4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stuck on the pink zipper in the baggie. Why would he have a pink zipper in his car?
I thought it meant that the baggie has a pink zipper, just a way for LE to describe the baggie that was seized. "... a baggie with a pink zipper." Zippers on baggies come in all kinds of colors. Just my interpretation of the description of items seized from the car. In my car I have a couple of baggies with blue zippers.

Could possibly be alternate identities; might have been preparing to disappear?
Didn't consider that yet. Anything is possible at this point, for sure! If he wanted to disappear, he surely took too long. He had to know that LE would quickly find his PA address if they were on his trail.

IMO, it will be really interesting to see specifics about the evidence against him at the prelim and trial. With all of the talk about his intelligence and PhD, I'm looking forward to seeing just how foolish he may have been--I have a feeling that every piece of evidence that he wasn't so brilliant may hurt him more than anything else.

All JMO

In the bodycam footage when BK and his dad were stopped twice during the drive back to PA, I didn't see BK wearing gloves of any kind.

I am guessing he had some gloves in his pants pockets so he would have them if he was out and about (either doing something nefarious or when shopping since I think there have been mentions of him wearing gloves when grocery shopping).

MOO.
I keep disposable gloves in my car and use them when I get gas and for various other things. Since BK was driving across the country, there would be many stops for gas, so he may have kept gloves handy for that reason and other stops.

I keep going back and forth in my mind about the forceful raid - the danger of collateral damage, injury, and possible death to innocents.
I'm sure LE weighs all risks. One we might not have considered in our discussions here is that they were dealing with someone they believe killed four people. They had no idea what he would be doing next. For all they knew, his parents could have been the suspect's next victims. So they may have the perspective that they were possibly protecting the family.
It surely makes me thankful I'm retired and don't have any life-or-death decisions to make other than our fight with the pesky mosquitoes.

BBM. So are raids.

MOO.
Agree. IMO, raids should exist for worst-case scenarios. Not for arresting a suspect like BK in his parents' home after at least days of surveillance, unless LE saw something during surveillance that suggested BK would get violent.

BK was not an active shooter or kidnapper. I think LE could have taken him peacefully and without traumatizing his family and destroying their property. Even if they used less force that night, arriving at around 1:30 a.m. afforded them the element of surprise.

I suspect the raid occurred because this is a case followed nationally and also because LE likes to test its toys. The latter may not be a popular statement, but I'm standing by it. There are many examples of this type of LE activity that ended in lost lives.

This raid may have satisfied those of us who feel anger toward BK but that doesn't mean the raid was appropriate.

All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member