2011.05.13 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Five)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if they are up yet or not - they are usually posted in the Current News Thread once wftv post them, and sometimes Pattie G. has them up on youtube. But you should see the posts re hearings appear anytime now.

Thank you so much LG! I truly appreciate everything you do to contribute on here. WS is lucky to have you.... JMO

I think the decomp air smells in the can just may traumatize the jurors to the point they may get ill. I don't know if the judge will allow that or not, has that been decided yet? I have been fortunate enough never to experience that particular odor, but I heard it is something you will never forget and never again confuse it with anything else.

After these arduous days of jury selection I think we all need to chill out...

DIG IN EVERYONE!!!!

button_deluxe_sundaes.gif

http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-shops/sites/assets/images/catering/button_deluxe_sundaes.gif

ice-cream-bar.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-laJYFRajf-Q/TY-KXMMwZpI/AAAAAAAAAfc/pdJANRRPFts/s400/ice-cream-bar.jpg

:)
Danke.

Tweets for days 4 and 5 (yesterday and today) in PDF format. You can print this out and scribble your notes all over it lol.

http://casesignal.files.wordpress.c...ny-jury-selection-day-4-to-5-may-12-to-13.pdf

Also note in the lower right corner there's a button for making the print larger and easy to read. Great for us old folks.

ETA: You can also use your browser's Find function (usually Ctrl F) to search the document.

I got such mouse clickity in overdrive today, but I want to Thank all across the board for the great day again today! Think tomorrow I'll just pay attention here and forgo the live feed, get vertigo from listening sometimes, KWIM-lol.

So from what I gather....there IS no next round. They get to 12 they get sworn.<8 jurors and 4 alts?> That's cutting it WAY too close for an 8 week trial, IMO.

ok...at 4:45pm approx. HHJP said he was going to go profusely apologize to the waiting PJ's. Said he planned to go through X number of them, taking to approx. 11pm or midnight. CM had a hissy fit so HHJP bowed down and they agreed to do 6 more, only. HHJP went and told all but those 6 PJ's to go home. Then, slam, bam, pow! The PJ who said he would not consider age was axed. A man and a woman were let go because they won't get paid. A woman was x'd because of language barrier and general clueless-ness. A man was told bye because he decided he couldn't get past what he'd read and heard....I thought they would hear 2 more, but didn't happen.

Now, when a PJ is brought back to clarify something like if they will get paid, why can't they be weeded out at the beginning of the day??

They could if Mason would stop his *stuff* and AF would stop repeating the same old questions by rephrasing them. In my opinion, the DT is the ones who are "taking their time".

AF and JB also repeat what HHBP just told them. I pulled out a lot of hair today over that.
:crazy:

Yum that dessert buffet looks fab! Pass me a coke.....

I have had a thought all week about Caylee, and I just have to put it out there because it is weighing on my heart......My baby girl Lacie is six months younger than Caylee, almost to the day. Lacie came to us through the blessing of adoption, after we had been praying for a baby for a long time. She is the light of our lives, the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would lie down in front of a train to keep her safe. Hearing that Casey considered placing Caylee for adoption.....well I cannot help but think she could be somewhere with a family who thinks of her like I do my angel. She could have been treasured and a family could have been blessed with the miracle of her. It is almost more than I can bear to think about. How I wish she had been placed for adoption.:tears:

TV interviews no doubt.

Perhaps sailing with Geraldo..:loser:

I would absolutely LOVE it if JB appeared in an interview on TV....and that HHJP found out about it, and gave him a tongue-lashing regarding too much publicity to find a fair jury! No more of the defense bi!_hing about the media...finally JB would realize that the judge was on to him.

I also don't care if it takes them 2 months to seat their jury...let's just get it right so there are no appeals.

Note**Just jumping off your post only cuz you mentioned TV interviews...not jumping on you Tia! :)

They could if Mason would stop his *stuff* and AF would stop repeating the same old questions by rephrasing them. In my opinion, the DT is the ones who are "taking their time".

BBM...Amen! AF drones on & on & on & on. :deadhorse: Doesn't she know JP will do a splended job instructing the Jury when the get to the penalty phase? I just want to jump through my screen and screem, "Let's get this party moving, people!" :banghead: We have a murderer to convict!

Bless the HONORABLE JP he has the "Patience of Job"! :HHJP:

So from what I gather....there IS no next round. They get to 12 they get sworn.<8 jurors and 4 alts?> That's cutting it WAY too close for an 8 week trial, IMO.

I thought it was 12 jurors and 7/8 alternates???

So CM whined and got his way......

Well, not intentionally. They excused about 4 of the 5 jurors for cause that they planned on talking to tonight. And I think they are moving right along for a DP case. It could take weeks normally. Judge is pushing this along and not putting up with nonsense. jmo

Did anyone notice the potential juror who was asked by Baez about buying crime memorobelia on ebay? It seemed like Baez knew exactly what this potential juror bought. What do they look up people online or somewhere else? Maybe I didn't understand exactly something. Did anyone get the gist of all this?

Tweets for days 4 and 5 (yesterday and today) in PDF format. You can print this out and scribble your notes all over it lol.

http://casesignal.files.wordpress.c...ny-jury-selection-day-4-to-5-may-12-to-13.pdf

Also note in the lower right corner there's a button for making the print larger and easy to read. Great for us old folks.

ETA: You can also use your browser's Find function (usually Ctrl F) to search the document.

Thank you, and thanks for the enlargement tip, I am tired of carrying around a magnifying glass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74