2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the jury was heard laughing with HHJBP then it appears not to be a jury related issue which is a big relief to me:great:

Eidict

I think you are right, could be Richardson Hearing. JA left saying they had depos to do.

The Judge clearly stated it had nothing to do with Dr. Furton. It was also reported there were numerous LE officers in the hallway waiting to testify so it's not like they didn't have any other witnesses for today. I would love to know what the heck is going on.

They had numerous people waiting to testify this morning. Why couldn't they at least get to them? Was their reason to be there tied into Furton's testimony that was not going to happen?

That is what I say and let the SA depo who ever at 1pm

I hate to say it but I wish Jean C would listen and get it right....she said it involved Furton but HHJBP clearly said it had NOTHING to do with THAT legal issue regarding Dr. Furton.

ETA: NOWWW she's getting it.

I'm hoping it's not a mistrial and not due to any "alleged" prosecution misconduct.

this is really wearing on me, I actually had a NIGHTMARE this morning that HLN couldn't come on.....:floorlaugh:

Well, as a Florida taxpayer, I resent the H*ll out of these delays! I can only imagine how the jury feels. Even the Dessert Lady wouldn't cheer me up at this point.

...but she can try. My address is.....

LKB said something last night about the defense filing a motion this morning that had something to do with witness intimidation by the DOD in regard to Dr. Rodriguez's testimony. I suspect this may be the issue today.

"Jeff Ashton says they are taking a deposition today but it's not related to today's ending."

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:46 AM

So......why couldn't they have testimony at least this morning and then break since the jury was dragged in?

GA was either crying earlier or has a bad cold....ICA was crying...but not CA....this has gotta be something big.

Bill Schaeffer is saying that it isn't really a big deal - these type of "legal" issues do arise during court cases.

I disagree with Mr. Schaefer. This judge was adamant about making up time today. They could have continued with other witnesses.

I'm surprised the HHJP would allow us all to lose a day. He's obviously concerned about the schedule, hence the reason we now go on Saturdays. So what "legal matter" would be so important that HHJP would feel he needed to cancel court for the day?

I think either Baez is in contempt, or from a photo earlier, ICA may be making CM her lead council. (There was a pic of JB & CM looking like they were arguing while JA & LDB stifled laughter.)
My guess as good as anyone's tho.

i don't think I can spend the weekend listening to the talking heads rerun tapes of Cindy and Lee.

talk more, please.

IDK.....just, it has to be big or this would not be going on. The only thing I can think of is it may be something that has derailed the train and a mistrial may be coming. I hate this!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Could one of the key witnesses, the family, have seriously changed the testimony and they needed to get a record of it or ackkkkkkkkkkkk.

Wonder if this is about a Motion for Mistrial or Motion to Dismiss????

HHJP has to review all testimony?

I have no idea, I do know it is NOT a plea deal.

BBM
I totally agree. I think CM raised some issue concerning something the SA did and wants a mistrial. I also think the judge has to research something concerning this.

When Baez came out and was leaning over talking to Sims, he had a very worried, concerned, or angry look on his face. It was hard to distinguish which of those emotions he was going through, but it was definitely one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5