2011.07.11- 07.18 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was over at the Orange County Clerk's site and was reading some of the LONG list of motions in the trial and noticed this one:

07/07/2011 Motion to Unseal Videotape

Could this be THE videotape? Please please please say it is! That is the only one we know of that was sealed correct?

Can I/we sue ICA for mental stress??? :)

So I was over at the Orange County Clerk's site and was reading some of the LONG list of motions in the trial and noticed this one:

07/07/2011 Motion to Unseal Videotape

Could this be THE videotape? Please please please say it is! That is the only one we know of that was sealed correct?

Yes it is! And I wish the judge would schedule a hearing or rule on it already!!:maddening:

I've been too stunned for posting much over the past week........but I think in my own mind I've determined the biggest contributor to the very bad verdict. The very subjective Reasonable Doubt really did need to be explained more clearly to this group. The DT spent a lot of time throwing their version of doubt at the jury. The SA spent their time presenting the facts and leaving the jurors to think through it all and come to a logical conclusion.
We live in a world now of sound bites and 80% solutions/decisions..........the days of coming to studied, well reasoned decisions seem to be gone so the take away lesson is that in the future we need to recognize that you have to give people the answer you want and then tell them over and over why it's the right answer.

I saw this video and I am totally in love with Judge Strickland :)

I never looked at Judge Strickland as being very handsome, but after looking at him in this interview, he is a good looking fellow.

Did Wendy just say that GA should sue the juror for accusing him of murder?

I've been too stunned for posting much over the past week........but I think in my own mind I've determined the biggest contributor to the very bad verdict. The very subjective Reasonable Doubt really did need to be explained more clearly to this group. The DT spent a lot of time throwing their version of doubt at the jury. The SA spent their time presenting the facts and leaving the jurors to think through it all and come to a logical conclusion.
We live in a world now of sound bites and 80% solutions/decisions..........the days of coming to studied, well reasoned decisions seem to be gone so the take away lesson is that in the future we need to recognize that you have to give people the answer you want and then tell them over and over why it's the right answer.

I agree with your post but I would also add that this was NOT a death penalty qualified jury. Sadly, the mess began even before trial. It started at jury selection.

I never looked at Judge Strickland as being very handsome, but after looking at him in this interview, he is a good looking fellow.

I think he's adorable!!! :crazy:
Very intelligent, fair, well spoken, common sense, integrity all rolled in to one great little pkg.......I loved his suttle dig about the actions of the DT after the verdict was read........in other words, they showed no class at all, evening mentioning Dorothy Sims....but he did praise Baez for the way he handled himself after the verdict......

Wendy thinks jurors should have an IQ test. She really has problems with the foreperson.

Wendy Murphy has lost her MIND!!!!! MOOOOOOOO :waitasec:

As WM is a former sex crimes prosecutor, I believe she sees every crime through sex crime-tinted glasses. Some of these so-called inappropriate photos of Caylee were posted on another thread and as a mother, I didn't see anything particularly troubling about them at all.

Wendy admits much of this alleged evidence is still under seal, which leads one to question - just how does Ms. Murphy know what it is?

If she is that convinced Caylee was being "pimped out" (ugh!), then she needs to pursue it directly with the SA instead of wasting her energy on wild TV rants, IMO.

Wendy thinks jurors should have an IQ test. She really has problems with the foreperson.

Let me guess wasnt the foremen one of the ones who voted guilty on their first vote. No wonder how dare him originally think she was guilty :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86