth...etc (he mentions lack of bug evidence)...lack of Caylee's DNA on the tape...

He says that the mandible would have disarticulated during decomposition- true, but it was held in its correct anatomical location by duct tape.
He seems to have missed the point completely. Paging Joypath.......
There is no telling what position her skull might have been in during the 6 months she was there,dirt could accumulated at any time when swampy water was present. Fact is the skull was found upright with duct tape as described by Dr G. How does he account for the presence of duct tape? No suggestions?
Why would Dr G need to 'open the skull' - I realize it is normal protocol to open a skull to inspect it and the contents when you have a body attached to the skull, but in Caylee's case the skull was separated, all you had to do to look inside was to turn it upside down. I think he is grasping for a non-existent straw here, to point out that Dr G did not follow a procedural policy, when that policy was not necessary.

Wow. A whole 2 pages of nada. How much did Dr. Spitz get paid for this?
Whatever it was, nice ROI on that $2.99 rubber stamp he used to endorse it.
Luckily there will be a computer generated image at trial, of Caylee's skull, with duct tape, showing in detail how the duct tape was placed.

"The skull was eggshell thickness without evidence of injury, pathological changes or deformity."

Wow, is that normal? Is a toddlers skull only the thickness of an eggshell?
And didn't Dr. G's report state that the skull had some sort of deformity?

Yes, she noted sagittal synostosis, a premature closing of the sutures (the lines where the bones of the cranium meet).

It would seem to me that Dr Spitz's report contradicts the suspects statements to police. ICA clearly states that Caylee was taken from her by her long time nanny. Now here comes Dr Spitz saying there is no evidence that Caylee died at the hands of another... Well, it would seem if the child was kidnapped, and turned up deceased, the kidnappers would also likely be the perpetrators, yet Dr. Spitz seems to point in another direction. Does this indicate the defense will back away from the nanny story? Or are they just going to tell a bunch of different stories and hope some juror believes one of them? "Oh what tangled web we weave..."

If not homicide then what? Caylee is obviously dead so how did she come to be that way. Accident, suicide or disease? Process of elimination. The defense know that duct tape is the most incriminating piece of evidence that proves murder over an accident being covered up.

During the Laci Peterson case Robbi Ludwig (psychologist) was trying to make a point about the cause of Laci's death not being known making it difficult to prove murder. The examples she gave one being suicide was just ridiculous.

If the defense pulls the accident theory they damn site better be able to explain Casey's activities and behavior at a time she should have been frantic.

Yes, she noted sagittal synostosis, a premature closing of the sutures (the lines where the bones of the cranium meet).

Funny he never mentioned that. Maybe he forgot, it's been 2 years. That's a long time when you're over 60 years old. jmo

He says that the mandible would have disarticulated during decomposition- true, but it was held in its correct anatomical location by duct tape.
He seems to have missed the point completely. Paging Joypath.......
There is no telling what position her skull might have been in during the 6 months she was there,dirt could accumulated at any time when swampy water was present. Fact is the skull was found upright with duct tape as described by Dr G. How does he account for the presence of duct tape? No suggestions?
Why would Dr G need to 'open the skull' - I realize it is normal protocol to open a skull to inspect it and the contents when you have a body attached to the skull, but in Caylee's case the skull was separated, all you had to do to look inside was to turn it upside down. I think he is grasping for a non-existent straw here, to point out that Dr G did not follow a procedural policy, when that policy was not necessary.

I got the impression that he's indicating it could have come from the trashy site and stuck to her hair. I hope I don't have this wrong but I thought the tape went across her face and was stuck to both sides of her hair. I could understand his opinion more if it was only attached to one side.

I got the impression that he's indicating it could have come from the trashy site and stuck to her hair. I hope I don't have this wrong but I thought the tape went across her face and was stuck to both sides of her hair. I could understand his opinion more if it was only attached to one side.

And I think if you look at those duct tapes pieces there are impressions of her face on them. At least we all here seem to think we can see where her mouth was, ears, nose, etc. jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back