2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the amount of time a jury takes to reach a verdict play any role in the appeals process?

If Casey gets LWOP, are there still appeals? Or is that just with DP? And how many months or years until the first appeal? I can think of some California murderers (Scott Peterson, David Westerfield, Alejandro Avila) who were sentenced to Death Row 5-10 years ago, and I haven't heard anything about the appeals process beginning in their case.

I say 1 day.

By the way, whether Casey receives LWOP or the death penalty didn't make a difference to me just as long as she would be permanently removed from society. However, after witnessing her lack of emotion towards George as he sobbed on the stand, I feel the jury should spare her family from any future torment and manipulation from behind bars. Although Cindy has been less than stellar (to say the least) save her from that sociopath and send Casey back to hell from whence she came.

After today, I changed my mind from 2-3 days to less then 24 hours.

I'll have to wait and see if ICA testifies and what I think the jury felt about her testimony (was it believable).

I want Caylee to have swift justice, but at the same time, I want that jury to do their job and do it well.

I hope they take this case very seriously and aren't focused on "getting home for the Fourth of July" ... as a juror, would you be able to party if you rushed through this just for burgers, potato salad and a beer?

I don't want ICA to get off on any kind of technicality. I don't know what that would be ... just want Ts crossed and Is dotted by the jury.

Caylee deserves their full attention.

Every time JB insults and badgers a witness because they won't be forced to say what he wants, it cuts down on the time the Jury will take to decide.
At this rate it will be one day.

My hope is, they will know she is guilty when they go in to deliberations. However, they will review the evidence and compare information, and listen to each others point of view. Then, in perhaps 2 days, find her guilty of first degree murder. It will be a just decision.

One of the jurors in the SP trial said later "That word resonated in my head over and over again, reasonable doubt, reasonable, doubt. Is this REASONABLE?"

If the jurors in this case adopt such a simple, logical way of going about things then we will have a verdict in one day.

After yesterday's sinking of the ship SS KAMA, short for Keep A Murderer Alive,
I believe less than an hour. Her fate was sealed for me. The blatant parade of anybody else to blame made it so easy to see that she did this and did this intentionally. Not one ounce of proof to their theory or one ounce of proof that someone else did it. I never thought it was a complete slamdunk until they put Kronk on the stand for hours for no reason and then tried to insinuate without saying that she was molested by her family. Annnnd when they lose, watch out baez, cuz u will be the next molester accused by one Casey Marie Anthony. Something tells me that even though were at the end that this may just be the beginning.

If they get the case sometime Sunday they will IMO be back with a verdict on Tuesday
afternoon. They get to go home and ICA gets to go to real jail.

I voted 1/2 a day. I think they've made up their minds already.

That's my vote as well, MissJames...I believe they already have a mindset on guilt...then on to the penalty phase to see if she lives or dies...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I belive it takes 3 days and jury will ask to sniff the can with decomposition odor. This will seal the verdict!

If Casey gets LWOP, are there still appeals? Or is that just with DP? And how many months or years until the first appeal? I can think of some California murderers (Scott Peterson, David Westerfield, Alejandro Avila) who were sentenced to Death Row 5-10 years ago, and I haven't heard anything about the appeals process beginning in their case.

I do believe she would have 30 days to enter an appeal, even if she is given LWOP...when someone is on DR, an automatic appeal happens...they have about 15-20 years before appeals are exhausted and sent to the death chamber...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I originally voted 3 days of deliberation but the last 2 days of testimony has changed my mind. I now think it will be one day and it will be a guilty verdict for murder but not sure which charge.

I've served jury duty twice. Once in a civil case and once in a case where the primary charge was attempted murder. One thing which surprised me was how quickly the other juror members were to get this over with. Especially since it was a Friday and people had plans. It didn't change my vote but it did bother me. This was my experience on the attempted murder jury.

I don't think anyone should underestimate how jurors who have been sequestered this long must feel. When you consider it's another holiday weekend and it's been said some have vacation plans coming up ... I think the verdict will come quickly.

I am in no way disparaging this jury or implying they will not do their duty. Just relating my experience and it's all just my opinion.

When about will the jury start deliberating? Will it start today, tomorrow, or during the weekend? Not sure about how the court system works. :)

I AM HOPING FOR JULY 4, INDEPENDENCE DAY. IMHO very appropriate for Baby Caylee.

Does anyone know if the judge knows the verdict before it is announced in court?

Yes, He gets a piece of folded paper which he looks at, knows the verdict and continues on with the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid