2011.05.04 - Day Eight of the Trial-Jury deliberates

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I wouldn't give to be in that courtroom for the prosecution's closing arguments!

Smooch that baby for me and remember the wonderful kinda football hold, baby face downward and toward/beside elbow, head hanging over the outer side of the arm so that they can oggle the world...little body laying tummy down on the inner smooth surface of the forearm , firm grip on the right leg with the thumb and first finger... Perfect burping, rocking (with the forearm) and tummy/hinder relief position... Not much good for typing though, you have to keep that little leg in hand so they don't try to slide away.

Please oh PLEASE Bill McClellan, are they "chipper? are they? are they?

I thought he was sort of like an opinion columnist for the PD and not a reporter. I'm surprised that he is there at all.

I also wonder if there were witnesses and who they were that the defense did not call.

republictimes: #colemantrial Sheri Coleman family intends to re-file wrongful death suit later this afternoon. Not on file yet. Press conference at 4 p.m.

Very weak defense-they did nothing to counter the prosecution other than the handwriting analysis-no computer expert etc. Which makes me think they have been conceding a guilty verdict since the start and will simply try to save CC's life.
-
Another interesting note-where was the gold's gym video footage? Surprised the state didnt show that unless it was no big deal.

Have you noticed there have not been pictures of the family lately? I want to SEE them - and I want to know what their reactions are. Have they been blown away by all the evidence they've seen - did they realize Chris was a pervert? Are they embarrassed or scared? How can they possibly think he is innocent? They can know he's guilty but still support him - that would include admitting that Chris isn't the person they thought he was and may have actually committed the murders. They don't have to come out and say he's guilty, but they need to stop the "Chris is innocent" rant.

Very weak defense-they did nothing to counter the prosecution other than the handwriting analysis-no computer expert etc. Which makes me think they have been conceding a guilty verdict since the start and will simply try to save CC's life.
-
Another interesting note-where was the gold's gym video footage? Surprised the state didnt show that unless it was no big deal.

Very weak! But they couldn't present that which they do not have. Maybe they are just hoping someone is on their side................ You've got to wonder if the family is thinking they paid way too much in attorney fees. Any of us could have done the job the attorneys did on this case!

I wonder if the attorney told Chris or his family that he knew Chris was guilty?

I would hope that his attorney tells him to expect a guilty verdict....

ChrisHayesTV Chris Hayes
#colemantrial civil suit filed against Chris Coleman.
5 minutes ago

Having recently discussed with an attorney while they considered a case, they asked, "So, what you are telling me, could this convince a jury?"

Brian...you wrote:
>>Which makes me think they have been conceding a guilty verdict since the start and will simply try to save CC's life.<<

I'm thinking that the defense had very little to work with, I'm thinking that you are correct. You recall at the beginning the focus with the jurors were "if you thought he killed his wife and kids, could you keep an open mind in discussion life in prison?"

It may be that they defense was afraid to work too hard. It might have meant tripping into or over something that somehow caused further hurt towards Sheri and the children. The jury does not typically take that well when there are such innocent victims -- sleeping victims. Perhaps the defense knew that to step much further would be to get the jury so hot that they would be sealing their minds against any talk of "life" in prison rather than death for someone who would slowly and for at least 15 minutes stand over people choking the life out of them slowly.

Antonio Romanucci, of Romanucci & Blandin, LLC, will join with co-counsel Jack C. Carey, of Law Office of Jack C. Carey, in filing the suit this afternoon. A press conference is scheduled for 4 p.m.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/257604/3/Sheri-Colemans-family-to-file-civil-suit

I'm kind of surprised they went ahead and filed and didn't wait for the 3 guilty verdicts to come down.

I believe I heard there was a deadline of today or tomorrow for them to refile.

I believe I heard there was a deadline of today or tomorrow for them to refile.

You are right... in Illinois it's only 2 years for wrongful death. I forgot, and I should have known that based on experience.

Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but now what? This has been passed to the jury for "deliberation?" When does court close.. or when should we expect to hear something?

The attorneys are presenting closing arguments - then the judge will give the jury instructions - then they will deliberate.
Wish we could get news from inside the courtroom!

Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but now what? This has been passed to the jury for "deliberation?" When does court close.. or when should we expect to hear something?

closing arguments which are likely done by now--court closes at 5pm, but it's up the judge as to whether the jury can deliberate beyond that time--if they are close, my guess is he'll let it continue-if they are not, he'll send them home and start up tomorrow am...

I would bet the defense will be lengthy in their closing - they couldn't call witnesses because they didn't have any that would help them. But they can harp on the "reasonable doubt" of every point the prosecution presented. Hence I suspect that is where they will "present their case". Sure wish we had info coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther