2011.05.24 - What was the biggest shock on the first day of the trial?

What was the biggest shock of the first day of trial?

• That LDB gave the States opening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest shock for me is blaming George. We all heard about the possible sexual abuse before today, but not a cover-up by George.

I too was a little shaken when JB mentioned Kronk finding Caylee's body and then holding it somewhere and placing it off suburban.

I also think it was a MONUMENTAL mistake to bring up Dommick because he can just as easily be linked to his client since he worked for her. He could have found out the location from her just as easily as he could from any other source. I was very shocked JB even brought him up.

I think JB did a good job the first half of his opening (considering what he had to work with even if it was repulsive and disgusting to suggest) but he seemed to blame too many people for Casey's situation. I think he lost a lot of jurors today with trying to spread blame among everyone BUT Casey.

That defense theory goes right up there with the brown van full of hippies that took a very pregnant Laci Peterson.

The biggest shock for me was watching JB single handily insert the needle into Casey's arm! I can not believe he did not leave well enough alone and say it was an accident, Casey was scared, etc... Saying Roy Kronk hid Caylee's body is beyond crazy! No way a jury will believe that. I think they jury is already ready to deliberate!

He did just that Lola. Worst defense I have ever seen. Left with time over and asked to recall George because he kept getting overruled. WEll, this won't take long.

How would anyone know that LA "wanted" to follow in GA footsteps (if one were to assume this BS was true)?? Did LA tell this to somebody? Garbage. All of it.

I am thinking the SA will sleep well tonight. . . they have their ducks in a row and will tick off each and every allegation that JB made today with as many facts as they have available.

I voted 'other'. I knew the defense would probably offer up an accident theory. I also knew that the DT would probably make claims of abuse against George, and may even become graphic in their description -- however I DID NOT expect them to say that George was there when Caylee died, that he fished Caylee's dead body out of the pool, then helped discard the body. I was floored when I heard that one.

I was personally shocked that GA was not a part of the Defense ruse and did not take the 5th or deny the allegations in a manner that had dual meaning. GA came across strong as a loving caring parent and not an abuser and seemed to answer genuinely and honestly.

JB went after GA aggressively though, trying to set GA off balance and seek specific results. GA being GA wavered and played into JB's strategy to make himself look bad. However, I applaud GA for being as honest as he could and dealing with a lose-lose situ. He does not want ICA sentenced to DP and thus cannot throw her under the bus in retaliation but is maligned in the world media himself ... how worse can it get?

If the Jury does not buy this shocking but disjointed set of stories with many holes then it will badly backfire on ICA, turning them more harshly against her and maybe translating from LIFE to DP as a consequence.

If GA does not handle this well I could see a breakdown or a suicide risk (God forbid) ... which can be read both ways but the Defense is playing with fire. He cannot lash back at ICA because that can imply his guilt.

CA was left out of the Defense attack when a lot of the questions were both CA/GA and CA did not seem shaken ... as if she was in cahoots with the Defense to assinate GA. CA had on her professional secretary glasses look, like ICA when she was arrested after GJ.

I never expected George to fall on his sword, but then I never expected Baez to hand George such a big sword to use either. Just wow - what a day!!!!

:cow::cow::cow:

The biggest "SHOCK" today for me was when JB said in opening statements that GA had his "p****" in ICA's mouth when she was 8 years old" ... This statement made by JB still has me SHOCKED !

I mean really -- using the "p" word -- it was like a "SHOCK AND AWE" for me -- I was NOT EXPECTING THE P WORD !!

JB "LOST" TOTAL CREDIBILITY when he said that -- well what credibility he had left ! It was just a totally inappropriate statement to make at the onset of the Trial !

The DT has NOTHING - NOTHING AT ALL -- they are DESPARATE !

And Mr. Mason -- he ought to be ASHAMED of him too !

The second biggest "SHOCK" for me was George telling the TRUTH - FINALLY - on the stand ... you could tell it was very difficult for him to do. And Mr. Ashton handled George beautifully and with "class" and "dignity".

Finally ... an "Anthony" stood up for Justice for Caylee !

For me it was GA keeping his emotions in check while Baez was spouting his lies.

I voted other. I was shocked at JB's attempts to blame everyone and everything but aliens. Maybe he knew Kimster would zap him if he tried that.

I voted other. The biggest shock for me was that ICA could not control herself. IMO, she's a sociopath, but her narcissism certainly got the best of her when Dad took the stand. Everyone's threshold is different. George has a very high threshold. This morning was it for him. Everyone has a limit to what they will take.

He'll support her when he begs the jury to spare her life.

this is the biggest statement of the day and the most damning to the defense team imhoo. they acknowledge that Caylee died

1)there is no zanny defense
2)there is no caylee is still out there defense

they admit poor little caylee was dead on 16 June 2008

1)how they get there (HELLO BUS!!) seems to be willy nilly with defense

2)imhoo they will easily be shot down

3)their addmission that Caylee is dead is to their own defense detriment although not to most of ours because we knew this outcome early on

Bringing RK into this is a bit of a surprise also. I don't see the purpose of dragging RK into this so much. RK had nothing to do with either a murder or an accident.

My biggest shock today was when JB said Caylee drown in the pool! I so did not expect that because she could have told that story 3 years ago and pled down her whole case.
I kinda agree with this. It wasn't that I didn't expect it, I just didn't expect the "hey look, Caylee was never missing, she drowned in the pool" and the casualness of the statement.

For me it was GA keeping his emotions in check while Baez was spouting his lies.

And I couldn't see Cindy's face but I bet she was sitting there spitting nails. I'm not of fan of these two but I gotta hand it to them, it took a lot of courage to sit there and listen to all those accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname