4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not silly at all. Warrants require probable cause and an affidavit stating what that is. If you check the warrants, some go back to 2021, so they had PC which is more than curiosity.

from an earlier post:

I broke the warrants out into two piles - Before BK and After BK. This is not all of the warrants, just the ones that are specific to BK and the victims.

After BK

11.25 earliest, 11.29 at 12:58 a.m. latest date of IDing him
Kaylee Tinder 1.1.2021. Warrant dated 11.29.22
Why would they look at her Tinder right after IDing BK, why not before?
Kaylee Reddit 1.1.2021.
Warrant dated 12.1.22, motion for extension 12.14
Maddie Tinder 1.1.2021. Warrant dated 12.6.22
BK Google 1.1.2021. Warrant dated 1.3.23
Kaylee Google 8.1.2022 Warrant dated 12.5.22.
Kaylee Yahoo 8.1.2022 Warrant 12.1.22
(Right after he moved to WA, and on page 16 of the PCA he used cell resources at King Road residence)
BK Tinder 6.1.2022. Warrant dated 1.25.23 (same date as DropBox and right after WSU sealed)
BK Yik Yak 6.1.2022 Warrant dated 1.25.23 (same date as DropBox and right after WSU sealed)
my best guess, and this is only a guess, is that they had a pretty darned good idea what they were getting from Dropbox. just a guess though.

Dropbox anonymous and warrant dated 1.25.2023
What Dropbox requires:
https://help.dropbox.com/transparency/reports
right off their website:
“Search warrants require a showing of probable cause, must meet specificity requirements regarding the location to be searched and the items to be seized, and must be reviewed and signed by a judge or magistrate. Search warrants may be issued by local, state, or federal governments, and may only be used in criminal cases. In response to valid search warrants, we may produce non-content and content information.”
Door Dash 1.1.2022 to present Warrant dated 12.6.22 - same date as anonymous Tinder
Tinder 19 or 20 redacted 11.3.2022 to present. Warrant dated 12.6.22
Then finding something
Tinder from March 1, 2021 to March 31, 2021 for 20 redacted accounts - warrant dated 12.22.2022

This is a lot of information. I think we need to conceptualize that this was a long distance admiring that became an obsession, as he was applying to grad schools. Don't often want things to add up when it comes to murderers, but this strangely clicks the pieces of the puzzle together. Might also explain 51 TB. I'm overwhelmed with sadness for these families again.

Only now watching that recent Dateline episode. With rare exception, they don’t typically break anything new. The fact that they can actually prove that he bought that Kbar on Amazon, is unbelievable huge.

Only now watching that recent Dateline episode. With rare exception, they don’t typically break anything new. The fact that they can actually prove that he bought that Kbar on Amazon, is unbelievable huge.

I'm behind the times (been following a different case closely) ... are you saying there has been verified news that the ka bar knife was purchased by BK on Amazon!?

I'm behind the times (been following a different case closely) ... are you saying there has been verified news that the ka bar knife was purchased by BK on Amazon!?

Answering my own question, just found this link, I assume this is a verified news source. Apologies if I'm going over old ground. However, this 'news' doesn't seem to be widely reported elsewhere.

Apparently. That, and the sheath. This is courtesy of Dateline, but the odds of them not having multiple sources indicating this is probably very unlikely. The rule is typically at least two before you report something.

He ordered a KBar and sheath on Amazon 7 months before the murders (that places the order around April 2022) and apparently brought it with him to Washington: Bryan Kohberger bought Ka-Bar knife from Amazon months before murders

Some of us are suspicious that he was aware of MM and KG for much longer than just August of 2022 based on the search warrants that date back into 2021. JMO

Not silly at all. Warrants require probable cause and an affidavit stating what that is. If you check the warrants, some go back to 2021, so they had PC which is more than curiosity.

from an earlier post:

I broke the warrants out into two piles - Before BK and After BK. This is not all of the warrants, just the ones that are specific to BK and the victims.

After BK

Kaylee Reddit 1.1.2021. Warrant dated 12.1.22, motion for extension 12.14
(Right after he moved to WA, and on page 16 of the PCA he used cell resources at King Road residence)
BK Tinder 6.1.2022. Warrant dated 1.25.23 (same date as DropBox and right after WSU sealed)
BK Yik Yak 6.1.2022 Warrant dated 1.25.23 (same date as DropBox and right after WSU sealed)
my best guess, and this is only a guess, is that they had a pretty darned good idea what they were getting from Dropbox. just a guess though.

What Dropbox requires: https://help.dropbox.com/transparency/reports
right off their website:
“Search warrants require a showing of probable cause, must meet specificity requirements regarding the location to be searched and the items to be seized, and must be reviewed and signed by a judge or magistrate. Search warrants may be issued by local, state, or federal governments, and may only be used in criminal cases. In response to valid search warrants, we may produce non-content and content information.”
Door Dash 1.1.2022 to present Warrant dated 12.6.22 - same date as anonymous Tinder
Then finding something
Tinder from March 1, 2021 to March 31, 2021 for 20 redacted accounts - warrant dated 12.22.2022
Thanks for this! I only briefly saw the warrants and wasn't around much then, so I appreciate the info! Sure does look suspicious...

There is actually technology to track GPS on a turned-off cell phone. We used it to find military targets and the NSA uses it. It's called "The Find." I have no idea how it works or whether it must be used in real time or not. There are different theories in tech magazines about how it might work.

IMO. One theory is that unless the battery is removed (hard to do with modern smart phones), GPS may still be engaged with that phone. No clue, but if it's possible, I hope they are using that sort of data. When the phone was turned on, there will certainly be GPS locations to enhance the ATT data (and possibly other cell masts as well).

IMO.
RF detectors will pickup emitting GPS signals. So one could easily jam or spoof or target GPS by just listening and pretending. Even listening for devices and sending back incorrect navigation instructions. There’s a 100% legal consumer device being sold right now that will do any of those highly not legal things.

One common way that’s starting to become a favorite of local LE is by spoofing towers and satellites. But this is typically deployed at events or particularly problematic areas of a city.

The stuff that the alphabet boys are up to (CIA, FBI, NSA, ATF, DEA, DHS) are likely far far far beyond spoofing towers. Tech the Feds passed down ages ago and help commercialize.

RF detectors will pickup emitting GPS signals. So one could easily jam or spoof or target GPS by just listening and pretending. Even listening for devices and sending back incorrect navigation instructions. There’s a 100% legal consumer device being sold right now that will do any of those things. But those uses are detectable and will surely have people knocking on your door.

One common way that’s starting to become a favorite of local LE is by spoofing towers and satellites. But this is typically deployed at events or particularly problematic areas of a city.

The stuff that the alphabet boys are up to (CIA, FBI, NSA, ATF, DEA, DHS) are likely far far far beyond spoofing towers. Tech the Feds passed down ages ago and help commercialize.

Thank you so much for this. I eagerly await the trial in this case. But in the meantime, it's so interesting to learn about all of this.

IMO.

Thanks for this! I only briefly saw the warrants and wasn't around much then, so I appreciate the info! Sure does look suspicious...
I think there are a number of ways to interpret those warrants and those should not IMO be examined without the perspective of the earlier warrants. I think it's a complex story. JMO.

He ordered a KBar and sheath on Amazon 7 months before the murders (that places the order around April 2022) and apparently brought it with him to Washington: Bryan Kohberger bought Ka-Bar knife from Amazon months before murders

Some of us are suspicious that he was aware of MM and KG for much longer than just August of 2022 based on the search warrants that date back into 2021. JMO
I'm not sure that it's really been confirmed in the way I would want to see it. It was in the Dateline special, and then MSM picked it up and ran with it as if it's fact. I'm less convinced based on the Blue Ridge Knife warrant data I have posted around here somewhere.

from an earlier post:

After BK

Kaylee Reddit 1.1.2021. Warrant dated 12.1.22, motion for extension 12.14

What Dropbox requires: https://help.dropbox.com/transparency/reports
right off their website:
Then finding something
How very interesting! (And how very patient you are Sister Golden Hair, wading through all these warrants.)

Thank you so much for this. I eagerly await the trial in this case. But in the meantime, it's so interesting to learn about all of this.

IMO.
This stuff is super interesting. If consumer devices can do stuff like this imagine what military and federal tech can do!

Also, for my 70s and 80s babies I’m sure you remember when the Feds were chasing down pirate radio stations around the country. There are more recent stories of them cracking down on churches using RF jammers to block cell signal. And those same jammers are starting to become a common thread in multi million dollar home break-ins in Southern California to disable security systems. Some idiot getting their car to appear on air traffic control radars by spoofing an airplane transponders. And ‘middle men’ attacks to steal Range Rovers out of driveways by standing just outside the likely bedroom window and amplifying the signal emitting from the key sitting in a pair of pants pockets.

So as the criminals evolve we can assume that law enforcement is evolving with them.

Nearing the end of this episode. Allegedly arrested standing in the kitchen, wearing latex gloves, shoving items into zip lock bags. As one does.

My god, he’s so much dumber than I’ve been saying.

I think there are a number of ways to interpret those warrants and those should not IMO be examined without the perspective of the earlier warrants. I think it's a complex story. JMO.
So is there anything from the collection of warrants that suggests a reason why his parents were subpoenaed in PA?

Nearing the end of this episode. Allegedly arrested standing in the kitchen, wearing latex gloves, shoving items into zip lock bags. As one does.

My god, he’s so much dumber than I’ve been saying.

Maybe he'd just lost his mind and no longer cared what became of him, as it would appear that his plan was not so much a considered plot by someone intelligent and forensically aware as an 'anti-plan'?

Although he seems to have subsequently tried to evade LE so it would appear he did care, somewhat. Confusing.

Answering my own question, just found this link, I assume this is a verified news source. Apologies if I'm going over old ground. However, this 'news' doesn't seem to be widely reported elsewhere.

Perhaps because it comes from an anonymous source that no one else can verify. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member