2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine so.. since they're most likely reading here. jmho

I watched it, and it looked to me as if his palms were sweating, and he was trying to dry them without wiping the sweat on his clothing, or something.

It really didn't look like what I think a handwashing motion is.. more of a swiping motion

yes the actual rebuttal is what we are in right now but according to what Bill S said the prosecution will close their original case and then the defense will do closing on their case and then if the defense tried to say anything that is in their CIC but was rebutted, the prosecution will have an additional closing based on info that came out during rebuttal.

I think it's:

Prosecution opening
Defense opening
Prosecution cic
Defense cic
Prosecution rebuttal
Defense sur rebuttal
Prosecution closing
Defense closing
Prosecution final closing
Jury instructions
Jury deliberation......verdict

Are we saying the same thing and I'm too slow today? ;)

There's no way the jurors will have a press conference at the conclusion of this trial. At the Jason Young trial the judge actually kept the jurors under the rules of sequestration until they arrived at their home. He also advised the media not to follow them or try to contact them until they were released.
He also advised the jurors to contact him directly if any media or others harrassed them.

I suspect we will see the same thing here.

from Broderick yesterday:

http://www.wftv.com/video/28408667/index.html

I already brought up the 2:01 time to watch when George is called to the stand and he mouths what appears a F you to Baez.

BUT, even more important.

As George walks away from the stand starting at 14:10

HE WASHES HIS HANDS IN MOTION TOWARDS CASEY!!!!

I think he has finally realized what the real truth is, and has accepted it. He is done with her.

ITA!! And, it looked to me like he was PURPOSELY looking at the defense table while doing it....can't say exactly to "whom"....I'd like to believe it was KC.

That also tells me she NEVER called IT about a computer login problem. If they can reset your password for you, they can get into your computer without your help!!!!! Cindy is truly backwards when it comes to computers.

ita they sure can

also I love that LBD said from my understanding that they have what I would refer to timed work product info (without client names). And I definately know that is possible since I've had to call IT for information from a previous time period for entries I made that were missing and they went in remotely and saw what occured at that time... that another co-worker was using the same document as me at the same time (including the number of times and in fact on different days).

so the SA can show regardless of the time card records if she was at work thru those time periods.

cool eh! :)

Don't you think it's true that the longer you've been studying this case, the less likely you are to know how the jury sees it?

The jury doesn't know half as much as I do about ICA. I wonder if they are leaning towards the DP. I've heard some on tv say 15 yrs. to Life. Whatever the Verdict, it will be shocking, I think. It's not as slam dunk as we might think. I will smash things if she gets only a 15 yr. sentence.

I didn't follow the case before this, though I started watching after jury selection on day 1 of the trial itself. However I have been reading here and doing some external reading the jurors have not - so I'm not a good representation either...

Having said that, what was presented in court spoke more to her guilt than anything I read or saw that was not admitted as evidence. Especially yesterday's pet testimony, which tied all the pieces together for me.

Bruce at WFTV:
Here comes something you might want to watch. Video we just got in of Casey Anthony when she was 5 years old. It's courtesy of Anderson Cooper's show AC360: http://www.wftv.com/video/28419064/index.html

Good morning everyone ...I overslept this a.m. and am trying to catch up. Saw this video clip last night and knowing everything we now know about Casey A. it is a little unnerving. Otherwise I would have thought such a cute little girl.
Thanks for posting it.

Blegh. Reading about grief therapist. If every bond between a mother and a daughter was so strong, there wouldn't be any cases of mothers killings their daughters. Or throwing away their daughters like trash. Jury, give me a guilty verdict!

Awww. HHJP"s father.

Attachments

• 335193539.jpg
    335193539.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 110
one of the tweeters said when jp asked the kid why he shot ja the finger,
he should have answered , it was an accident that snowballed out of control.

I thought it looked more like he was dared to do something on camera and was [blank] enough to do it and got caught. I guess the bottom line is if you do something on camera, uh, it's gonna be caught on camera.

But the guy told JP his finger was directed at JA. Did he think that sounded better than saying it wasn't directed at anyone in particular?

I served on a sequestered jury in a triple murder case. The case led to 3 death penalties plus 2 life sentences for the perpetrator. He was executed by lethal injection a couple of years ago after languishing on Tennessee's death row for well over 25 years..

I can tell you that, IMO, any sequestered jury would want to work 12 hours/day, 7 days/week.

Okay, we have found you little softail one in contempt of sidebar! You punishment is to bring carbs and fruit to the sidebar each morning and you must go immediately to youtube and watch this video TEN TIMES without tossing your cookies before posting again! LMAO
YouTube - ‪What's a wink and touch between pals????‬‏
As the owner, of the aforementioned video, I will be able to see when it has been viewed ten times!!!!! LMAOROF

Did Ryan really say,"... we see Casey Anthony sitting AT HER DESK..".

Good morning everyone ...I overslept this a.m. and am trying to catch up. Saw this video clip last night and knowing everything we now know about Casey A. it is a little unnerving. Otherwise I would have thought such a cute little girl.
Thanks for posting it.
I just want to go back in time and whisper to that little girl, don't kill your little girl.

So I just re-watched wftv playing CA computer search testimony and really I think she told "mis-truths" because in the end what else does she have left to lose? (in her mind)

Do you think KC would have stood a better chance if she had gone with a speedy trial?

Rushing a Capital Murder trial for the sake of the jury's convenience is not a tenet of the US System of Justice. To do so is flat out grounds for mistrial in my opinion. My wife sat on a Capital Murder trial for 4 weeks. When it began, they were told "You'll be here until we are finished... this is a serious matter." This is the type of stuff (IMOO) that is fodder for an overturn on appeal. jmoo

Normally no. But in the case, the Country is watching. And knows what an evil manipulative liar Cindy is. Thus I feel they will go after her. She impeded the investigation remember. The prosecution sure does not forget that fact either.

I don't think that she was handed a get out of jail free card. I hope not. But who knows.

Blegh. Reading about grief therapist. If the bond between a mother and a daughter was so strong, there wouldn't be any cases of mothers killings their daughters. Or throwing away their daughters like trash. Jury, give me a guilty verdict!
When the grief expert was on the stand, I immediately thought of Susan Smith, who supposedly had a special, loving bond with her boys.

We all know what happened there.
:(

Oh Oh - I have been seriously brainwashed by this case. Sitting here at 8:10 waiting for the juror's special break so I can finally take my dogs out for their first morning curb visit.

How sick is that?

I'll trump that LG: Velcroed to computer and WESH on standby.(Keep checking to make sure there is nothing wrong with the volume).
No shower and dog=3 minute am walk as opposed to usual 20. Dash to coffee pot downstairs in record sprint. And court isn't even in session!

Oh, and how's this for crazy? I'm going on a trip on Sunday and having Sirius installed to be able to listen to the trial. If Best Buy says they can't do it today, I'm going to jump across the counter and grab Geek Squad guy's throat and throttle him..either that or slip him a 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes