2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Baez has never tried a capitol case, or is not a seasoned attorney, gives him NO reason to be babied now. He has seasoned attorney's by his side, there are no excuses.

If this case had anything to do with Casey Anthony's life, Baez would step aside and allow Mason first chair. IMHO
Baez chooses to be first chair because being death qualified is more important to him than Casey Anthony.

Agreed. Also JB wouldn't be able to stand giving up the spotlight.

6 and half. maybe

My attorney boss asked me this morning is why I asked. He just can't believe the stories I tell him that JB does. He thinks he will be facing the music after the trial is over and he says ineffective counsel however he doesn't realize she has 5 lawyers. I think CM has had it with JB as well and might just be setting him up for the big fall at this point. JMO

I hope JB has more than this next witness lined up for today, unless he plans on keeping her on the stand all day.

I think it's quite clear which of the teams are prepared for this trial.

Baez also said they had to "pick up" the witness. From the airport? Locally? They can't drive or take a taxi themselves?

i wonder if Baez is trying to establish a reputation that he is willing to take risks for his clients. Defendants might look for that in an attorney.

He will make a great jailhouse lawyer if he keeps getting contempt charges.

I will need a defense attorney real soon. I am about to shoot our postman.

He walks into the office today singing "Free Casey"

She is going to walk on appeal was the next thing he said.

aaarrrggghhhh. It's not funny to me.

(just kidding about shooting the postman)

Kent, I think it's more like Jose knows what he is doing and so far has gotten away with it.

I can't believe how indignant JB was during his speech, as if he cannot believe JA is treating him so poorly and all he does is work, work, work. JMO, JB didn't even start working until KC was declared indigent, and even then, he spent more time on TV than working the case...that's why he is going to lose it. He's worse than Geragos.

The reason jb is going to "lose" per say is due to his client is GUILTY!

Too bad the jury doesn't get a gander of it. They might find it amusing (I did). I've never thought of tying a shirt in the back to make my ta-ta's stand out. egads!

You think she was dressing for Fusion and not for the trial of her life.

MOO and all that.

Mel

My coffee is all over the computer screen. Thanks Mel.:floorlaugh:

Because I think HHJP is trying to be VERY careful not to give Baez the avenue of accusation that the JUDGE was BIASED in this case....

Prosecution HAS had its hand slapped (very minor in comparison) for a couple incidents involving evidence...one just the other day....
But I was disagreeing with Celt1997's post in this thread; not how HHJP runs his courtroom.

Judge should demand DT have more than one witness ready each day! This is nuts!

They are done for today??????????? WOW What a dysfuntional mess already. Good day to clean the house LOL!!!!

IS still doesn't seem to know court is done for the day...

Must. Have. Pity. On. Our. Awesome. Mods. And. Take. Slow. Deep. Breaths. Before posting again.

I'm gonna go scrub the hell out of something.

Was DT planning on just one witness per day? And maybe their one witness for today is not available?

Apparently court reporter went into jury room . . . wonder if that's normal???

wftv blog part said the jurors have to go back to the hotel. Oh my, I hope it is a hotel with activities.

Jose sure is making a name for himself, though I don't think he'd like to hear it. mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstrwberrys