4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he took ID cards from the victims as souvenirs? Just a really chilling thought and it may explain why the number of cards is not included.
If that's the case he's cooked. I don't believe he would have the victim's ID stored like that though if he did take it and I don't think he had time to rummage around during the murders finding ID...Could be that he just keeps old ID's of his in a glove in a box...I guess.

Edited spelling

Last edited:
I understand that's the objective, but I don't believe it's accurate to say they're making sure no innocent people are hurt. People do get hurt in these raids and those not hurt physically, are hurt psychologically. The deep psychological wounds people are left with after these raids shouldn't be ignored. BK's parents did nothing wrong as far as we know, yet they were victims of the raid and everything else aside, the raid alone has no doubt changed their lives. I get it, it had to be done and this is how it had to be done. But I go back to, I can't believe we don't have a better way. These raids are not ok, IMO.

MOO.
I am generally pretty pro law enforcement but I have to say I am not a big fan of police raids. Certainly some times they are totally necessary, but I really question that need many times. They actually create a lot of danger to suspects, officers and citizens. But I really think that law enforcement gets into a mentality that since they have SWAT teams, that they need to find reasons to use the SWAT team.

What if he took ID cards from the victims as souvenirs? Just a really chilling thought and it may explain why the number of cards is not included.
That crossed my mind too, unlikely as it might seem... plus it makes no sense that they would have just written "curls" IMO. Wouldn't it at least have been "hair curls/curls of hair" for clarity if it was actually human hair?

If I'm not mistaken, the items listed were seized from the home in PA and not items owned by BK.

They could be his. He surely had a laptop and it was not found at his own apartment. Surely the clothing is his.

The kitchen knife is likely not owned by BK - but the warrant was for the whole home. BK chose to go to his parents' house and risk that some of their possessions might be taken if deemed relevant (a knife, to me, is relevant - if they do not rule out that knife, later on the defense will come back - as the defense is doing in the Murdaugh case - and criticize everything not taken, not done).

I assume that when prescriptions were collected, those were all BK's. All dark clothing from the laundry could be anyone's - but DNA cannot be easily removed by laundering, so it was appropriate in my view to take all dark clothing.

Major crimes always traumatize family members and some of them have written about it. In this case, I imagine the worst part of it for the Kohbergers is that their beloved son is in jail, accused of heinous crimes. The late night arrest is probably lower on their list of trauma. If they've looked into the case (I hope they can refrain), the details are pretty traumatic.

At any rate, some of the items seized must surely belong to BK (the prescriptions, the black mask, the black hat). I imagine the shoes were either his size or found in his room.

The car search is interesting - it'll be at the Prelim in June that we likely find out whether they found victim DNA in the car.

JMO.

They stated who the guns belonged to?

I don't see that they did. The Glock is worrying. I wonder if this is the drawing mentioned (NSFW).

Obviously, it's not a drawing by Freud, but it is widely circulated and labeled in this manner. There are posters, t-shirts, etc. with labeled "What's on a man's mind" with this drawing.

But when a search warrant is for a whole house, everyone's stuff is searchable. Whether or not BK owned the weapons, he had access to them and it's part of the case and the narrative now.

BK is a wrecking ball. It strikes me as time to remember that the Moscow PD did everything they could to telegraph to him that they only wanted to talk to him (the owner of a certain white Elantra) and he had to have known they meant him (despite his Elantra being a different year). Why didn't he just go in and speak with LE back in Idaho?

Answer: mens rea, a guilty mind.

IMO. He could have saved his family from this part of it. I too would like to know who actually owned the gun.

I don't see that they did. The Glock is worrying. I wonder if this is the drawing mentioned (NSFW).

Obviously, it's not a drawing by Freud, but it is widely circulated and labeled in this manner. There are posters, t-shirts, etc. with labeled "What's on a man's mind" with this drawing.

But when a search warrant is for a whole house, everyone's stuff is searchable. Whether or not BK owned the weapons, he had access to them and it's part of the case and the narrative now.

BK is a wrecking ball. It strikes me as time to remember that the Moscow PD did everything they could to telegraph to him that they only wanted to talk to him (the owner of a certain white Elantra) and he had to have known they meant him (despite his Elantra being a different year). Why didn't he just go in and speak with LE back in Idaho?

Answer: mens rea, a guilty mind.

IMO. He could have saved his family from this part of it. I too would like to know who actually owned the gun.
I wonder if that could be the drawing they list #34 - A Man's Mind?

I am generally pretty pro law enforcement but I have to say I am not a big fan of police raids. Certainly some times they are totally necessary, but I really question that need many times. They actually create a lot of danger to suspects, officers and citizens. But I really think that law enforcement gets into a mentality that since they have SWAT teams, that they need to find reasons to use the SWAT team.

Frankly, in this case, from almost the beginning, it appeared to me that LE (including FBI profilers) were very, very concerned about the psychiatric/psychological condition of this perpetrator. I think they feared suicide by cop. As soon as the WSU police contacted Moscow PD about BK (on Nov 29? I can't remember), they knew they had one of those people who is somewhere in the ball park of a bad cop. A criminal justice and criminology student; a man who had applied to work at a police department; etc. This is one of those Big Red Flags.

I also believe that the details of the crime were specific and horrific and pointed to a certain type of (deranged) killer, someone who was an extreme danger to others. These kinds of perps are not predictable and, well, many mass murderers who kill strangers do kill themselves or manage to die in the event. It's part of their plan. They had to assume it would be part of BK's back-up plan.

They didn't want him to go down in a hail of bullets or have an armed stand-off with PA LE or injure/kill his parents in a fire fight with police. Bullets go through walls. BK must surely have seemed *very* unstable as the news from WSU came in (profs, department, etc).

I figured this would happen all along. People have holed up in their houses, fired weapons, killed themselves or officers in situations like this. LE doesn't take chances. I think the no knock warrant was considered very carefully and time of day chosen carefully as well. The preparations for arresting Joe DeAngelo without incident were considerable (and the FBI was involved). Indeed, almost every day in America, someone barricades themselves in a house, with a weapon (and LE would surely have known of any weapons registered to any member of the household).

Here's the most recent one near me:

Man killed the K-9 officer after 36 hours of barricading and shooting at LE. This is not what LE wants and there's tons of training around these issues. They minimized the risk to officers and to his parents by doing it this way.

IMO. And IME.

I understand that's the objective, but I don't believe it's accurate to say they're making sure no innocent people are hurt. People do get hurt in these raids and those not hurt physically, are hurt psychologically. The deep psychological wounds people are left with after these raids shouldn't be ignored. BK's parents did nothing wrong as far as we know, yet they were victims of the raid and everything else aside, the raid alone has no doubt changed their lives. I get it, it had to be done and this is how it had to be done. But I go back to, I can't believe we don't have a better way. These raids are not ok, IMO.

MOO.
I get what you are saying, and although the objective is to keep innocent people safe, I agree that doesn't always happen. Unfortunately, there are a limited number of ways to extract one dangerous person from a group without creating a scenario where that dangerous person has time to commit more harm in any number of ways. A lot of people make their living figuring out the least terrible way to do that. So far, a raid is the least terrible option those people have managed to come up with. Is there a better way? Possibly, but I've never heard an option suggested that couldn't end up just as badly.

I get what you are saying, and although the objective is to keep innocent people safe, I agree that doesn't always happen. Unfortunately, there are a limited number of ways to extract one dangerous person from a group without creating a scenario where that dangerous person has time to commit more harm in any number of ways. A lot of people make their living figuring out the least terrible way to do that. So far, a raid is the least terrible option those people have managed to come up with. Is there a better way? Possibly, but I've never heard an option suggested that couldn't end up just as badly.

Scrutiny of these raids is a recent development, relatively speaking. I think as we get to know and see the true extent of the psychological terror we put innocent people in through these raids, there will be other options created. I feel for the Kohbergers and whoever else was in the home that night (BK's sisters, their families? Hopefully no kids. It was the holiday season, so who knows).

That's an awful lot of black or dark clothing - though I don't know what would be considered normal these days for a young man.

That was my thinking as well.
IMO. He could have saved his family from this part of it.
Agreed. I feel for them so much.

I haven't seen any "pro-Khoberger" groupies, but I have seen some individuals convinced the police got the wrong guy. I wonder if that's what they mean.

If so, I don't think that's a reason to ban anyone, but private forums can have their own rules, obviously. I wish the wheels of justice would move more quickly, but I understand why it's essential to give both sides ample time to prove their cases.

BTW, people might have different opinion about BK’s measure of guilt. I haven’t seen the banned entity, but I would strongly suspect it was more of the type CW and SW forums have degraded into, on a different SM.

I am merely against using the word “killer” when describing a person who is only accused. And I shall protest most such cases. (Different case, but British tabloids were dragging LL through the mud, and despite my own opinion about the case, I consider it poor journalism and manipulation of public opinion.)

At one point, a publication published (then took down - probably via court order) a alleged copy of the latent print. Or so they said, so take with a grain of salt. It was alleged to be the Van's footprint (it was in two major MSM outlets, but again, no link because not available). Still, I think it's likely the print (this was before the gag order) and if definitely showed wear patterns. So, IMO and without any link to show the print, I will say that IF that was the print they certainly do have good evidence about several aspects about the murderer's left foot.

Enough to show whether BK could have worn the shoe - for example, length of each toe seems visible. Height of arch etc. At any rate, such a footprint would definitely help identify the killer.

IMO.

Personally, I do not think he was wearing the flashlight or the gloves when they came into his room to arrest him. It's possible he wasn't asleep, of course, and it's possible he was getting ready to roam around in a place where he needed that flashlight, but it's unlikely. The clothes are probably what he dressed in when they told him to get dressed and they found nothing else of a physical nature in his room.

IMO.
I am so upset that I missed the print! I did not know about this. It must have been there and gone in a flash. In any event, I am glad someone like you DID see it, as I trust your judgement. I also agree with everything in your last paragraph...IMO

That's an awful lot of black or dark clothing - though I don't know what would be considered normal these days for a young man.
I don't know, but my clothing has mostly been black since I was a teenager. While black is a practical choice for home invaders and cat burglars, it can also be just as simple as liking black. I like that if I spill food on it, it isn't ruined forever. Also, it goes with everything.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member