2011.05.04 - Day Eight of the Trial-Jury deliberates

Status
Not open for further replies.
WhoopWhoop!

@ChrisHayesTV
Chris Hayes
#colemantrial 1st Def witness appeared to backfire on Coleman. Handwriting expert appeared to bolster State witness & didn't exclude suspect

@Brpkelly
Brian Kelly
At #Colemantrial defense handwriting expert says he believes spray paint on walls was disguised. Admits it does not rule out Coleman.

W, I haven't seen pix of a madhouse either - I did go to the photo link yfrog.com but didn't see a madhouse. Maybe they just haven't posted them yet. We'll keep watching for them.

good thing CC paid all that money to his stellar defense team...1st the state owns them on their case and now the defense expert blows up in their face...CC should be having visions of lots of bars right now, b/c that is what he will be seeing for the rest of his pathetic life.

I can see I'm not going to get anything done today. ;) I just can't tear myself away. I really resented it when my doorbell rang a few minutes ago and it was my Schwan's man!! And all of you do a great job of posting, so if I stay off here a few hours, I won't miss anything that I can't read about. So why can't I just walk away from the laptop??? :waitasec:

good thing CC paid all that money to his stellar defense team...1st the state owns them on their case and now the defense expert blows up in their face...CC should be having visions of lots of bars right now, b/c that is what he will be seeing for the rest of his pathetic life.
Yeah, the kind of bars that don't have waitresses............

I can see I'm not going to get anything done today. ;) I just can't tear myself away. I really resented it when my doorbell rang a few minutes ago and it was my Schwan's man!! And all of you do a great job of posting, so if I stay off here a few hours, I won't miss anything that I can't read about. So why can't I just walk away from the laptop??? :waitasec:

I'm having that problem too whoknew! My husband keeps walking through the question shaking his head at me, lol. LMAO about resenting your Schwans Man!

Well,

I'm just hoping for brains in the jurors and a strong leader who "sees" the truth when they start deliberating and steers them wisely.

Disguise? Disguised handwriting? yeah, good one who said, "Yeah, Chris was trying to disguise HIS handwriting." He leaned on the keyboard with the threat letters but had no keyboard for the spray paint can! SHEESH!

PS. I can't tear myself away either. I was up all night working on a spreadsheet and couldn't find the time to get some sleep before the trial SO I've got the been up to long stupids. I guess I am also a little giddy thinking that CC could be found guilty today!

hopefully any future dunce who thinks he can off his family ala CC or Scott Peterson will think twice....

Live report on 11 news... "The first defense witness appeared to backfire on Coleman bigtime. Document examiner Steve McCaskin(sp?) who actually said he trained the states handwriting expert said he also found similarities between the known writing of CC and the spray painting on the wall. He was presumably brought up to exclude CC as writing those handwriting samples (did he mean spray paintings?) but he said he could not. In fact he said he believed the writing on the walls was disguised. He looked specifically at a D and an I that he said was very similar on the spray painted walls as to CCs hand writing. Defense Attorney Bill Margulis closed by saying Couldn't the writings on the wall be similar to all of us? The expert witness agreed. Then on cross examination Reitz said you can't eliminate CC as the writer of those spray painted walls and he said that's correct."

WOW! Did the defense not realize what their own expert was going to testify to? Seems he helped the prosecution, way more than he helped to try to save CC.

KSDK has more on the handwriting expert... but I found this interesting...

"Attorney Jack Carey, of Belleville, has been in the courtroom every day listening to the testimony in the trial. He represents Sheri Coleman's family who plans to refile a civil suit against Joyce Meyer Ministries, claiming the ministry should have recognized Coleman was a threat to his wife and two sons."

I know they dropped JMM from the original suit, but am THRILLED to see they plan on refiling. IMHO JMM & her son knew way more than they testified to, and IMO a bit of perjury occurred with the sons testimony. He knew CC was having and affair, he knew about the "threats"... wouldn't you put two & two together and figure out it was CC threatening the family after learning of the affair? Too coincidental! I wonder if that will be filed in IL, or MO because I'd LOVE to be on that Jury!

Let's hope that the jurors have been taking notes...like we have...

If you hear stuff toward the end, and it gets stuck in your brain, without notes you can forget really important things to dispute silly notions.

Oh Chris, Chris Hayes? Nick, Nick Pistor? Bill McClellan, Beth Hundsdorfer...

Reporters, could you PLEASE tell us what is going on with the Coleman family? Are they all smiles still?

Wrinkles, was that not sickening? What could you possibly have to be "remarkably cheerful" as Bill put it. I agree with him... "I have come to believe that the source of the cheerfulness is beyond my understanding". The Coleman's are beyond my understanding.

Wrinkles, was that not sickening? What could you possibly have to be "remarkably cheerful" as Bill put it. I agree with him... "I have come to believe that the source of the cheerfulness is beyond my understanding". The Coleman's are beyond my understanding.

they wont be remarkably cheerful tonight or tommorow morning, that is for sure....

Article, Nick Pistor 10:25AM

>>Steve McCassen, a former U.S. Postal Inspector, said the writing was so inconsistent that it would be impossible to compare it to Coleman's known writing. The writer intentionally disguised the writing style, he said.<<

So inconsistent...hmmm... Said Coleman always uses a capital form of the letter "e" -- the wall writings are always cursive.

You hooooo...Ever tried to spray paint a capital E? Especially when you are in a hurry...but interesting and you say it appeared disguised? Like whoever was writing didn't want their writing recognized?

>>Coleman's lawyers are expected to call a few witnesses and perhaps wrap up in time for closing arguments in the case to take place this afternoon.<<

Article Beth Hundsdorfer

>>Testimony on Day 8 of the Coleman triple murder trial opened with a former Illinois State Police document examiner, Steve McKasson. He testified that the spray-painted graffiti found in the Coleman home the morning of the murders was too inconsistent to determine who created it.

He said the writing was likely disguised. He said the slant and letter construction were disturbed, either because the writing was intentionally disguised or because of the medium.<<

So the slant and letter construction disturbed... Go figure, paint can, climbing stairs, trying to do house cleaning and decoration for the party after Gym... Get the kids and the wife ready for the party, put decorative sheets on the kids beds... Disturbed? Yeah...

He couldn't rule Chris out...and then...

>>He could not rule out Chris Coleman as the author.

Under re-direct from defense attorney Bill Margulis, McKasson said there were a lot of other people who could have written the message, too.<<

Forensic linguist Ronald Butters, Duke Uni to be called...

@ChrisHayesTV
Chris Hayes
#colemantrial Defense only calls 2 witnesses- handwriting & linguist experts. Coleman waived his right to testify.

KMOV.com
Breaking: Defense rests in the Chris Coleman murder trial after only a few hours of testimony. Closing arguments at 1 p.m., then the jury gets it.

1 handed, baby woke... that was quick! 2 witnesses only! Recording noon news, anything new i'll let you know. Bottle time.

Holy smokes... Did Butter testify?

Evidently ...
>>Defense rests after linguistic expert calls findings of state's expert "ridiculous" because there were so few samples.<<

How many do you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member