4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
But again I ask, why didn't Amazon get a warrant? Why didn't UPS drivers/FedEx drivers? Who was their mailman? IMO, it doesn't make sense to isolate DD with the above explanation. Are we thinking they never got Instacart? They didn't take the Uber-like service provided by the University back in January, February, March, etc? Why no warrants there? One thing is not like the others. There was something special about DD drivers beyond the one who delivered food that night. I'm just curious as to what that is.

MOO.
The DD warrant was not requested until 12/6. They satisfied the judge on probable cause and she approved it the same day and DD responded the following day with the requested information. Either something new came up in early December that made them look closer at DD or - more likely, they had ruled out typical suspects like friends and family, and they were down to unlikely but possible suspects.

Based on the information being requested (car driven, ID of driver, as well as any communication between the driver and person ordering) it appears to me that they were investigating whether DD deliveries had, over time, created a situation that eventually ended with the murders. MOOooo

Uni. Students w Several Bank A/Cs? Remember Those Free Toasters Ads?
But how do four 20-somethings who don't seem to be from wealthy backgrounds have so much money in college that they even need this many financial institutions? ... And college aged kids, all of whom need that many?
This whole case is very weird. MOO.
snipped by me. @BeginnerSleuther Yes, weird.
Good question and undoubtedly several things factoring in to each having multiple a/c's, and overlapping w same banks as the others. The amt of money in the a/c's or student/family's net worth is likely irrelevant imo.

I have not followed detail on the ^ banks or a/c's, but suspect some may have been opened w INCENTIVES like these:
"Enjoy 20% off your purchase of $*advertiser censored* or more, when you open a __ a/c."
"You'll save $25 on your monthly cell phone plan for opening a ____ a/c."

Think: college student (esp'ly female?) group-shopping for clothes. Who's gonna pass this ^ up? Could be SINGLE transaction a/c, good for student, not good for bank.

May be offered by e-tailers or sticks & bricks merchants of products or provider of services. Or by banks themselves, in co-op w these entities.

May explain a few (not all) of those seemingly high numbers of a/c's. jmo

Last edited:
The DD warrant was not requested until 12/6. They satisfied the judge on probable cause and she approved it the same day and DD responded the following day with the requested information. Either something new came up in early December that made them look closer at DD or - more likely, they had ruled out typical suspects like friends and family, and they were down to unlikely but possible suspects.

Based on the information being requested (car driven, ID of driver, as well as any communication between the driver and person ordering) it appears to me that they were investigating whether DD deliveries had, over time, created a situation that eventually ended with the murders. MOOooo

BBM. I agree with what's bolded. JMO.

No Apology Needed.
Apologies for typos at the end of my reply. My kitty jumped onto my keyboard as I was keying, and not only managed to create typos, but somehow also pressed the "post reply" button...
@jjleroche
[Edit: deleted a few sentences.]

Cats & many other pets are often a bit clumsy on the keyboard. Generally over time they'll gain speed and accuracy, so no need to worry. imo

Last edited:
I don't think he could have known, just like he couldn't have known Ethan would be there. That's why I'm of the opinion, at this stage, with the little we know, that the people home was less important than the crime itself.

He could have made a guess at the potential number of folks in the house, and even who some of them were if he was familiar with the cars they drove from prior stalking, but Kaylee's new car would have been completely unfamiliar to him. It could have belonged to anyone. A new housemate, a friend crashing for the night, a partner or hookup of one of the single girls. And even with the cars, any of them could have stayed out or crashed somewhere else, meaning the number home could have been anything between five housemates and zero.

If he did have a single, preferred target, he had absolutely no way of knowing they were home. He didn't watch the house for hours, waiting for them all to return. He drove up, killed, and left. He judged the risk and decided it was worth it.

In my opinion, who he killed was less important than the fact that he killed.

MOO
Do you think he parked in the street behind the house so did not see all the vehicles? Did someone drop him off and then pick him up in the front of the house?

LE’s request looks like boilerplate language for all financial institutions. I don’t see anything to indicate a card reader. But I could be wrong.

At one time the name Square specifically referred to the mini square card reader only because it was the sole product they produced. I was a beta customer. But it hasn’t been just that in years now. Hence their name change end of 2021 / start of 2022 to Block. Which better represented their portfolio of financial products.

I meant they had both Square/Block/Cash App/whatever and they also apparently seemed to have Venmo. That was in response to your post that the young kids use Cash App instead of Venmo. I was saying the victims appear to have had both, per the warrants.

MOO.

I can think of a scenario that involves Doordash without BK having to have qualified to be a driver or using some other driver's credentials.

What if (sometime in the months prior to November) he approached the house, carrying a bag from a local food spot, and pretended to be a DD driver who mistakenly went to the wrong house? Then it wouldn't matter that no one at 1122 had actually ordered, but it would give him a chance to learn a bit about the house and its occupants.

He could say "delivery for Bob" and then wait to be told "no Bob here, we have only girls living here" or even told the actual residents names, if he managed to be congenial enough and they weren't on their guard (whoever answered). He could chat up whoever answered and peek behind them to see what he could see.

Which makes me think of another comment about the house, unrelated. Due to the odd layout, it seems like it would fall to whoever was living on the lowest floor, to answer the door most of the time anyone knocked. Wouldn't that be a hassle? Or maybe it's just the hermit/introvert in me. No wonder DM moved upstairs when a room opened up. MOO

OK, one more comment. People have been asking about when the residents moved into the house. I thought we knew that some of the residents had been there only since the start of that school year but that others had been there the year prior as well. Am I misremembering?

He also could have crashed one of their parties by pretending to be Door Dash with a pizza. Who knows who ordered anything at some wild college party? JMO

Do you think he parked in the street behind the house so did not see all the vehicles? Did someone drop him off and then pick him up in the front of the house?
My personal opinion is that he did this crime alone, and did not have a 'driver'. I have no idea where he parked. As far as I know, we haven't seen any evidence yet that points to where he might have left his car. Theories have abounded, but where he parked wasn't mentioned, for example, in the PCA.

MOO

Exactly. They start with the inner circle and move out.

Social media. Kaylee or Maddie likely posted on SM that she was there or going there, IMO.

Did we ever find out why Kaylee left the house prior to graduation anyway? I know some theorized maybe because she thought she had a stalker. Did we ever get confirmation of why she'd move back home? MOO.
Wow, if Kaylee had left because she had a stalker, and went home to be safe, how sad and cruel is it that just coming back for 1 night, or a few, the worst happened.

Social media. Kaylee or Maddie likely posted on SM that she was there or going there, IMO.

Did we ever find out why Kaylee left the house prior to graduation anyway? I know some theorized maybe because she thought she had a stalker. Did we ever get confirmation of why she'd move back home? MOO.
Wow, if Kaylee had left because she had a stalker, and went home to be safe, how sad and cruel is it that just coming back for 1 night, or a few, the worst happened.

My understanding is that she had finished up all the stuff she had to be present for, and had a job lined up [EDIT: in Texas] that she was very excited about. I never saw confirmation of a stalker, just rumours that got amplified by Kaylee's family talking about them at one point.

The mention of her new job is in this article, quite a way down.

Blood oozes from home where four Idaho students were killed

Also here:

'We will find you...I won't stop'. Family of Moscow homicide victim pleading for witnesses to come forward

Stalker rumour:

University of Idaho Murders: Victim Reportedly Spoke of a Stalker Months Ago, Killer Passed Survivors' Room

Family mentioning potential 'connections' between BK and Kaylee:

Idaho victim's father says she had CONNECTIONS to suspected killer

Kaylee was graduating early and had moved out:

Idaho victim Kaylee Goncalves had moved out of home before stabbings

'Slid into her DMs':

Accused Idaho Killer Bryan Kohberger Repeatedly Messaged One of the Victims on Instagram: Source

'No connection' between BK and Kaylee according to Goncalves' lawyer:

Bryan Kohberger had ‘no connection’ to Idaho murder victims, family lawyer says

Last edited:
By all accounts, Kaylee's SM accounts were public at the time of her death. IMO, a person who is concerned about a stalker doesn't leave her social media accounts public and then announce when she will be back in the area where she was being stalked.

My understanding is that she had finished up all the stuff she had to be present for, and had a job lined up back home that she was very excited about. I never saw confirmation of a stalker, just rumours that got amplified by Kaylee's family talking about them at one point.

Snipped by me. The new job was in TX, not back home. IMO, why she left is still a mystery. IIRC, she left mid-semester. Sounded strange at the time and stranger now. MOO.

Not sure if this has been posted yet ... Some interesting details about some of the warrants:

"These applications were also filed prior to the arrest of Kohberger, and sought information from five retailers: Amazon, Walmart, Blue Ridge Knives, KA-BAR Knives, and eBay."

"There were two separate applications submitted to eBay."

"The warrants instructed each retailer to provide information about any individual who had purchased a KA-BAR Full Size US Marine Corps Fighting Knife or a KA-BAR 1217S.

The KA-BAR 1217S is a leather sheath for holding the 1217 model, and is stamped with the words "KA-BAR" and "USMC," the abbreviation for the United States Marine Corps."

[...]

"EBay complied with that warrant, and investigators in turn filed a second application that same day seeking information about 13 specific eBay users."

"Two of those users were listed as living in Washington, one in Idaho, and one in Pennsylvania."

<moo>

Last edited:
Snipped by me. The new job was in TX, not back home. IMO, why she left is still a mystery. IIRC, she left mid-semester. Sounded strange at the time and stranger now. MOO.
I fixed the mention of the job location in my post.

I don't recall it seeming strange to me, I think because there were discussions on here about her having finished up, somehow, and not having classes she needed to attend. She was graduating in December.

I don't know where in the threads the discussions fell, or whether there were better links than the one I found for why she was going back and forth between home and the house in Moscow. I think some people were talking about her having earned all her credits, but I don't know if they were based on hard facts or speculation. I'm sorry. It took me about an hour to assemble all the links above, from the media thread. I think to find anything else, I'd have to trawl through the threads themselves or settle in and watch dozens of news clips, and, to be frank, my Ritalin ran out hours ago, and it is not a hill I want to die on. Tl;dr, It didn't seem strange to me, but I can't recall exactly why and I don't have any links to support my impression other than the ones I already linked to.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member