2023 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Been trying to clean up the storm debri and now I'm dealing with poison Ivy from my ankles up to the back of my thighs and very bad behind my knees. :oops:. Hurts like a Mother.
I hope you see a doctor ASAP. You sound like you're having a severe reaction.

I have a severe allergy to poison ivy. In the event you are unaware, the vine that melons grow on, is in the same family as poison ivy. I now carry an epi pen because my last reaction was bad.

I hope you see a doctor ASAP. You sound like you're having a severe reaction.

I have a severe allergy to poison ivy. In the event you are unaware, the vine that melons grow on, is in the same family as poison ivy. I now carry an epi pen because my last reaction was bad.
In a lot of pain. Calling my doctor tomorrow.

Been trying to clean up the storm debri and now I'm dealing with poison Ivy from my ankles up to the back of my thighs and very bad behind my knees. :oops:. Hurts like a Mother.
Poison Ivy is not fun.

Feel Better

JMO

ETA - Just adding a link to an idea. 5% Topical Lidocane Numbing Spray.

Last edited:
Tropical Storm RINA
As of 18:00 UTC Sep 28, 2023:

Maximum Winds: 35 kt Gusts: N/A
Minimum Central Pressure: 1004 mb
Environmental Pressure: N/A
Radius of Circulation: N/A
Radius of Maximum wind: 50 nm
34 kt Wind Radii by Quadrant:

Tropical Storm PHILIPPE
As of 18:00 UTC Sep 28, 2023:

Maximum Winds: 40 kt Gusts: N/A
Minimum Central Pressure: 1003 mb
Environmental Pressure: N/A
Radius of Circulation: N/A
Radius of Maximum wind: 80 nm
34 kt Wind Radii by Quadrant:

Jewelweed works for poison ivy, if you can find any growing wild. Speaking from experience. MOO YMMV

Last edited:
I believe they are not affected by the shutdown, but I'm not certain.
Quote from the article (sorry about that, but IMO it's better to post here than edit my previous post):

"The work of the NWS is critical and necessary to protect life and property in the country and parts of the world through international agreements," said Sarah Teefey, National Weather Service meteorologist, in an email. "Under a lapse of appropriation, the day-to-day operational work of the National Weather Service continues."

The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is a division of the National Weather Service (NWS), which is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), which is a branch of the U.S. Department of Commerce, which will be affected by any government shutdowns.

However, personnel in the federal government who are deemed "essential" will continue working. The NWS will continue to provide critical forecast, watch and warning information to protect life and property as it has in previous shutdowns.

[...]

"NWS provides the nation with continuous climate, water, space weather, weather observations, forecasts and warnings, and Impact-based Decision Support Services (IDSS) during hazardous conditions," the U.S. Department of Commerce said in its 2023 appropriations lapse contingency plan. [PDF] "This work is critical and necessary to protect life and property in the country and parts of the world through international agreements. Offices operate on a 24 hour/7 days a week or 16 hour/7 days a week schedule to provide forecasts, warnings, data, critical expertise, and IDSS."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back