2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If ICA testifies, I predict they won't even sit down in the jury room. They'll be announcing a verdict before the bailiff can get down the hall.

Does anyone know if the judge knows the verdict before it is announced in court?

Can someone explain briefly how the alternates jurors work?? How do they decided which ones they actually pick?

Sorry for the dumb question. :)

Just curious if anyone knows how long it took in:

OJ and Scott Peterson

I Googled and it said the jury deliberated for 4 hours for OJ and 12 hours for Scott Peterson.

I Googled and it said the jury deliberated for 4 hours for OJ and 12 hours for Scott Peterson.

Scott Peterson trial: Jurors deliberated for almost a week after which 2 of them needed to be replaced. Once the 2 alternates stepped in they reached a verdict in 8 hours or so.

The only reason the OJ jury went that long was because they wanted to stick it to the man & get 1 more free lunch out of the deal before smiling for the talk shows.

The Casey Anthony jury should be done in 1 day; guilty.

I think it will take longer to figure out how to fill out the verdict sheet than to reach a verdict.

I'm gonna say 5 hours

I originally said a week. I say a day now. If for no other reason than the desire to be home with their (relatively) normal families.

I originally voted 4 days, that was last week, but after a few more days of testimony, I now believe it will be 24 hours or less. This defense team is really digging a hole for themselves and making it really clear that she is the only one responsible for this crime. If she takes the stand, and I believe she will, could just be a matter of hours for them to reach a decision. Geez, what a circus this has become. I was in the minority of the people that felt sorry for Cindy from day 1, this trial , while it has changed a lot of peoples opinion of the Anthony's, it has made me see what truly despicable people they all are. I am disgusted with the whole bunch. And I don't think they were always like that and this is where Casey learned it, I think she has brought out the evil in everyone around her since this has all happened. She truly is EVIL.

The only reason the OJ jury went that long was because they wanted to stick it to the man & get 1 more free lunch out of the deal before smiling for the talk shows.

The Casey Anthony jury should be done in 1 day; guilty.

stick it to OJ??????? are you talking about his murder trial? they didn't stick anything to him, he was found not guilty. He was the one who went smiling to the talk shows..

Okay, will you google (i'm just too lazy) how long the jury was sequestered for each of these cases. I wonder if the longer the sequestration, the shorter the deliberation.

Hey that sounds likd a good catch phrase ala if the glove don't fit, you must aquitt

Juro #4 might surprise everyone. I don't think anybody can really know what the jurors are thinking just by watching their actions in court or how they answered in jury selection.

I have faith they all have common sense and will see through all the BS and lies.

Forgot where I heard it but they are hoping to start deliberating on Saturday. So if they deliberate starting Saturday do they work on Sundays? Or, could there be fireworks (verdict) on the 4th of July?? I bet the jury is hoping they are done by then so they can enjoy the holiday with their families.:fireworks:

P.S. Oh, I guess there will be no family time on the 4th. They are still sequestered during the penalty phase?

I think if they vote her Not Guilty, they will regret it BIG TIME once they get out and are able to read and see all the stuff we can see that is not admissible in the trial.

I was thinking the same thing last night. If she got off and I highly doubt she will, and the jury sees all the videos, depos, news articles especially if the jury heads our way to read, they will definitely be sorry and know what a mistake they made.
Last night on one of the channels the TH were saying that they hope there are not any riots on the street when the verdict comes in.

I think they will take all the time they need to be very thorough, since someone's life is at stake... Even if it is the wicked witch of the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname