4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certainly not advocating in favor of traumatizing anyone but LE has three main objectives with a raid: taking the suspect into custody, making sure no innocent people are hurt or taken hostage, and making sure they all go home safely. LE typically doesn't know any of the people in that house, the family dynamics, or if there are any weapons to be worried about. Will the parents attempt to help their son or simply stand aside? Will the target surrender or opt for a shootout? Taking everyone in the residence by surprise minimizes the opportunity for any organized resistance as well as making it less likely that there is any time for the target to take anyone hostage or access weapons. Doing their best to assure everyone's safety is, in many ways, the most humane and civilized thing LE can do. MOOooo

Also: searching the house is a goal; and without people attempting to hide evidence.

DM published a much longer list (probably from the house warrant - there were three warrants).

There's a kitchen knife (taken for obvious reasons). A black mask. A black hat. Black Jacket. And about 60 other items including a laptop:

This is just the last page.

1677771197455.png

Looking at the list of seized items, I worry that something horrible was going to happen soon in Pennsylvania, if he hadn't been arrested. He had a Glock with 3 magazines and a receipt. Apparently he did not yet have ammunition.

The gloves in the store could simply be because meat was present, but I suspect the two traffic stops in short succession during his trip home may have tipped him off that he was a suspect. He knew enough not to leave traceable DNA.

I wonder if the "curls" are souvenirs from Idaho.

Looking at the list of seized items, I worry that something horrible was going to happen soon in Pennsylvania, if he hadn't been arrested. He had a Glock with 3 magazines and a receipt. Apparently he did not yet have ammunition.
A killer with nothing to lose is terrifying. The mags were empty. Wonder if he was practicing. JIM

The gloves in the store could simply be because meat was present, but I suspect the two traffic stops in short succession during his trip home may have tipped him off that he was a suspect. He knew enough not to leave traceable DNA.

I wonder if the "curls" are souvenirs from Idaho.
Coming from home these could have been anyone’s (the gun, but really any of it no?) IMO, edited to remove “s” from gun bc I only see one listed

I'm certainly not advocating in favor of traumatizing anyone but LE has three main objectives with a raid: taking the suspect into custody, making sure no innocent people are hurt or taken hostage, and making sure they all go home safely. LE typically doesn't know any of the people in that house, the family dynamics, or if there are any weapons to be worried about. Will the parents attempt to help their son or simply stand aside? Will the target surrender or opt for a shootout? Taking everyone in the residence by surprise minimizes the opportunity for any organized resistance as well as making it less likely that there is any time for the target to take anyone hostage or access weapons. Doing their best to assure everyone's safety is, in many ways, the most humane and civilized thing LE can do. MOOooo

I understand that's the objective, but I don't believe it's accurate to say they're making sure no innocent people are hurt. People do get hurt in these raids and those not hurt physically, are hurt psychologically. The deep psychological wounds people are left with after these raids shouldn't be ignored. BK's parents did nothing wrong as far as we know, yet they were victims of the raid and everything else aside, the raid alone has no doubt changed their lives. I get it, it had to be done and this is how it had to be done. But I go back to, I can't believe we don't have a better way. These raids are not ok, IMO.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member