2016.02.26 Mark D. Sievers: ***ARREST*** GJ charged with Murder in the 1st Degree #2

He feels entitled to have a "private investigator" thrown into his mix of freebies as well.
I see he's still trying to get his bond reduced. No telling what he is feeding those little girls during his numerous daily phone calls. My heart actually hurts for MAG.

So, why is it his defense lawyers booked time for a judge and courtroom, but neglected to be prepared at all? :notgood:

"Doing so would allow Sievers to have his trial costs covered by the Justice Administrative Commission, a taxpayer-funded organization that provides administrative services on behalf of judicial related entities."

So WE will pay for his defense? Disgusting.
That is my question also. Not only will we pay for his defense attorney fees but isn't his lawyer a private attorney, not a public defender that an indigenous person would receive?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

a case management conference is where the court and attorneys try to agree on the timeline of the trial progression. Discovery to be complete by X date, experts to be selected by Y date, pre-trial to take place the week of, trial to start Z week.

Wasn't there supposed to be a case management hearing today for MS at 1:30? Did they have it? is it over?

Wasn't there supposed to be a case management hearing today for MS at 1:30? Did they have it? is it over?

The dates have been changed because CWW sentencing date will now be after the trials for the other two....the dates are several posts back. I will look for them in a bit.

Edit.....go to thread for Curtis Wayne Wright charged with murder 2nd degree
Date July 26, 2016
Post 638 By Greater Than (forum mod)

The sentencing date was changed because of request of CWW and attorney want the sentencing date After the trials....there is a link to the legal doc at this post.

Now will look for the info on the case management.....has to do with defense not having a piece of paper.

Greater Than posted on July 25, post 196 the following with the link...this talks about the one missing paper
this is under the Mark D. Sievers Arrest #2

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...government-agency-cover-trial-costs/87525846/

If the judge chooses to remove the DP due to the original absence of "Aggravating Factors", I'll be royaly pi$$ed BECAUSE the SAO, namely the Assistant State Attny, did not file/include the "Aggravating Factors" within the "The Notice of Intent" to use the DP. I hope I'm wrong on this. For the "Aggravating Factors" to be left out in a case this prolific is inexcusable.

Oooops, mods.... sorry, thought I was on another thread as this came up on this one due to MS in court 2 consecutive days but on different issues. Move my post if needed.

That is my question also. Not only will we pay for his defense attorney fees but isn't his lawyer a private attorney, not a public defender that an indigenous person would receive?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yep, he's got a private Attny. From what I understand, if a private Attny agrees to defend an indigent client then they are paid the same as it would cost for a public Attny---someone here please correct me if I'm wrong on this. MS is used to living & surviving off of someone else's dime.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32555829/mark-sievers-attorneys-motion-to-strike-death-penalty
Mark Sievers' attorneys motion to strike death penalty

--snip

On Wednesday, Mark Sievers learned more about where his case stands as he faces the death penalty.

It was a pretty brief hearing, and a large part of it happened at the judge's bench -- where all parties were called up to speak privately.
In open court, Mark Sievers' attorneys addressed their motions to strike the death penalty and demanded grand jury testimony be public.

Yep, he's got a private Attny. From what I understand, if a private Attny agrees to defend an indigent client then they are paid the same as it would cost for a public Attny---someone here please correct me if I'm wrong on this. MS is used to living & surviving off of someone else's dime.

IMO private attorney was promised $$$ from the millions of life insurance policies IF MS is found not guilty. The word is IF. That IMO is why this private attorney is taking the case for the $20,000.00 to be paid for by the state. I wonder how much MS family has already paid out, as that was said by Fagga that the family has been paying the fees up to now. I would think that any amounts paid to this attorney, by the family or others, should be made public since the attorney will be representing MS at the rates of the defenders office. I bet the public never see that amount of money Sievers ;);)family and or friends has already paid....they would have to answer as where they got that kind of money. ;)

Do we know who [CT] is? I notice the request from the attorney of MS for the testimony of [CT] and the state providing the testimony/statements.

Do we know who [CT] is? I notice the request from the attorney of MS for the testimony of [CT] and the state providing the testimony/statements.

On July 19, 2015, Detective Downs and Sergeant Lebid met with CT at his residence in Hillsboro Missouri. The purpose for the contact was based on Curtis Wayne Wright's claim that he was working on CT's vehicle at his shop and that he would be able to provide an alibi. CT explained that Curtis Wright was commissioned to work on one of his vehicles however has not completed the work. CT stated that he owns the trailer park where Wright lives and he works on the vehicle to lower his rent. CT did confirm the aforementioned text messaging with Wright about going to Florida on June 27, 2015, however stated he had not seen him the entire weekend. CT went on to state that he had not had any contact with Wright since June 25, 2015 and that no work had been completed on his vehicle. The vehicle was un-drivable and currently being stored in his shop in Hillsboro, Missouri.

-Nin

On July 19, 2015, Detective Downs and Sergeant Lebid met with CT at his residence in Hillsboro Missouri. The purpose for the contact was based on Curtis Wayne Wright's claim that he was working on CT's vehicle at his shop and that he would be able to provide an alibi. CT explained that Curtis Wright was commissioned to work on one of his vehicles however has not completed the work. CT stated that he owns the trailer park where Wright lives and he works on the vehicle to lower his rent. CT did confirm the aforementioned text messaging with Wright about going to Florida on June 27, 2015, however stated he had not seen him the entire weekend. CT went on to state that he had not had any contact with Wright since June 25, 2015 and that no work had been completed on his vehicle. The vehicle was un-drivable and currently being stored in his shop in Hillsboro, Missouri.

-Nin

Thank you NIN! Is the statement from CT part of discovery already released?

Thank you NIN! Is the statement from CT part of discovery already released?

Bates 4590
Text downloaded from CWW's phone between CWW and CT – talking about the trip to Fl.
CT asks what part of FL he;s going to, asking if CWW could use some company (paraphrasing) etc.

Greater Than posted on July 25, post 196 the following with the link...this talks about the one missing paper
this is under the Mark D. Sievers Arrest #2

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...government-agency-cover-trial-costs/87525846/

So, why is it his defense lawyers booked time for a judge and courtroom, but neglected to be prepared at all? :notgood:
Because this is how MS and his defense team roll. This is the 2nd. time they have been to court and unprepared to continue. BTW, does anyone know what document was missing?

1. The hearing had to be cancelled because Sievers' defense team needed more time and was missing "one more document," said Antonio Faga, a private lawyer representing Sievers.

Ben Brasch ‏@ben_brasch 3h3 hours ago Fort Myers, FL
2. Sievers attorney didn't notify Wright's attorney Wright would be only witness f theirs. We'll start trial, but Judge Branning ain't happy.

"You stood before this court yesterday and announced ready for trial knowing you hadn't contacted Mr. Wright's attorney. We can not proceed without Mr. Wright's attorney. There is no way," said Branning, who added that he allowed the continuation also because of statutory time requirements for getting the proceedings underway

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kennedy1227
Back