2011.05.24 - What was the biggest shock on the first day of the trial?

What was the biggest shock of the first day of trial?

• That LDB gave the States opening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mere mention of RK. I had a suspicion that they would toss GA right under the bus but I thought we were done hearing about RK Geeeeeeeeeeez.

For me, it was the story that George knew that Caylee drowned and presumably hid the body.

This is why I just voted this as the biggest surprise of the day.
When JB said this, I wonder if he really realized what he was throwing away. He emptied the defense table with one statement...

"Caylee was never missing, she died on June 16" floored me.

Wag

The mere mention of RK. I had a suspicion that they would toss GA right under the bus but I thought we were done hearing about RK Geeeeeeeeeeez.

Baez spoke of the prosecution being desperate.Who do you think is desperate now?

The most shocking for me was the "Support for GA and CA" thread making such a 180 degree turnaround after Baez spoke and GA took the stand.

My biggest shock today was when JB said Caylee drown in the pool! I so did not expect that because she could have told that story 3 years ago and pled down her whole case.

No kidding!

She would have told the truth within five minutes of having handcuffs slapped on her rather that spend even five minutes in jail.

The pen*s in the mouth was just so graphic. It asks me to consider something that would have had more power as a subtle reasonable doubt. We had just heard about ICA's constant lies, and this just sounded like another one.

I absolutely believe Caylee died on June 16, 2008... that is the one truth to the entire opening statement IMHO. However she did not accidentally drown! Her mother put duct tape around her mouth to smother her or keep her quiet and threw her in the trunk so she could go on her date with Tony. ICA loves to weave some truth with all her lies, and the only truth was her dying on that date and she knows it.

IMO George was very truthful about not knowing Caylee died that day. She did not drown in that pool and he was not there when that happened, or we wouldn't be here today.

Years ago my boyfriends mother was watching her grandson and she fell asleep by the pool while watching him play and splash around with only his feet in the pool. She awoke sometime later to find him floating and the little boy was pulled from the pool and she refused to stop CPR until after the paramedics had to pull her off of him. He subsequently passed away and within weeks that pool was filled in with dirt, covered with cement and the house sold. She never moved back into that house after that day and I believe George would have acted the exact same way. MOO.

Accusing Roy Kronk of finding the body, keeping it for awhile, and then moving it. Seriously, wth?
And will they say Roy got Casey's Pontiac and drove it around too???

My biggest shock today was when JB said Caylee drown in the pool! I so did not expect that because she could have told that story 3 years ago and pled down her whole case.

If Caylee drowned in the pool on June 16 and at least GA and ICA knew and covered it up ... why did they proceed to search for a Live Caylee into December until Caylee was found? How did they hide this secret from CA who runs and rules the house?

Too many holes too outlandish a story to add RK in just to taint the crime scene.

So many things today. Hmm.... I'm kind of shocked that LDB, JA and FG didn't either wet their pants laughing, actually laugh out loud, or fall off of their chairs. At times, they all looked like they just could not believe what they were hearing.

Respectfully, I don't understand why so many people are shocked and bothered by the 'p' word. A 'p' is a 'p'... it's the anatomical/proper word for that 'part' -- It's not a 'dirty word'. Baez didn't use some nasty slang word, he used the word a doctor would call it. Why is that shocking and inappropriate? I'm not defending the DT, I just think the hoopla surrounding that particular word is uncalled for.

I have to admit, it was the P claim, but really the whole dang thing was absurd! The bombast and buffoonery was equally shocking. I wonder how long Jose practiced the mean George act. pfft

:loser:

The most shocking thing for me today was actually hearing them say Caylee drowned in the pool. After 3 years of denial and the nanny crap - I really did not ever expect her to admit she knew Caylee was dead.
The second shocking thing was to actually hear them utter those vile words of sexual abuse. I knew it was coming and yet I was still shocked to hear them say it.
Next....I couldn't believe the A's didn't blow a gasket when the defense made the allegations.
I was amused that they actually said George knew Caylee was dead. They left huge gaping holes in their defense story. Someone in the trial thread said earlier it was like the stew had too many ingredients. I think it would have been more believable if they had kept it simple. Claiming the accident but denying she had anything to do with the dead body, that GA was involved in the cover up and sexually abused her as a child and that RK hid the body for months was just all shockingly unbelievable, and by that I mean I didn't believe it.

I need a drink now.

What "truth" did GA finally tell? Seriously! I had to leave before it was over. Anything big? He was doing a lot of floundering when I last watched.

they banked a lot on admitting this ( and threw alot away for their chances)

***not that I want them to have any chances but still... they really did*****

My biggest shock of the day was when GA told the truth. I really thought he would take the fifth when asked about the sexual abuse. The claims in regards to sexual abuse was not a surprise to me. I'm sitting here right now, trying to figure out why the talking heads think opening statements by Baez were so brilliant.:waitasec:

Voted for other: my biggest shock was when SA Linda said F*CKING!!!

I missed Baez's opening statement, but I anticipated it to be a bunch of bunk! Have not caught the "his pen*s in [Casey's] mouth at age 8" yet (OMG)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname