2015.08.26 Jimmy Rodgers: Charged with Murder in the Second Degree

I have a question. Since Rodgers was turned over to Federal U.S. Marshalls and is in Federal custody can they not just move him to FLA? I understand that they gave him six months, but can't they just move him to FLA and make him available for questioning him there during this time?

Just Wondering.

BBM:

What happens in the Federal system is that the moment Rodgers parole was revoked in court, he would be taken into Federal custody and a new mug shot would be taken as well as new fingerprints. Then Rodgers could be held in the local jail until transport to a Federal facility. There are several 'hubs' all over this country for induction into the Federal system. An example is Louisiana, and the 'hub' for induction is Kansas City. A Federal inmate from Louisiana may even wind up in California or some state far from his/her home state (or state convicted in). So, yes, Rodgers can be moved to Florida any time the Federal authorities want to do so.

Rodgers could be sent to a Florida Federal facility to serve his time. That way, he would already be in Florida when released from Federal custody. The local Florida authorities will certainly have a retainer on him and pick him up from the Federal facility on his last day served. *A Federal inmate has to serve a minimum of 85% of his/her time.

One thing for sure is that we will not know the actual time when and if he is transported to Florida. Transport of inmates, both Federal, State, and local is kept confidential until after they are transported.

Ever seen the movie 'Con Air'? I use that as an example because there really is air transport of inmates flown to the 'hub' for induction into the Federal system. Where the inmates are inducted depends on what region of the country they are in. 'Con Air' is an extreme example of what the transport is like. The transport is usually done without fanfare or incident even though the inmates are very closely guarded.

I am not verified so I will just say, IMO.

He sure could. He may be housed (wherever he is) in one of the more secure ones due to the fact he has a 2nd degree murder charge hanging over his head!

*I don't mean to imply that Rodgers is even in Florida!

I was hoping more along the lines of if he was housed in Fl would that speed anything up as far as the trial or the Fl documents dumping? Not sure how that works....

You can check here periodically to find out if Jimmy Rodgers has arrived at a detention facility in the Federal Bureau of Prisons and the location of that facility:
http://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/

This is his most recent incarceration at BOP in 2014:
JIMMY RODGERS 36938-044 25 White Male 09/24/2014 RELEASED

Unless the inmate is in the Witness Protection Program, they should be found by the above BOP search.

You can check here periodically to find out if Jimmy Rodgers has arrived at a detention facility in the Federal Bureau of Prisons and the location of that facility:
http://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/

This is his most recent incarceration at BOP in 2014:
JIMMY RODGERS 36938-044 25 White Male 09/24/2014 RELEASED

Unless the inmate is in the Witness Protection Program, they should be found by the above BOP search.

Thank you! Why do you think he isn't in the Federal system yet? Do things simply move slow?

Thank you! Why do you think he isn't in the Federal system yet? Do things simply move slow?

Because he could be in the induction process is one reason. Just as in state custody, anyone being sent to a state or Federal prison goes through an induction process. That can take up to 30 days or more. Just depends on the location.

Also not unheard of is a Federal judge giving consent to keep him at the local jail/detention center as this investigation is ongoing. He would still be serving Federal time but has just not gone through the induction process.

MOO

Yes, often things move sooooo slow with the corrections facilities. He's likely in limbo, being processed, waiting for facility assignment, etc.

A possible scenario is, if JR is talking, he could be given Witness Protection status.

<modsnip>

IMO, JR could be in protected status wherever he is being housed (and probably is).

http://www.winknews.com/2015/09/04/...w-sievers-murder-suspect-was-linked-to-crime/

"Rodgers was caught at a Wal-Mart on Six Mile Cypress Parkway in Fort Myers, the night before Sievers’ murder, setting his arrest in motion."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Rodgers was caught at a Walmart the night before the murder? Does anyone know why a guy from Missouri was even on law enforcement's radar in Florida to begin with? Did he have an outstanding warrant? And if Rodgers was arrested, he must have been released very soon afterwards to still carry out the murder. Good going, F.L.E.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/09/04/...w-sievers-murder-suspect-was-linked-to-crime/

"Rodgers was caught at a Wal-Mart on Six Mile Cypress Parkway in Fort Myers, the night before Sievers&#8217; murder, setting his arrest in motion."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Rodgers was caught at a Walmart the night before the murder? Does anyone know why a guy from Missouri was even on law enforcement's radar in Florida to begin with? Did he have an outstanding warrant? And if Rodgers was arrested, he must have been released very soon afterwards to still carry out the murder. Good going, F.L.E.

I believe you are reading the article the wrong way. LE saw him on video at Wal-Mart after the crime occurred. The tape he was on was from the night before TS was found. CWW and JR were in the video together. Rodgers was not arrested and released that night. Something at the crime scene most likely led them to check security video at the local Wal-Mart.

I believe you are reading the article the wrong way. LE saw him on video at Wal-Mart after the crime occurred. The tape he was on was from the night before TS was found. CWW and JR were in the video together. Rodgers was not arrested and released that night. Something at the crime scene most likely led them to check security video at the local Wal-Mart.

JR may have left the tag on the hammer if he purchased it there.:scared: He doesnt seem like the brightest crayon in the box.

You're right that the video (not LE) is what "caught him at Walmart" but the article is poorly worded and I didn't see surveillance mentioned until two paragraphs later. Those pesky MSM writers make our job so much harder! :banghead:
Thanks for the clear summary. MSM should hire you! :)

Rodgers was caught at a Wal-Mart on Six Mile Cypress Parkway in Fort Myers, the night before Sievers’ murder, setting his arrest in motion.
For the first time, we are hearing he wasn’t alone. Sheriff Scott says Wright was with him.
Sheriff Scott says evidence, including surveillance, helped deputies pin them down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back