2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was important that River Cruz said she was "on the floor" and George was "on the couch" when he made the "snowball" comment. It was not "pillow talk." And I wish the court and the media would stop saying "affair"-like it is some French movie.

Intercourse. Sexual intercourse. That woman should have been asked if she had sexual intercourse with George. I think using the word "affair" is vague. Now, Vinnie Politan did ask her when she was on his show(but see, she hates the media :rolleyes: ) point blank how many times they had sex and she said "six times." :dunno:

I remember when she was adamant that she and George never had sex. I remember that... :yes: I think George is a liar and she is a liar and neither one of them had anything to do with Caylee's death.

She also told Vinnie that she seduced George. :yuck: :twocents:

Did you catch how long it took her to respond after Vinnie asked her how long this "affair" went on?
She can recall sitting on the floor and looking over at him with tears in his eyes after he said he believed it had to have been an accident clear as day but when asked how much time of her life she spent with this man (that allegedly shared her bed and wronged her) she had to look down and it took her several seconds to think up an answer. :waitasec: then it was a; "2 months, 2 1/2 months, 3 months?" type of answer.

When you know, you know.

:greetings: Eileen

Nooo! LOL. I :luv: Katy Perry! I don't want to associate her with ICA. And, I don't want ICA thinking she looks like Katy. :nono:

Thank you for your post Eileen, it gave me a chance for a laugh. I hope you can tell I am joking around and I have no problem with your opinion, of course.

Anyone and everyone is too good to play someone as awful as ICA. I don't know if I could watch a dramatic recreation of this crime. I have watched many before: Scott Peterson, Diane Downs, Elizabeth Smart, those two cadets that killed their high school class mate, Perfect Murder Perfect Town-JonBenet, et cetera but I did not follow the trials and I did not feel a personal connection to those cases. Why this one has been "personal" I am not totally sure, except there are dynamics to the Anthony family that I recognize in my own family. It is crazy narcissistic (ag!) of me to state that a movie made of this case would kind of affect me personally. :dunno: I think I understand why families of victims would be upset these types of movies are made. I say I think, because I really have no idea and it is crazy of me to feel anything personal at all. But there you have it... :dunno:

Maybe the difference between sociopaths and normal folk is this: we all want to get our own way all of the time but only sociopaths believe they will get their way all of the time? :waitasec:

:twocents:

Me too and that is the whole point of deliberations I thought but that is not what her message said. I am really confused and think it is incorrect but will wait for a response.

The are all together for deliberation. They are sequestered from one another (i.e. end of the day) when not in deliberation so that one or two, etc can not have discussions/deliberations without the other jurors being present.

I agree with the poster, who says the defense shot themselves in the foot.... with the OS.
Out of all the "bombshells" this case was to have.. the biggest imo was yesterday. I don't gage a bomb by the sound it makes when it hits..but by the damage. If I was on the jury...I would think the everyone for the defense side, were liars or at the very least questionable... moo

I don't doubt that this ex-wife of Cindy's brother is telling the truth of what she has been told (have no reason to think otherwise at this point). I also have no reason to doubt that Cindy's mother is also telling the truth of what she has been told. HOWEVER, where did Shirley get this information from regarding the alleged fight on June 15? She got that information from Cindy. We should all know by now that Cindy's word is worthless.

Cindy could have easily made the story up for a variety of reasons, one being to make herself look to her mom like she is standing up for them and bringing the hammer down on Casey about stealing from grandpa but throws in the Casey leaving with Caylee in there so that she also gets sympathy from her mom. The whole family is twisted with their lies. One to bolster themselves followed by one to gain sympathy or martyrdom. "look what I did for you and dad mom and now i am paying the price for Casey running off with Caylee".

From what I remember, Casey's cell phone pings do not support this story at all of Casey leaving that area on the 15th.

IMO

I don't see that the pings refute the story. It doesn't claim she left the area, just that she left the house. Casey could have gone to Lee's, she could have gone around the corner and parked, she could have gone to that abandoned house. I've never believed either Cindy or George's accounts of the morning of the 16th, and an emotional trigger for the extreme action of murder makes sense to me.

That said, we'll never know the actual truth of exactly what happened. :(

I thought they get together now and deliberate they talk things thru.

The jurors will start deliberating after closing arguments and judge's instructions. However, during times when they're not deliberating, to sleep, etc., they will be totally separated from one another.

BBM-it so reminds me so much of the Scott Peterson case when Garagos said in his opening that he was going to show that Scott was "stone cold innocent" or something to that effect. Didn't happen. He didn't deliver on that either.

I remember hearing about this case, but never really knew the details. I read an article about it yesterday and there are very creepy similarities between Scott and Casey...

:greetings: Eileen

Nooo! LOL. I :luv: Katy Perry! I don't want to associate her with ICA. And, I don't want ICA thinking she looks like Katy. :nono:

Thank you for your post Eileen, it gave me a chance for a laugh. I hope you can tell I am joking around and I have no problem with your opinion, of course.

Anyone and everyone is too good to play someone as awful as ICA. I don't know if I could watch a dramatic recreation of this crime. I have watched many before: Scott Peterson, Diane Downs, Elizabeth Smart, those two cadets that killed their high school class mate, etc. but I did not follow the trials and I did not feel a personal connection to those cases. Why this one has been "personal" I am not totally sure, except there are dynamics to the Anthony family that I recognize in my own family. It is crazy narcissistic (ag!) of me to state that a movie made of this case would kind of affect me personally. :dunno: I think I understand why families of victims would be upset these types of movies are made. I say I think, because I really have no idea and it is crazy of me to feel anything personal at all. But there you have it... :dunno:

Maybe the difference between sociopaths and normal folk is this: we all want to get our own way all of the time but only sociopaths believe they will get their way all of the time? :waitasec:

:twocents:

i feel the same way that some actresses are "too good" to play KC and don't want them sullying their good names.

i think the obvious choice to play KC is Lindsay Lohan. perhaps not the perfect likeness physically - but they both love la bella vita! i can see no other in the role. :innocent:

I don't see that the pings refute the story. It doesn't claim she left the area, just that she left the house. Casey could have gone to Lee's, she could have gone around the corner and parked, she could have gone to that abandoned house. I've never believed either Cindy or George's accounts of the morning of the 16th, and an emotional trigger for the extreme action of murder makes sense to me.

That said, we'll never know the actual truth of exactly what happened. :(

BBM

Very true.

My main problem with this pretty much boils down to this is mainly coming from Cindy and I just have a hard time believing anything this woman says.

I've also seen contradictory comments that Lee did say it happened, Lee denied it happened. Lee was there, Lee wasn't there. I just don't know if I even believe anything Lee says anymore.

Another bizarre court moment for me during the DT witness testimony was one of the last times they called Cindy to the stand to ask her if she remembered several years ago dealing with an issue of Lee being in Casey's room at night. Her answer was no. Well, why on earth did Baez call her back specifically to ask that question if he thought her answer was going to be no????

It was like Cindy was not surprised by that question, fully expected it and did not hesitate to say no. Then Baez follows up with a similar question just asked a bit differently and again she says no so he moves on to other questions.

I can't imagine he thought he was going to be told no and asked the question anyway. It just makes no sense at all.

IMO

WOW this makes sense to me. I think that statement had something to do with the date June 9. There's something up with that date, I think with CA being a nurse she was able to save baby CayLEE that time.

It seems like the week of June 9th ICA was spending most of her time with Ricardo. Maybe ICA had kept Caylee away from the Anthony home that week or at least much of it and just brought her back and left her for Father's Day.

If convicted, maybe we'll see a parade of Casey's childhood friends who'll testify. I'm certain Baez can find some that will show up and avoid mentioning mysterious loss of toys, clothes, piggybanks, lunch allowances, birthday money, or counting silverware.

He doesn't want to bring Mr. Shovel up and ask him, "So why don't you have good neighborly relations with the Anthonys." Not under oath.

Bwahahaha....BuffaloChuck.... "counting silverware" and "Mr. Shovel."

Thank you for that! First laugh of the day and I really, really needed it.

hugs, man. :)

You remind me of that, "Will and Grace" episode where "Lorraine Finster" was stealing silverware from Karen... in an unusual fashion.

and the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" episode ("The Ski Lift") in which the nurse, played by Mo Collins, stole [in an unusual fashion] Richard Lewis' prized, signed baseball. :)

WE all know so much more about this case and the weird cast of characters. The jury will never know so much of both mother and daughter’s strange relationship. To me GA and LA seem like they are closer to normal but the years of living with ICA and CA have morphed them into part of the falselife.

So can the jury make the same decision as most of us with what has been presented to them?

I think yes. I think the prosecution has presented a very strong case considering the remains were only bones and a manner of death was all that could be established, not a cause.

My biggest worry is that if we have an appeal get upheld and a whole new trial....the new defense knows all the prosecution has and what mistakes the defense made and they just start with a pool accident, panic, body in car....and the second trial likely ends in manslaughter or nothing.

So my strongest hope is that everything Judge Perry has done and said into the record preserves this trial from an appeal.

Another bizarre court moment for me during the DT witness testimony was one of the last times they called Cindy to the stand to ask her if she remembered several years ago dealing with an issue of Lee being in Casey's room at night. Her answer was no. Well, why on earth did Baez call her back specifically to ask that question if he thought her answer was going to be no????

It was like Cindy was not surprised by that question, fully expected it and did not hesitate to say no. Then Baez follows up with a similar question just asked a bit differently and again she says no so he moves on to other questions.

I can't imagine he thought he was going to be told no and asked the question anyway. It just makes no sense at all.

IMO

IMO I think it was to get that situation out there, true or not. "Whether she remembered this or not, doesn't meant it didn't happen" kinda thing. Baez did that alot in this case.

IMO
Same thing happened when George was on the stand and Baez asked him about using duct tape on the dead animals.

IMO, Jose really thought both Ants would go along with the "story". Something big changed during the course of this trial to make them unwilling to continue to do everything possible to save Casey. The only part that Cindy "helped" with was the searches on the computer. And, IMO, they should have just left that alone in the first place rather than having the State come back with such damning evidence.

When I watched the parade of young men who testified and Amy H I was just so glad that each of these individuals has been able to escape the reach of ICA and go on to live normal productive lives. ICA has taken so many people down with her.

OMG! While watching DCasey testimony the other day he kept reminding me of someone and I couldn't think of who it was. They are now replaying his testimony on HLN and it just occurred to me who he reminds me of. Remember Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon? "okay, okay, okay" I swear that is who he reminds me of testifying "okay, let me explain this again"

IMO

IMO

Me thinks the only time Lee went into ICA's room and grope in her sleep was to determine if there was a baby bump or not, after having a discussion with CA where she denied ICA's pregnancy. Who in the hell wants to sleep in an adjacent room next to a preggers teen in denial. KWIM?

I have always wondered if the 9th was the real day of the fight ... because it was a date when they were first making reports in july that was in both CA and ICA's mind.

Then there was a glimmer of truth in CA's testimony that the 15th was special because she and ICA shared a moment after she and Caylee came back from the visit with Papa..... somehow i took it as CA thought that ICA "got it" and was coming around and yet they had very different ideas of how things were going to be, then when CA didnt watch Caylee that night, ICA moved forward with her plan to make CA sorry for not letting her go to Tony's to spend the night on the evening of the 15th.

I feel it was premeditated and she had a hatred of Caylee because she had moved to the center of the family as the source of fun & received all the attention.

I think all of us who are mommas feel that shift, I can recall joking myself that while people used to want pictures of me that after i had kids i just became the hands and back of head in photos others were taking of the baby. I loved it, but think a narcissistic type like ICA couldnt take it.

This is why after following this for these three years i do feel she is deserving of the DP, as she isnt the type to live a life behind bars with sorrow or regret for her actions - she would adapt, create new stories and relationships and go on enjoying her days behind bars. She needs to be drugged, taped up, stuffed in garbage bags and tossed in a swamp.

Or something like that .....

but things had been brewing and stewing in this family since early 2008, when she was cut off from the BofA account and Caylee was requiring more waking attention and talking more and showing preferences for CA over ICA and she couldnt take that. She wanted to hurt everyone who was no longer cow-towing to her and hurt them she did.

If Mallary(sp) and Lee ever break up we might get more insight into the Anthony family.. Because I'm sure she would write a book after the break up. I'd read what Mallory had to say...

I wouldn't buy anything she had a hand in writing. Describing ICA as an "amazing" mother gives me all the information I want to hear from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber