2011.07.26-28 HLN & FOX (Weekly) News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I'm not a mod, but I think we've experienced some significant thread drift here - myself included. Maybe we should drift back more to topic

I'll start. Looks like Hln has gone back to Octomom. Oh well. At least her kids are still alive. I am concerned however as they appear to have a pool

No, I had it on mute and they did a big old segment on Casey and why everyone is so fascinated with her just now...

You can't blame the jury because they based their verdic on what information/evidence that was given to them.

The jury DID NOT base their verdict upon 'everything' that was given to them. They ignored most of the forensics, labeled some of it as 'too confusing' and 'too emotional.' They said much of it was too speculative, and then the foreman admits that they discussed their opinion that George may have killed the child. And that is not pure speculation? Besides all of that, they showed their ignorance concerning the jury instructions a few times, making statements showing they did not follow them correctly.

And they came to the verdict rapidly, WITHOUT going through the evidence and asking any questions. Just the fact that they said they were 'confused' and yet they asked for no clarification tells me they shirked their responsibilities. imoo

You can't connect anything to Casey. You can speculate all you want but that isn't evidence.
The Duck tape is not connected to Casey, it is connected to George and it was proven in court.

YES, you CAN connect things to Casey. The jury admitted that they thought the body was probably in Casey's car trunk. Is that NOT a connection?
So they agree that she drove around with her dead child in her trunk, never reported the child dead, and yet there is no 'connection' to Casey?

She was the child's mother and caretaker and guardian. THAT right there is the connection. She is legally responsible for her welfare and well-being. How could they acquit of the involuntary manslaughter at the very least, knowing she was dead in the car trunk while Mom partied?

The duct tape was not connected to George, it was the 'family' duct tape. And do you really believe he would duct tape a dead child's face and then keep that roll and carry it around to the tents later on? That right there is evidence he was NOT the one who duct taped Caylee. imo

It wasn't Involuntary Manslaughter (it was Aggravated Manslaughter)--
That is a big difference.

Count Three, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child: If Casey Anthony is convicted of causing the death of Caylee by culpable negligence the maximum sentence is 30 years in prison. The estimated minimum sentence for this charge and other charges which might result in conviction along with this count would be 16 years and 6 months.

The jury thought that GA might have had something to do with it because the evidence was there and he acted strange, and many think he lied on the stand. Also, he didn't call 911 when he said he knew he smelled death in the car at the tow yard when he went to pickup the car. You have to admit he wasn't that great of a witness.
Being a mother and caretaker/guardian doesn't make you a killer. I stand to be corrected but I didn't think that Involuntary Manslaughter was one of the options. (I'll check on this)
The duck tape was testified by Cindy, that it belonged George's.

You have to realize that you can't answer the following questions.
When did Caylee die?
How did Caylee die?
Where did Caylee die?
Evidence that Casey put Caylee in the car.
Evidence that Casey took the body to the place the body was found.

These are question you can speculate but you don't have DNA, soil on shoes, soil on the car, etc. Name one thing that you can connect without speculation to anybody.
The only thing I can think of is the duck Tape, and it isn't tied to Casey.
These are facts of the case, I don't like the facts anymore than anyone else. I am just saying that you have to follow the law.

When JA said as soon as he saw the duct tape, he knew it was the murder weapon and he knew how Caylee died. Now, that is and was his opinion but it wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

The jury thought that GA might have had something to do with it because the evidence was there and he acted strange, and many think he lied on the stand
Aside from the duct tape which was purchased by George and available to all family members what evidence is there that he was involved. He searched for Caylee which I do not find strange behavior at all. What is strange is when the mother goes to Blockbuster with her boyfriend within hours of the child missing or drowning, lying up the ying yang to police and others who are searching to find the child, partying until wee hours, and not reporting the child missing/kidnapped until 31 days later, driving a car that stinks to high heaven and blaming it on squirrels, and blaming other innocent/imaginary people for the kidnapping. That is strange. George was railroaded.

You have to realize that you can't answer the following questions.
When did Caylee die?
How did Caylee die?
Where did Caylee die?
Evidence that Casey put Caylee in the car.
Evidence that Casey took the body to the place the body was found.

This is why it is called a circumstantial case. None of the above needed to be proven in order to return a guilty verdict.
In the case of Scott, Lacy and Connor Peterson answers to above question were not known. Yet he sits on death row and I am sure that he wishes he had been tried in Florida with these jurors.
Zahra Bakers stepmom probably wishes the same as does anyone know exactly when Zahra died, how she died, where she died or in what she was transported to the various locations her body parts were found??
Sometimes circumstances is all you need to know with common sense that someone did in fact kill someone.
This is my opinion only and you are certainly entitled to disagree.
Thanks for reading.
Dq

It wasn't Involuntary Manslaughter (it was Aggravated Manslaughter)--
That is a big difference.

Count Three, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child: If Casey Anthony is convicted of causing the death of Caylee by culpable negligence the maximum sentence is 30 years in prison. The estimated minimum sentence for this charge and other charges which might result in conviction along with this count would be 16 years and 6 months.

There was plenty of evidence for aggravated manslaughter. She was triple-wrapped in garbage bags and dumped in the local swamp FGS. And Casey partied her way through the decomposition cycle. Geeezzzz,. what did the jury want, a video of the actual crime?

If someone's child goes missing and she is the last one seen with her and the child was dead in her trunk and she never reports the child missing but she parties her little arse off and lies to obstruct the case, what is the most likely scenario? She is guilty of something--or her father is?

The example being (just read) if you wake up in the morning and the streets, sidewalks and trees are wet, you may assume that it rained. That is reasonable. You don't have to know where, why or what time it rained to conclude that rain happened.

To think a helicopter/plane flew over your house and dropped hundreds of gallons of water in your neighborhood is not reasonable. It could have happened but it is not reasonable to think it did.

This is exactly the thinking processes used by the jury. They speculated unreasonably (and called it reasonable) that george could have killed caylee. so therefore casey is innocent.

I honestly think the jury thought George could have had something to do with what happened to Caylee or was involved. I think the reasonable doubt is because Caylee could have drowned in the pool.
The way the body was disposed could have been after an accident just as easy as a murder. JMOO

No, I had it on mute and they did a big old segment on Casey and why everyone is so fascinated with her just now...

Lol. I'm maintaining my own little boycott so I just clicked over for two secs to be able to comment authentically and saw octo herding cats er kids in swim suits. I think HLN suffers from drinking too much of their own cool aide ( oh yeah!). They'd mapped an entire season on this trail and got caught flat footed Their chagrin is palpable and their feeble mustering on thin issues is really kind of sad if it weren't so lame. I sure learned a lot or was reassured that my former opinions about media were on target to begin with. "Network" was prophecy.

i wish HLN would understand. we are not fascinated with Casey. we were horrified by her behavior pretrial, wanted to see justice during the trial, and were shocked when the jury failed to hold her accountable. simple as that. this is not about casey. no one cares about casey. we just wanted justice for CAYLEE.
no HLN we are not captivated by her "hotness" , she is not interesting to us. we feel she got away with murder and it bothers us. her pack of lies hold no interest to us.

sorry for speaking for everyone. i just know that i am not alone on this one. i cant believe all the casey speculation on tv. i have to be so careful when flipping channels now lest i get disgusted at a photo of her on my screen.
so just a reminder HLN and all networks..i am not interested in casey anthony. i would love to see her go away for good. please stop assuming peoples disgust for the verdict (and the desire to hear one TH tell it like it really is) relates to any interest in "what she's up to" and "how much money she will make"

When did Caylee die? On June 16th, 2008
Where did Caylee die? In the vicinity of her home on Hopespring dr.
How did caylee die? cause of death is unknown; manner of death is homicide.

Those questions have been answered..

I honestly think the jury thought George could have had something to do with what happened to Caylee or was involved. I think the reasonable doubt is because Caylee could have drowned in the pool.
The way the body was disposed could have been after an accident just as easy as a murder. JMOO

Not hopping on you but just wanted to say that if that were the case then Caylee got less respect with her dumping than the family pets they buried.

It is comforting to know that we are all in this together. Being angry about injustice and watching the villians win is not good when alone. I am glad to be here with you guys.
Ditto, ditto, ditto!
oxoxoxo

My Atty friend said they OverCharged her and that is why she walked...:(
I don't buy that for a minute ... there were lesser charges, aggravated manslaughter and aggravated child abuse. The jury could have acquitted her of 1st & 2nd degree murder, but found her guilty of the two mentioned above.

The problem is, if you look at Nancy G.'s FB page or some of the other HLN heads, they have had as much as 6 times more posts on stories or items about Casey than any other story they cover...even if the people posting are not in "favor" of Casey, they are apparently engaged...

Perfect example again of illogical thinking people. GA was not on trial. There was NO evidence of a drowning. A child drowning and being ductaped and thrown out like garbage is not indicative of an accidental drowning.

It is not reasonable to assume Caylee drowned. There is no evidence of a drowning. The jurors and who ever believes this has absolutely no ability to reason logically.

Thinking she drowned is speculation and totally based on emotion which, btw, was the entire bag of tricks used by the Defense. The jury was not able to see it, thus making them a complete emotionally driven group...which worked for acquittal.

The Scott Peterson jury found him guilty and they had no cause of death and nothing actually proving Scott was the killer! The cases are similar to me with the evidence. It's completely obvious they are both GUILTY! I just don't understand.

My biggest problem is the short amount of time the jury deliberated. It wasn't enough to actually go through everything. I would still be very unhappy if the jury had spent more time and came back with the same verdict, but I could have accepted it better.

The difference with the Scott Peterson jury was they had connections to the crime and Scott Peterson.
The boat that was bought, and he didn't tell anybody about it.
The cement anchors that he made.
The fact that he was fishing (and was seen) at the marina, in the boat he bought, at the same vacinity that the remains were found.

This is the difference for the jury.
What is the connection for Casey to the crime.
They said chloroform but didn't produce a connection. No proof she made it, no proof or connection she bought the ingredience to make it.
The Duck Tape, nothing to connect her to it. The only thing is she had excess to it. These two things were suppose to be the murder weapons.
There wasn't a connect to the place they found Caylee as to Casey being there.
It doesn't sound like much but it would have made a big difference if the procecution could have made some sort of connection.

Boycotts can be quite effective. I have boycotted ALL things Nestle since 1970, and several other companies, including Exxon.

Three comments, mildly OT:

I have had it with Jean Casarez. She is so melodramatic! She exaggerates to the extreme and seems to never check her facts, not only in this case but most anything she speaks on.

I started seeing numerous comments on how sexy and attractive ICA is!(don't know her new name...) Really? I know she looked better before she killed Caylee, but attractive? Hot? Sexy? I heard on NG tonight and have read it online that she is sexy. What? Maybe men think she is, but I do not. But to hear SO many comments about her alleged "hotness" is disturbing to me. I never heard any of this prior to the erroneous acquittal.

The amount of money purportedly being offered to ICA and her family is sickening. Really disgusting. All of them are nauseating to me now.
And why oh why are they using that guy from the Enquirer as a legitimate source of information? Do some of your own investigative journalism for once!

Why wouldn't the jury think that... after all:

It was GEORGE who went off for 31 days claiming (by phone to Cindy) he had Caylee with him at Disney, Tampa and other exciting places;
It was GEORGE who by his own statement had Caylee;
It was GEORGE who had Casey's car in which evidence was discovered;
It was GEORGE who told Lee that Zenaida: #1 story: Had Caylee at her place and Casey did not want to disturb her sleep; #2 story: Had held Casey down in the park and kidnapped her;
It was GEORGE who insisted Caylee was still alive he was sure that she would be home soon and they could all be a family again;
It was GEORGE who refused to talk further with FBI & investigative team
It was GEORGE who sat in jail for almost 3 years refusing to disclose that it was all just an unfortunate accident.

And now, following the jury's logic it was GEORGE who, after an accidental drowning, wrapped the beloved child in a blanket and plastic bags and disposed of her in a swampy area instead of calling 911.

This is the reasonable doubt?! The jury sounds more and more intelligent with every utterance.

1. A mother who doesn't report her child missing and is out partying, not coming home for 31 days is about all reasonable people would need to know she did away with her child.
2. Caylee's hair in the trunk
3. decomp in the trunk.

Casey had possession of the car for the 31 days. Any other speculation that casey isn't involved in her daughter's death is speculative and not reasonable. To get 17 people to all think alike required some sort of bonding prior to deliberation. They appear to all think the same and they appeared to bond emotionally with the defendent.

This really isn't the right thread for the discussion of the jurors, IMO...just saying...

NO. Sorry, but that is incorrect. And that is the point I was trying to make. The way the body was disposed is NOT the way an accidental death is dealt with.
As a matter of fact, ZERO PERCENT of the accidentally drowned children in Orange county were disposed of in that way previously. People call 911 and seek help.

BUT in the case of homicide, THAT is how children are disposed of. See the difference? People who ACCIDENTALLY lose their children do not party and obstruct the investigation, sit in jail for years and THEN tell their sad tale of accidental drowning.

The disposal of the body had all of the hallmarks of a homicide and none of the ones of an accidental death. So what did the jury do with that info? They decided that George may have killed her. Morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675