2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall seeing any children in the birthday video either...that is sad.

It always struck me as odd that there has never been any mention of Caylee being in a pre-school program or play group at least a couple of days a week. This child seems to have spent all her time with adults and wasn't being "socialized" like other youngsters.

That said, Casey was slick to invent a nanny instead of telling her parents, brother Lee, or others that Caylee was in daycare because they could have easily found out the names/locations of such facilities, and Casey's lie would have been exposed long ago. jmo

White or black smoke?

What is that supposed to mean?

It's a reference to when the cardinals sit in the Vatican to "elect" a new pope. Each vote that the cardinals make is burned into a special stove and depending on if they have been able to vote in a new pope the smoke appears either black or white. White smoke means a new pope has been elected.

Originally posted by Litig8r...
The "shirt-back-knot" has been the in thing with the teeny-bopper crowd for a couple of years. When I was growing up (in the 80's) we did it in the front or on the side. It's commonly done with t-shirts--I've never seen it done with a sweater. I think it's just another example of ICA demonstrating how immature she is. Seriously, who would care about appearing to be on-trend while on trial for your child's murder?!

I know what you mean about her trying to look good. Doesn't she know that she couldn't look worse? Unless, you are some serial killer, like Charles Manson. Like any of us could possibly care what she looks like. For punishment, the court should have someone messing up her hair, and pulling at her clothes so that they are wrinkled and sloppy. Oh, maybe it'll happen, when she is finally taken down to hell, with the rest of the devils. Sorry, I just had to vent. I do not like her one bit.

Interesting that you mention that Caylee would have had friends...just last week, upon viewing all the photos I could find of Caylee, I saw nary a single picture of her with any other children. That, in an of itself, is heart breaking.

I've thought the same thing a number of times. It is sad, little kids should have friends. Thats hard to do though when the only thing your mom thinks about is herself.

Hmmmm, have you been causing trouble, Mock Juror? Is this about YOU? LOL. I wouldn't put it past the defense to read here and get upset that there's a mock juror.

BBM
DT shouldn't be upset. They've got a mock lawyer! :crazy:

I have to admit that I am totally confused with this whole fiasco this morning.. BUT I am sure glad I have all y'all to be confused right along with me...

I've been thinking, if this case were to go into mistrial, wouldn't it be fair to assume that Casey Anthony would have NO chances in getting a fair jury after all this media coverage? I imagine the media coverage is as heavy now, if not more than it was before, never mind all the evidence that has been put forward thus far and the outlandish OS by the defense that has prompted more people to log on to the internet and do research.

Surely, the defense team does Not want a mistrial right? Where would they find a jury? Can they poll the residents of timbuktoo to find out how bad the media coverage is?

IS discussion on Dr. Spitz's testimony---they said he said he thought the babysitter took Caylee? What?

:eek:

What's she going to say, that she always had suspicions about GA or something?

(Man, I'm NOT going to start speculating. No siree.)

No, I only mentioned her name because she was the only elderly lady I could think of. Didn't mean to start any more speculation than there already is. Someone mentioned that Dr. Bock (sp) was there also. Don't know who that is or what they look like.

This is really hurting my brain. Going to go to the grocery store and make an attempt at what used to be a normal day in the life. Having a hard time remembering what that is anymore.

Happy sleuthing all. Please have it all figured out when I get back later!!! Anybody need anything at the store?

Anyone catch Jane on IS telling story of a man being read the riot act by a deputy....something like "told you time and time again and you are now out of courthouse" sort of thing?

there was a tweet earlier that this was about the man using his phone

RR
from Florida...steaming Mad and Apologizing to our Visiting Viewers as this is Not The Norm!!!

I think those of us not from FL should try to vacation there and give back to their economy . We can all wear Caylee /WS T-shirts so we recognize each other :seeya:
:mickey: :sunshine: :cool2: :parrot: :rollercoaster:

Maybe JB is requesting to be removed once again, this time admitting he is in over his head and cannot provide a defense for his client...I would think that the judge would have to at least consider it, if a lawyer actually admitted to being incompetent, just for the record, anyway...

What is that supposed to mean?

That was in reference to HHBP must be so angry there was smoke escaping the court house - looking like when the smoke rises during the chosing of a new Pope....the color of the smoke emitting was to signal the people whether a choice had been made as to new Pope.

Bill S commented about NOT having the judge call a mistrial for the state. It MIGHT be interpreted by the appeal court as double jeopardy for the defendant and therefore, she would walk. Bill S a few minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc