2012.02.10 - Dateline tonight

Yes, it was a hatchet and we knew about it the next when the autopsy was done.

Thanks, I just went and found the thread. I was watching Dateline and when I heard that, I had to rewind, I couldn't believe it. I can only take this in small doses, it feels like a kick in the stomach every time I think about it. I don't know how the Coxes make it through the day.

Eww JP is parroting what SP said about Susan being proud of her smooth freshly waxed legs. Man, he has a flat affect

I noticed that too. Especially the "waxed" part. Most people "shave" their legs. I doubt Susan had them waxed, so he definitely was just copying what his dad said.

It's chilling how alike JP and SP were. Even down to that evil smirk they had when they talked about Susan. Sent chills right through me.

A hatchet is a hand tool with a tooled sharp blade that can chop like an axe and maybe 1 1/2' in length handle, but an ax takes two hands usually with a longer handle (ah, I forget how long but about 3' to cut logs etc..)...both can be a weapon. The blade can be extra sharp to cut like a knife.

I'm having a hard time as to why he'd scare them as a father if he loved them & hurt them but not kill them to die in the fire, chloroform them, hit them on the head, would have been easier even if he had to drug the case worker. She wakes up and they are all dead. He must have figured this plan out after work on Friday night, he couldn't score the easier methods to pull this off?, Certainly his expression I saw in court tonight on Dateline he knew he was done. Maybe at that moment he planned this. Guess I don't need to really know when, I just, well, can't express my feelings on this just yet. It's too much.

The tools used and method? He knew he couldn't fake it anymore. Now he was cornered and these tests would prove it. Why in the hell did he he kill them this way? That's just evil.

"I feel strongly that t judge did everything possible to protect t boys."

Epiph: I have no idea who gentleman was who just said that.

I think you may be talking about Kirk Graves (JP's sister Jennifer's husband).

They were planning on adopting the boys once JP was arrested and trial was over and both boys were in a good place emotionally.

The couple has 5 kids and even went out and bought a bigger van to accomodate the boys.

You can probably google their names and watch the videos. It is a 2-part video. Jennifer amazes me how level headed and normal she is compared to the rest of the Powell family.

I swear, when I very first saw the video of JP when this case first broke in 2009 (the one with the toboggan on), I truly thought he was slow mentally. I really thought there was something wrong with him. No affect at all.

I noticed that too. Especially the "waxed" part. Most people "shave" their legs. I doubt Susan had them waxed, so he definitely was just copying what his dad said.

Your post triggered this thought in my head...It has been said that Josh was a cruel controller of the finances. Having your legs waxed at a salon costs money...even buying a "home wax" kit is a little pricey. IMO, I doubt Josh let her use anything besides a generic 2 blade razor!

No, just speculation. Perhaps from Josh's employment as a programmer. Salary range: 40-60,000.

Since JP was a software programmer, I hope he didn't have the ability to design these anime parent-sex videos and making money from it.

Since JP was a software programmer, I hope he didn't have the ability to design these anime parent-sex videos and making money from it.

Dang, that was my first thought. Haven't heard a word about that yet though.

Thanks to all of ya'll who took one for the team, watched the programs, and relayed the information. I just cannot bring myself to look at JP another time.

Your post triggered this thought in my head...It has been said that Josh was a cruel controller of the finances. Having your legs waxed at a salon costs money...even buying a "home wax" kit is a little pricey. IMO, I doubt Josh let her use anything besides a generic 2 blade razor!

I tried one of the "home wax" kits one time and it was not a pretty sight, not to mention vey painful.

I have never had my legs done because of the time/expense, so you are exactly right. She was probably lucky to get a twin blade and too busy with a 2 yr. old and 4 yr. old. Moms don't have too much time for themselves.

Your comment got me thinking ... how would LE necessarily know the videos were parent-child sex unless it was advertised as such - OR they were able to recognize the participants even in cartoon form (as in Josh/one of the boys, or Steven/one of the boys.)

Don't want to think of this possibility, but with the Josh and Steven team, anything is possible.

A hatchet is a hand tool with a tooled sharp blade that can chop like an axe and maybe 1 1/2' in length handle, but an ax takes two hands usually with a longer handle (ah, I forget how long but about 3' to cut logs etc..)...both can be a weapon. The blade can be extra sharp to cut like a knife.

I'm having a hard time as to why he'd scare them as a father if he loved them & hurt them but not kill them to die in the fire, chloroform them, hit them on the head, would have been easier even if he had to drug the case worker. She wakes up and they are all dead. He must have figured this plan out after work on Friday night, he couldn't score the easier methods to pull this off?, Certainly his expression I saw in court tonight on Dateline he knew he was done. Maybe at that moment he planned this. Guess I don't need to really know when, I just, well, can't express my feelings on this just yet. It's too much.

The tools used and method? He knew he couldn't fake it anymore. Now he was cornered and these tests would prove it. Why in the hell did he he kill them this way? That's just evil.

ITA. You could almost see the wheels turning at that point.

I just watched 20/20 episode which I DVR'd, that poor case worker she said she was like a grandmother to them and had supervised their visits 24 times. She said the boys were very happy and excited about seeing their dad that day. I feel so very sorry for her.

Couldn't DVR Dateline as family watching another show. Thanks for the updates here on that one. Hope I can watch that episode on-line or YouTube tomorrow.

Josh calling himself a software programmer was a little exagerated by him. He couldn't handle the most simple projects his employer gave him and had (Kiirsi's?) husband do them for him. It was very annoying to be bothered at nights and weekends to do their neighbors job for him.

It was posted here or on another thread that the cartoons were not anime but rather lifelike, like a Poser program. Uisng Poser or 3-D art in a kiddie *advertiser censored* genre is skirting the law. I do believe he and steve made money from this.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime"]Anime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poser"]Poser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Josh calling himself a software programmer was a little exagerated by him. He couldn't handle the most simple projects his employer gave him and had (Kiirsi's?) husband do them for him. It was very annoying to be bothered at nights and weekends to do their neighbors job for him.

His web-site design was laughable. All of the powell family websites were amateurish.

Dateline: When Josh spoke of Susan "waxing", that sick smirk, looked like he lit up in his eyes.

I am so glad JP is dead. Sorry to be so blunt.

ITA. You could almost see the wheels turning at that point.

Yes, between that moment and his video with KSL? in 2009 when Susan went missing Josh showed himself well. That stumbling and robotic interview showed him well. Stands out there lying about it all so stupidly, imo. It was so goofy and showed his wierd side. Big flag there. jmo One of the oddest I've seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back