2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they made a deal with Cindy .. if she lies about the computer searches and the stain in the trunk.. then the DT won't bring up pool drowning, sexual abuse? Or maybe Cindy and George have been going along with the DT the whole time.

I'm in Canada and the general public is allowed into every courtroom. The difference is we don't have access to all the evidence prior to trial and most trials aren't televised and there are often media bans on salacious details but trials are open to the public so we can indeed see justice at work.

In Ontario, Media Blackout, constantly on most cases, that are controversial......always. It has been noted by many people that have followed a murder case the lack of information from both le and the judictial process.

imo

I don't think she was their first witness because I think this is all new. I think Cindy just agreed to do this within the past couple of days. Casey has been so cold and hateful acting towards her mother while she was previously on the stand. And today was a complete change. She looked at CA more "thoughtfully" and shook her head no when LDB asked her something stearnly in cross. I really think Cindy just agreed to this recently to save her daughter form death row.

I am wondering if someone didn't call her and say look your daughter is going to get the needle if you don't help us out. BAM

But when she first got on the stand I watched ICA she would not even look her way until she started taking the downfall for the searches. Then ICA starts looking her way.

CA also lied about the stain in the car. When Baez asked about the stain in the car when they bought it and she said YES and then qualified it by saying there were some small stains in the car. Well small stains in the car do not equal that large child size stain.

I'm way behind today as the threads here are moving too fast and my computer is running slow due to a anti-virus scan. But I wanted to jump in here to say that I'm still reeling from CA's testimony today!

CA was clearly committing perjury today in an effort to save KC from being found guilty. I do not feel that CA is trying to save KC from the death penalty............I think CA is trying to save KC from any sort of punishment at all! She won't be satisfied until KC is acquitted.

I'm angry at myself for feeling sympathetic towards CA and GA. It's happened before, and every time I've felt sympathy for either of them, they've turned around and done something to show that my sympathy was misplaced.

I remember feeling sympathy for them in December 2008, and then they went on the Larry King Live program the night before Caylee's remains were found and lied. The next day, while forensic investigators with the OCSO toiled in the mud trying to find all of Caylee's remains, the Anthonys were dining on crab puffs at the Ritz with reps from ABC, JB, DC, JH, and others. :banghead:

I'm confident, however, that the state will expose CA. We know that GA and CA used Internet Explorer as their browser, while KC used FireFox. Those searches were done on FireFox. We know that in addition to work records, the state has phone records and will be able to determine if CA was at work or at home on the dates and times of those searches using cell phone pings.

As for the stain on the trunk liner...........didn't George testify that he noticed the stain for the first time when he picked up the car at the impound yard on July 15, 2008? Or am I remembering that from a depo?

I wonder if they made a deal with Cindy .. if she lies about the computer searches and the stain in the trunk.. then the DT won't bring up pool drowning, sexual abuse? Or maybe Cindy and George have been going along with the DT the whole time.

I think they have been going along with DT from the start!!

Please don't flame me, but I am preparing myself - I don't think we are going to get a verdict against KC that we will be happy with. There is just too much lying and deceit here - from the family and the hired experts.

Today saddened me so much . . . and the worst thing? I don't think KC will have learned a thing if she walks. In my opinion she will just have graduated into a bigger and better version of her original self. Remember her entry on her MySpace - outwit, outlast, outplay. She will continue to believe she can outsmart anyone.

And it boggles my mind - what in the world do the Anthonys think they are going to do with her if she gets out? Hi ya, honey. Let me make your favorite meal of salmon patties and peas??!!

Listening to her testimony again, Cindy says; "After the email (some email she claims being sent by a coworker about hand sanitizer and little ones ingesting it as far as it's alcohol content) and because Caylee was small I looked up things we had in the home. I looked up alcohol, acetone, peroxide. We used to paint Caylee's nails she was exposed to acetone..."

You heard it from Cindy, they had the ingredients to make chloroform in the home.

As an experienced mother, I wouldn't ever need to look up those items to know that they could be harmful to children.

^ ^ BRAVO! Such a simple and yet profound truth!

I'm getting to the point where I don't care whether she's convicted or not because in the end, they are all going to get what they deserve.

I agree with you on that one she will probably be safer in Jail!

I admire your country's openness and willingness to allow its citizens to see justice at work, it isn't perfect, its sometimes frustrating but, unlike my country CANADA, whose system is conducted behind closed doors, and the general population not encouraged to worry their little heads over. Its wonderfully refreshing, and Florida especially is enlightening because of its sunshine laws. All people have the right to see justice being served. U.S.A's openness as applied to the law, should be adopted in every country.

I too like Florida's sunshine laws, but lets be clear, Canada's court system is NOT conducted behind closed doors. Its held in public courthouses where the public is allowed in to observe. The difference is, its not televised.

...I thought so, too.
Now go back and remember Casey's reaction to her mother's testimony at the beginning of the trial. IMHO...we've been set up from the getgo.
If George wants the world to believe he molested his daughter, so be it.

All to save is evil murderer of a daughter!!!:banghead:

If I am George, I'm a little nervous right now! Will she throw him under the bus?? What is she going to say next?

I don't think for one minute that George won't do the same thing as CA if given the opportunity. I realize the rift between ICA and CA is huge and CA is doing everything she can to save her daughter's life, but I think GA will do the same thing. It's absolutely exhausting

Please don't flame me, but I am preparing myself - I don't think we are going to get a verdict against KC that we will be happy with. There is just too much lying and deceit here - from the family and the hired experts.

Today saddened me so much . . . and the worst thing? I don't think KC will have learned a thing if she walks. In my opinion she will just have graduated into a bigger and better version of her original self. Remember her entry on her MySpace - outwit, outlast, outplay. She will continue to believe she can outsmart anyone.

And it boggles my mind - what in the world do the Anthonys think they are going to do with her if she gets out? Hi ya, honey. Let me make your favorite meal of salmon patties and peas??!!

Not only that it tells us

LOOK what we can get away with by LYING!!!!!

How sick is that?

Evil is as evil does. Win or lose we know in our hearts that a sweet little Caylee Marie deserved better than this.

I hope if GA says he molested her, they slap the cuff on him before he is out of the courtroom. Even if he isn't guilty of it, he admitted it so lets put him in the clink for a while.

I don't think he'll admit to the molestation but he's sure as heck going to permit it to be thrown at him in order to save Casey. He'll just deny it so there is no legal repurcussion to him ... but if the jury buys it and it saves his precious daughter, that's fine with him.

I've always wondered how he sat through Baez's opening without a trace of emotion washing over his face ... not even a clenched jaw ... and now it all makes sense: they've been in on this since the beginning.

They're fortunate that the jury isn't from the Orlando area .... locals are well aware of their propensity for dishonesty on behalf of their offspring -- this jury may not be.

OK. March 17th is St. Patricks Day. This fact alone would trigger IMO some memories of co-workers, etc. At least at places I've worked (and I'm an RN) such holidays usually generate employee participation in "wearing green" etc. The Anthony's have an Irish connection, right? Irish people in my extended family make corned beef, etc. Did she or didn't she leave work early? Do co-workers remember her being there? Why can't SA investigate co-workers and their recollection of that day (in addition to computer records)?

What a sickening afternoon. First, CA makes it clear she is continuing to cover up and even lie under oath for her daughter. Then, a problem with the computer report is shown. (My calculation is: 31 (days in January), plus 29 (days in February 2008), plus 23 days (March 23) =83.

I thought when the IT consultant testified in the state's case, that he hesitated when testifying about the number of times the chloroform site was visited and/or refreshed times and he had a funny expression when he said "84." I can't remember if he was first asked what the 84 on the report represented by the DT or if the DT asked how many times the site was accessed/refreshed. I remember being surprised, too, by that high a number. "

I'm in travel mode tomorrow and Monday so I'll be checking in here whenever possible to get updates. I do wish this trial could be a true and honest search for the truth.

OK - so this is a big deal (or could be)...but one way or another they will get to the bottom of it - either by the writer of the software, the person who testified 84 times, etc. Also - whoever searched for these things did it on these dates and times with both reports 20 seconds apart....the work dates, cell pings, employer records, someone from HR or supervisor @ Gentiva will all be brought in if that is how they want to play....but I bet HHBP is going to tell the DT to be sure and talk to all of their witnesses and make sure they really want to call them to the stand and furthermore - make sure you want to ask that question before you open your mouth - trial by ambush and defense ignorance do not bode lightly for anyone (IMO)

Everything I am reading/hearing, no one is really believing Cindy, so I am betting most jurors don't either. They are smart enough to know she would lie for her daughter,

What would be justice for Caylee is for Cindy to be charged with perjury, and Casey charged with murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname