2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accidentally drinking small amounts of acetone/nail polish remover is unlikely to harm you as an adult. However even small amounts can be dangerous to your child, so it is important to keep this and all household chemicals in a safe place.
If the person survives past 48 hours, the chances for recovery are good.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002480.htm

Looks like CA's runnng home from work to non google acetone was a waste...huge waste. :floorlaugh:

Might be a little uninformed in the law (mother of an attorney, not an attorney, but do any of you know if the Defense has prepared for the State's rebuttal? Can they not bring in new testimony/evidence?

I am not a lawyer.but I believe if the evidence is not in discovery it can not come in

I still sympathize with CA...you can only try and imagine what it must be like to stand in her shoes, but you never really know unless you live it yourself. She can't win no matter what she does.

I would spit in CA's face right now if I were close enough to her......she is as evil and wicked as ICA.......:maddening:

At first I thought that maybe Baez informed Cindy the trial wasn't going well and there was a good chance that Casey would be convicted of Murder 1 (duh)...but the more I thought about it...I said, nah. This testimony was perfectly sculpted...it's been in the works for a while. JMO

I think she saw how weak the states case is and adjusted her position.

No way is ICA getting the death penalty. If she is convicted of any murder charge I think it will be because of the video.

Am I alone in thinking that CA just did the defense irreparable harm today, and didn't in fact in any way help their case? I mean the lies were so brazen, so bold faced and so obvious, it was like watching ICA walk down the hall at Universal once again. I mean really did anyone believe any of her testimony today? I'm thinking even juror number 4 was having second thoughts about her whole "don't judge other people" outlook.

And watching CA on the stand today just ties it all together. It is a family of liars. Like mother like daughter. They feel they can bully us all into disbelieving the clear and unambiguous evidence of our own senses, purely for their own purpose.

I'm usually a lurker but CA lost all credibility today. Here's a few points:
1)As a nurse, there's no way she would've had to google whether or not alcohol, acetone, hydrogen peroxide was harmful to kids because HELLO- she's a nurse!!
2) She claimed she couldn't research her friend's supposed broken neck using her job's internet. I don't know of one medical facility that doesn't have extensive research materials for their employees: be it medical publications but especially internet!
3) Research her sunpass. I lived in Florida and usually when one member of the family has it, everyone has it. It's very convenient & economical, especially if you use the toll roads a lot.
4) I did not buy her story about Chlorophyll leading to Chloroform because of the bacteria. Glad the Prosecution showed that it was "How to Make Chloroform".
For some reason they're covering for ICA big time!! This story is bigger than we think. If for one second, Cindy thought that it wasn't premeditated, she wouldn't feel the need to lie for ICA. Something has recently led her to believe that it was premeditated. JMO

Back in November 2008 CA did a morning show with GA. On that show CA was slumped and quiet, as though she had finally found out some real truth. It might have been then that she realized the premeditation.

Some will say CA still believed Caylee was alive then. I can't believe that. CA was the one that washed those pants, gave the wrong brush, etc., How is it possible she could mistake the smell of death for pizza?

It makes me wonder if there's something even worse they're all hiding. JMO, I'm very upset with the Anthony family right now.

Why is everyone so worked up about Cindy's testimony? We lived in a technological age where almost everything can be traced. The Myspace, Facebook & Chloroform searches all done at the same time eliminates Cindy as the googler. It will come out that Cindy was at work. I don't know why CA made such a dumb move & I don't know why Baez allowed it. Mark my words, this is truly going to backfire on all of them & the jury is not going to look kindly on this. Btw, I'm on the computer a lot & never have I had a youtube popup. Have any of you?
Please don't worry about what happened today! God will give the Prosecutors all of the info that they need & the truth will prevail. We cannot let our negative feelings distract us from what's needed the most- and that's positive energy & prayers going towards Attorneys LDB and Ashton in their quest to find justice for Caylee. Let our love for Caylee be our guiding light instead of our hate towards the Anthony's.

Nail polish remover isn't straight acetone (I don't think). To take off tips you need acetone that you have to buy at a beauty supply store. Regular nail polish remover doesn't work in my experience.

You know..... after listening to all the talking heads on HLN, I'm getting more confident. Most are agreeing that the jury won't buy what Cindy's selling. More than a few times in the last hour I've heard "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." lol

That's because they all lie, including the dogs. Oh wait, maybe the dogs are cats.
I think LKB should have asked CA why she didn't search Bamboo since she was so concerned about her dogs. What prompted the chloroform searches right off the bat? I'm sure this has been asked earlier, I'm still stunned from today.

So Lippman on HLN saying that Cindy was telling the truth and was looking up chloroform and that the State knew this. That she told them way back when and thats why LDB couldn't impeach her with past testimony. heaven help us. I think the State screwed up in that deposition by not going further with their questioning.

I don't sympathize with Cindy. I understand she is in a bad position, but a child is D E A D. Caylee being Cindy's granddaughter doesn't somehow make it okay for her to lie on the stand to help her daughter get away with murder. What if ICA had killed someone else's granddaughter? Would it still be just as okay, or would it somehow be different? Or if George was the victim, or the next door neighbor, or Cindy's mother or father?

I keep hearing THs say "I'm not going to judge, blah, blah, blah." I wonder how they would feel if it was their family member murdered, instead of the liar's. Caylee being ICA's daughter and Cindy's granddaughter doesn't make Caylee's life theirs to give or take as they please.

Why is everyone so worked up about Cindy's testimony? We lived in a technological age where almost everything can be traced. The Myspace, Facebook & Chloroform searches all done at the same time eliminates Cindy as the googler. It will come out that Cindy was at work. I don't know why CA made such a dumb move & I don't know why Baez allowed it. Mark my words, this is truly going to backfire on all of them & the jury is not going to look kindly on this. Btw, I'm on the computer a lot & never have I had a youtube popup. Have any of you?
Please don't worry about what happened today! God will give the Prosecutors all of the info that they need & the truth will prevail. We cannot let our negative feelings distract us from what's needed the most- and that's positive energy & prayers going towards Attorneys LDB and Ashton in their quest to find justice for Caylee. Let our love for Caylee be our guiding light instead of our hate towards the Anthony's.

BBM: I agree wholeheartedly. This will backfire.

And... no. Never had a youtube pop-up. LOL

I too like Florida's sunshine laws, but lets be clear, Canada's court system is NOT conducted behind closed doors. Its held in public courthouses where the public is allowed in to observe. The difference is, its not televised.

When there is a constant media blackout, that is the ultimate closed door policy....imo

Accidentally drinking small amounts of acetone/nail polish remover is unlikely to harm you as an adult. However even small amounts can be dangerous to your child, so it is important to keep this and all household chemicals in a safe place.
If the person survives past 48 hours, the chances for recovery are good.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002480.htm

A girl I went to middle school (13) tried to commit suicide by drinking nail polish remover. She didn't die.

Being serious here, how do you console yourself from this? How do you let it go and not let it get the best of you.. I am just so sick and mad right now.I feel as if I have been punched in the stomach. Back to my old thinking, I do not trust any of the Anthonys......they are all serious liars....................

I am not a lawyer.but I believe if the evidence is not in discovery it can not come in

Thanks, but I meant the state's discovery that they have submitted, listing CA,s co-workers, home depot tapes, etc.
Sorry, mostly lurk. Not sure if it has been addressed.

Exactly...She could not be the one using myspace and doing searches on chloroform around the same time, since she did not use myspace back then. I would think the jury will understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname