2011.03.11 Dr. Spitz Report Due Today

Yes, she noted sagittal synostosis, a premature closing of the sutures (the lines where the bones of the cranium meet).

You have to wonder if Caylee was seen regularly by pediatricians that they would not have discovered it. Don't they routinely measure their skull when they are infants?

I got the impression that he's indicating it could have come from the trashy site and stuck to her hair. I hope I don't have this wrong but I thought the tape went across her face and was stuck to both sides of her hair. I could understand his opinion more if it was only attached to one side.

No you have it right, the tape went across her mouth and nose area and was firmly attached to the scalp hair on both sides of her skull. Is he seriously going to suggest that it floated up from ? knows where and attached itself there? JA will make him a laughing stock.

LOL. I can't wait for Joypath to see this. :great: :floorlaugh:

Me too!

I am not scientific at all, but sure would like to know what string the good doctor expected the DNA to attach to.

Seems to me that at least in spots- the tape had to be double layered. The remaining string weave could have held like gauze. Ever try to rip that stuff? Seems it could hold the mandible in place to my non-scientific mind. :)seeya: Hey, JB -- my mind might be similar to a juror!) So, I am going with Dr. G!
strings1.jpg

strings2.jpg

I got the impression that he's indicating it could have come from the trashy site and stuck to her hair. I hope I don't have this wrong but I thought the tape went across her face and was stuck to both sides of her hair. I could understand his opinion more if it was only attached to one side.

I'm sure that when the jury sees the pictures that were taken before the tape was removed that it will be clear to them that the tape was placed on Caylee's face ~ not just several pieces that floated by in the water (!!!??) and happened to attach themselves in layers to a sweet toddler's face. :furious:

You have to wonder if Caylee was seen regularly by pediatricians that they would not have discovered it. Don't they routinely measure their skull when they are infants?

Someone might have noted it, but they are usually checking the anterior fontanelle, the large 'soft spot'; the degree of synostosis may not have been enough to draw their attention to it, she didn't have any obvious deformity that we could see in photos..

If not homicide then what? Caylee is obviously dead so how did she come to be that way. Accident, suicide or disease? Process of elimination. The defense know that duct tape is the most incriminating piece of evidence that proves murder over an accident being covered up.

During the Laci Peterson case Robbi Ludwig (psychologist) was trying to make a point about the cause of Laci's death not being known making it difficult to prove murder. The examples she gave one being suicide was just ridiculous.

If the defense pulls the accident theory they damn site better be able to explain Casey's activities and behavior at a time she should have been frantic.

[____________] <---------- my best silver platter for JB filled with the only thing he can say to explain his 'scientist' report...... So, Caylee took a laundry bag outta the container way up high in the garage (after she got a ladder and climbed it) then grabbed pawpa's duct tape and it took her 31 days to walk to the woods where realizing she was stuck in this world with CA and CA she proceeded to wrap duct tape around her face to frame mama --- yeah, good luck with that JB.

YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP --- but something tells me the defense might try!

If not homicide then what? Caylee is obviously dead so how did she come to be that way. Accident, suicide or disease? Process of elimination. The defense know that duct tape is the most incriminating piece of evidence that proves murder over an accident being covered up.

During the Laci Peterson case Robbi Ludwig (psychologist) was trying to make a point about the cause of Laci's death not being known making it difficult to prove murder. The examples she gave one being suicide was just ridiculous.

If the defense pulls the accident theory they damn site better be able to explain Casey's activities and behavior at a time she should have been frantic.

EXACTLY. They still have the BlockBuster video to deal with. If Caylee accidentally drown in the Anthony's pool that afternoon, and Casey was so freaked out she just stashed her away---how come she was seen cuddling and flirting and smiling with her bf JUST HOURS LATER in the video store?

No you have it right, the tape went across her mouth and nose area and was firmly attached to the scalp hair on both sides of her skull. Is he seriously going to suggest that it floated up from ? knows where and attached itself there? JA will make him a laughing stock.

I will relish that cross exam..but what really bothers me the most is WHY duct tape over Cayee's mouth (nose) to begin with?? You wouldnt do that to a living human being would you?..IIRC that this duct tape was found wrapped around the skull..which included the hair which was why it remained inplace...Why?? OH WHY would mommy put DUCT TAPE on her childs's mouth to begin with??..That is something that has always bothered me:sick:

Sorry Dr. Spitz..you're signature to this statement will get you SO CROSS examined!! on just HOW you came to such a conclusion :floorlaugh:..

No Child would wrap their face, head with Duct tape!!!! It's unfortunate that the FBI destroyed the "Heart Shaped Sticker" on that tape evidence :do

Me too!

I am not scientific at all, but sure would like to know what string the good doctor expected the DNA to attach to.

Seems to me that at least in spots- the tape had to be double layered. The remaining string weave could have held like gauze. Ever try to rip that stuff? Seems it could hold the mandible in place to my non-scientific mind. :)seeya: Hey, JB -- my mind might be similar to a juror!) So, I am going with Dr. G!
strings1.jpg

strings2.jpg

Great pics, ANJ. I wonder if Spitz had looked at the actual DT specimens at all?

So many problems with the cover letter/report/affidavit (whatever the correct term might be).

As others have noted:

1. No (skin) DNA found on the DT: well, there was barely anything left of the sticky, inward facing surface. And...so what? It was clearly attached to her hair as described by Dr. G and on the in-situ pictures as well as those taken at the lab.

2. No entomological specimens = the DT was not over any orifice. I just don't see what Spitz is thinking here. To me, it means just the opposite of what he claims.

3. The sediment on the left side of the skull. Well, hadn't there been a saline wash of the interior? That might explain matters.

And yet, minus the DT, Spitz has no way of explaining how the skull and mandible would roll to "an almost perfect anatomical position." Spitz says there is "no scientific information available that the death was at the hands of another." How bizarre.

^ all jmo

Yoo-hoo! Paging Joypath! :)

[____________] <---------- my best silver platter for JB filled with the only thing he can say to explain his 'scientist' report...... So, Caylee took a laundry bag outta the container way up high in the garage (after she got a ladder and climbed it) then grabbed pawpa's duct tape and it took her 31 days to walk to the woods where realizing she was stuck in this world with CA and CA she proceeded to wrap duct tape around her face to frame mama --- yeah, good luck with that JB.

YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP --- but something tells me the defense might try!

Hold it right there. There's no scientific evidence to say that Caylee didn't swipe the Sunbird car keys and drive herself over there. Oops. Don't tell Baez!

Someone might have noted it, but they are usually checking the anterior fontanelle, the large 'soft spot'; the degree of synostosis may not have been enough to draw their attention to it, she didn't have any obvious deformity that we could see in photos..

I believe in one of the last photos taken of her you can see Caylee's mouth is slightly off. Someone said she was showing signs.

But the point is Dr. G found it. If Dr. Spitz is going to be critical of Dr. G's report should he not have done a thorough job also. If you were looking for trauma would you not have noticed? If you are looking just to discredit would you not want to find everything the doctor did wrong in your eyes? But he missed that. Also if all the DNA reports were not in how can he say lack of DNA on the duct tape means it was not affixed to her face when there are no traces of Caylee DNA on anything that was on her body at the time, the pamper, the shorts, the shirt collar, none on the bag, etc.

Note, too. The doctor waited until the very last minute to write the letter.

Hold it right there. There's no scientific evidence to say that Caylee didn't swipe the Sunbird car keys and drive herself over there. Oops. Don't tell Baez!

So does this mean the squirrels were working the pedals????

I'd love to hear what Ashton has to ask Dr. Spitz. :)

If this was the best the doctor could do I don't think we will see him at trial. It's a letter, not really a report per se. So what would they do if Dr. Spitz was not well enough to make the trial?

So does this mean the squirrels were working the pedals????

The squirrels wanted to help, but they were already assigned to climb inside the wheel wells. :(

That's just my theory.

I apologize for these remarks--Spitz's report struck a nerve or two.

:twocents: okay, I :innocent: read it and my salient points of the report are:

SKULL: "no evidence of pathological changes or deformity" To which I :innocent: query as tested by WHAT methodologies: just his X-RAY eyes? (I'm :innocent: trying to be NICE here!)

Argue with the need to "open" the skull BUT will agree that standardized autopsy protocols WOULD demand that. Of course, that's MANDATORY when permission for or the need to perform a FULL BODY post and release the cerebral material (aka BRAIN!:crazy:) from the SKULL. IF I :innocent: had a disarticulated skull and a FULL autopsy suite with lots of "bells & whistles" like District Nine, I'd :innocent: utilize MY "education, training and experience" and evaluate it, opining under a reasonable degree of medical certainty what I observed!:seeya:

Disagree with the hypothesis re: sediment especially when he states one paragraph later that he was aware:waitasec: of the saline wash!

His challenge to Jan's statement re: 1. duct tape placement is predicated on HIS skull positioning based on the precipitated sediment. SO....:waitasec:challenge a statement with a THEORY, not FACT? :waitasec: WOBBLY, at best IMHO.
2. DNA results not present BUT he doesn't emote a "WHY" or even if one should expect then to be there!

3. Okay, he wants "bugs" from orifices but proceeds to explain that epithelial cells (skin) would be expected to adhere to the tape. :truce: (apples & oranges, mixed in one theorem!)

Overview: :waitasec: I question if he was aware of the environmental issue involved in this case given the statements above. I :innocent: am concerned if HE took tox samples but thrilled that he acknowledged that tox testing was negative for drugs. :woohoo:

Final thought: :maddening: Why was this written 3/10/11 when the post was performed 12/23-24/2008? :banghead: AND WHERE ARE HIS "BENCH NOTES" :floorlaugh:
(LKB will rue the day she "taught" folks about getting ALL the data!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:)

What I liked on his report was he said the bones had no remnants of any type of tape or glue residue. Well, gee...the tape was attached to Caylee's skin and hair. It was never stuck to the bones. I'm not a pathologist but I could figure that out and I bet the jury can too.

UNLESS he was trying to eliminate the possibility of the tape being placed after the disposal. Way to go, JB!

<respectfully snipped>

It may be fair to say there is no MEDICAL evidence proving the manner of Caylee's death due to the advanced decomposition/skeletonization of Caylee's remains by the time they were finally located.

However, there is plentiful CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence proving that Caylee was intentionally murdered by Casey. The discovery of Caylee's remains is just one of those many pieces of circumstantial evidence. Casey's May 2008 computer searches concerning chloroform, neck-breaking and household weapons, Casey's celebratory behavior after Caylee's "disappearance," Casey's failure to report Caylee "missing" (sheesh, why would she? Casey knew EXACTLY where Caylee was!) and Casey's extensive lies to law enforcement are all additional pieces of circumstantial evidence.

The defense team (and the Anthonys too) appear to be relying on the concept that each little piece of evidence, taken by itself, does not prove Casey's guilt, just like one single tree is not a forest. However, the jury will consider the totality of the circumstances and IMO they will see how the trees become a forest. (Cindy may continue "failing to see the forest for the trees" as the cliche goes.)

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

Maybe so sleutherontheside.(sorry for typo)..LOL..But didnt ol Doc Spitzer examine those remains some time ago????? like maybe long before he had his recent illness?? Didnt he have notes and findings from that date?? Likely didnt have DNA results back then...Im sorry folks but after the Spector Trial I just cant look at his opinions as an expert quite the same :floorlaugh:..Books, or not, me thinks he SHOULD have retired years ago!! JMOO of course..but he showed me in the last trial I watched him in as a True Blue BOUGHT Witness..Shame these experts prostitute themselves in their declining years :banghead: So Sad indeed:twocents:

His exam was done on Dec 23/24, 2008. No idea if he was already ill at that time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back