2011.06.14 TRIAL Day Eighteen (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew JB would try to portray the tattoo as a tribute. But I had a thought here...

According to JB's opening statement, ICA was supposed to have so traumatized by the alleged sexual abuse and the accidental drowning of her child that she entered her alternate world where everything was perfect. Therefore, no need for a tribute if everything was a-okay. right?

Right...and her daughter was just with the fun-loving nanny. No need for tribute.....according to her lie.

CM - renewing motion for mistrial due to morphing video, heart shaped sticker, tattoo and FG trying to enter the issue of remorse.

JA - the tattoo contradicts the stated Defense (various versions of the Nanny story). Regarding remorse - Defense asked if it was appropriate to get a tattoo to remember loved ones who passed. State was just responding.

HHJBP - MOTION FOR MISTRIAL DENIED.

HHJBP - Housekeeping - State is asking for the Court to take judicial notice. Judge said to get cover sheet of the dictionary they are going to use. If the Court takes judicial notice, then the Court will give the meaning of that phrase.

JA - two items they will be formally moving into evidence - two cans from the spare tire cover.

Aside from that, he believes the State will be resting.

Defense will begin its Case in Chief on Thursday as they were unable to reschedule witnesses.

CM - prosecution needs to rest or not rest. The Defense will not be making any arguments until they rest.

Defendants will be prepared to make a judgement of acquittal and motion for directed verdict.

HHJBP to Defense - since we will be working on Saturday, do you want to stop at 1:00 or work longer? JB - possibly, if they have witnesses from out of town, but for scheduling purposes - 1:00.

LDB - can we believe the Defense will not be putting any witnesses on tomorrow? Also, can we have the cases the Defense is going to rely on. CM says they will get it in the morning.

HHJBP - the law is the law, the facts are the facts. He mentioned Soronno (sp).

HHJBP - Grief expert? JA - depo set for Saturday afternoon.

HHJBP - another case for your consideration "Dorband v. State" 2009 DCA decision - has some application to this case since it talks about issues - State put emphasis on the defendant's calm demeanor following a shooting.

Court in recess until 9:00 a.m.

Come on, you guys. What has the State done for some of you to have so little faith? Now we hear the dictionary for the translation of the tattoo is being contested, or whatever. State is waiting for permission to translate the tattoo. LOL, some of you, IMO, are working yourself into unnecessary frenzies.

It has been a long 3 years waiting for Caylee to have justice, I guess it's easy to get frazzled.

this thread is closing like now... So more on over to the sidebar... I will come back with a link

Why in the world is Casey so freaking happy? Does she know something we don't?

Wow they sure did get ICA out of there quickly. I love it.

So can the State ask for a "directed verdict"? I didn't get who does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member