4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the famed "58-page media expert report" is only 58 pages if the defense's motion objecting to vacating gag order, two long CVs, divider pages that say "Exhibit" (A, B, C...), two different expert reports, and a long citation list are included in those 58 pages. Yeah, the media wants to be accurate.
JMO
True. Imo it's a typical exaggeration. The actual body of the report by Truescope is a series of graphs - about 6 pages. The second report by social psych, is also about 6 pages. However I get the the need for cross examination and some of the concerns raised by the Asst. Press re Truescope as there is really nothing of substance in the report about methodology or how applicable methodology might be to the reporting in a criminal case-Imoo.

Possibly what Asst Press wanted more time for was to research methodology and applicability? But yes, the 58 page reference is misleading.

The report by the social psychologist is more applicable and relevant Imo, and he/she appears to be speaking to Truescope's data at various points. But yes, this report is six pages! Moo

EBM fixed font after cut and paste of expert witness' name.

Last edited:
Snipped for focus. It really bugs the way the media is using "the good of the community" approach to get what they want. If they really cared about the community getting to observe the trial, they'd ask for a closed circuit feed only for Moscow residents with a gag order on wider dissemination.

MOO.
Agree. And it's irritating to hear the media claim it's also for the good of the victims' families. I know in this already high-profile case, for whatever reason, some of the grieving families apparently want more media attention. But, as a general rule, I sincerely doubt that overall surviving families are well-served by or anxious for an unrestrained media pre-trial.

Based on what we know about cognition and the influence of memory on decision-making, I doubt it's realistic to worry a juror will openly argue for conviction saying the defendant must be guilty based on articles they remember reading before the trial. (And if they did, I agree other jurors would likely object.) Based on my experience as a juror, some jurors say (& think) really dumb things during deliberations (e.g., the police wouldn't have arrested him unless he is was guilty) but not quite that dumb.

But that doesn't mean the juror was not influenced by exposure to the articles read. What is so dangerous is we often do not recognize the factors that have influenced our decisions. That's true for all of us no matter how rational we think we are.

In an experiment on the "familiarity effect" participants were shown a set of B&W abstract line drawings and asked to complete a task. Later on, those drawings were mixed with a set of new similar drawings and in a new task (with an appropriate "cover story"), participants were asked to choose the ones they thought were most attractive. "Old drawings," ones they'd seen before, were more likely to be chosen. But nobody said I like that blob, it's cool, because I've seen it before. And based on post-experimental questioning, nobody even consciously thought that. Kind of like nobody says I voted for X for water commissioner (or some other unfamiliar race) because I'd seen signs bearing the flag with his name posted all over town. But that's what happens and that's partly why there's lots of sign garbage around after election day.

In this case we've had ex-FBI agents opine that attending a college lecture featuring an internationally-known writer 5 years before the murderers is relevant for BK's guilt. We've had a major TV show suggest BK likely committed a crime on the west coast 8 months before the murders, a crime involving a woman's underwear, (unless he can prove he was on the east coast where he was living on that particular day.) Any evidence uncovered that he was on the west coast then OR that touching and/or collecting women's underwear is his thing? Nope but both could be true. It's also true though anyone on WS could have messed with that woman's underwear. Bet some of us can't prove where we were every day of March 2022! We've also had one ex-FBI agent opine that being in good physical shape may make it more likely BK would choose to murder (but if he was still fat and out of shape I'm sure that would have figured into his motives too.) In support of one of Dateline's many "allegations" another ex-FBI agents opined “I would expect that he orchestrated the whole thing..."

Note the headline. Like many on the story it says BK "broke into a female colleague's home." Any evidence of that? Not that I know of but he could have done it. And at least one ex-FBI agent seems to say he did.

True. Imo it's a typical exaggeration. The actual body of the report by Truescope is a series of graphs - about 6 pages. The second report by Amani El Alayli, social psych, is also about 6 pages. However I get the the need for cross examination and some of the concerns raised by the Asst. Press re Truescope as there is really nothing of substance in the report about methodology or how applicable methodology might be to the reporting in a criminal case-Imoo.
Possibly what Asst Press wanted more time for was to research methodology and applicability? But yes, the 58 page reference is misleading.

The report by the socoal psychologist is more applicable and relevant Imo, and he/she appears to be speaking to Truescope's data at various points. But yes, this report is six pages! Moo
All true IMO.

For me, the length was also relevant because saying it was 58 pages supported ex-FBI J Coffindaffer's contention that it was a very expensive defense report. We don't know how much the Truescope report cost (and we don't know what the social psy report cost.) But I think JC would have gotten some eyerolls had she claimed the cost of the 6 page Truescope report was $50K or more. But a 58-page report? Hmmm. Maybe. And what better way to rile up the public by hinting the defense might be spending taxpayer money in ways it should not.

Do we really think no juror will be affected by all those stories?
JMO

Last edited:
I am indifferent about the gag order, but when it comes to the trial I really hope they don't ban cameras in the courtroom. I'm fine if they never show the defendant at all during it, I just want to hear the evidence and testimony and am willing to wait until trial to do so if necessary.
Seems it could be mitigated: don't allow close ups of anyone, no hyper focussing, pool camera controlled by the court, no public access to autopsy exhibits or other selected exhibits, that kind of thing. Wonder if Judge will apply a nuanced decision. Moo

Wouldn't/couldn't Shannon Gray and this Coffiander be considered 'authority figures' by many in the public? Not directly connected to the case as such, but Gray as an Attorney of a victim's family, and Coffiander because she is ex FBI? Their opining might carry more 'weight' in the piblic mind? Granted, I haven't read the report yet, so don't know how that category is defined. Moo
Shannon Gray was listed as an authority figure, J coff as a non authority in the report. Some of the graphics mixed the two - like share of Voice.

I agree with you. There are also fbi/police/judges/attorneys that can carry more weight. They are not an official authority connected to the case, but they carry more weight with their public comments IMO.

edit: I just looked up the report and Truescope lists non authority as

1686389964285.png

Agree. And it's irritating to hear the media claim it's also for the good of the victims' families. I know in this already high-profile case, for whatever reason, some of the grieving families apparently want more media attention. But, as a general rule, I sincerely doubt that overall surviving families are well-served by or anxious for an unrestrained media pre-trial.

Based on what we know about cognition and the influence of memory on decision-making, I doubt it's realistic to worry a juror will openly argue for conviction saying the defendant must be guilty based on articles they remember reading before the trial. (And if they did, I agree other jurors would likely object.) Based on my experience as a juror, some jurors say (& think) really dumb things during deliberations (e.g., the police wouldn't have arrested him unless he is was guilty) but not quite that dumb.

But that doesn't mean the juror was not influenced by exposure to the articles read. What is so dangerous is we often do not recognize the factors that have influenced our decisions. That's true for all of us no matter how rational we think we are.

In an experiment on the "familiarity effect" participants were shown a set of B&W abstract line drawings and asked to complete a task. Later on, those drawings were mixed with a set of new similar drawings and in a new task (with an appropriate "cover story"), participants were asked to choose the ones they thought were most attractive. "Old drawings," ones they'd seen before, were more likely to be chosen. But nobody said I like that blob, it's cool, because I've seen it before. And based on post-experimental questioning, nobody even consciously thought that. Kind of like nobody says I voted for X for water commissioner (or some other unfamiliar race) because I'd seen signs bearing the flag with his name posted all over town. But that's what happens and that's partly why there's lots of sign garbage around after election day.

In this case we've had ex-FBI agents opine that attending a college lecture featuring an internationally-known writer 5 years before the murderers is relevant for BK's guilt. We've had a major TV show suggest BK likely committed a crime on the west coast 8 months before the murders, a crime involving a woman's underwear, (unless he can prove he was on the east coast where he was living on that particular day.) Any evidence uncovered that he was on the west coast then OR that touching and/or collecting women's underwear is his thing? Nope but both could be true. It's also true though anyone on WS could have messed with that woman's underwear. Bet some of us can't prove where we were every day of March 2022! We've also had one ex-FBI agent opine that being in good physical shape may make it more likely BK would choose to murder (but if he was still fat and out of shape I'm sure that would have figured into his motives too.) In support of one of Dateline's many "allegations" another ex-FBI agents opined “I would expect that he orchestrated the whole thing..."

Note the headline. Like many on the story it says BK "broke into a female colleague's home." Any evidence of that? Not that I know of but he could have done it. And at least one ex-FBI agent seems to say he did.

All true IMO.

For me, the length was also relevant because saying it was 58 pages also supported ex-FBI J Coffindaffer's contention that it was a very expensive defense report. We don't know how much the Truescope report cost (and we don't know what the social psy report cost.) But I think JC would have gotten some eyerolls had she claimed the cost of the 6 page Truescope report was $50K or more. But a 58-page report? Hmmm. Maybe. And what better way to rile up the public by hinting the defense might be spending taxpayer money in ways it should not.

Do we really think no juror will be affected by all those stories?
JMO
We can't know how much and in what exact ways the opining that seems to frequently accompany MSM national reporting might affect a jury, but we know the potential is there. In my mind, it certainly wouldn't help matters. As long as the actual trial is covered accurately and objectively and open to the public, but with strict regulations on camera use and jury instructions, Imoo the non- dissemination order should remain in place. Outlets like News Nation will not change, Imo. The way they reported and interviewed on the supposed Conflict of Interest matter and exploited XK's parent says it all as far as I'm concerned. That was pre non-dissemination. They exposed victims' families records and did not research their material. The Court/Judge can't just ban outlets like NewsNation (or Ashely Banefield), they are what they are. Moo

spelling edit

IMO this reply by W Olson makes some great points.

Reply in Support of Motion to Vacate the Amended Nondissemination Order

What the Gag Order has done is reduce the amount of quality information provided by responsible individuals in a reasonable and dispassionate manner. The absence of that information does not curb the public’s interest; it creates a vacuum for bloggers, social media users, internet sleuths, and less ethical media outlets to publish rampant speculation that the public will consume when there is no better information available. That speculation, which at times can be inflammatory, can potentially saturate the internet, which may make it more difficult to empanel an unbiased jury. That is, the Gag Order—which prohibits any comments concerning the case, including those comments that could help Mr. Kohberger—actually works against Mr. Kohberger’s Sixth Amendment interests. And in the process, the Gag Order reduces the public’s ability to evaluate how the criminal justice system functions in the areas surrounding Moscow, and how public institutions like local police departments, prosecutors’ offices, and public defenders’ offices are performing—all information of great interest to the public when deciding issues like whether their communities are safe, which personnel should fill elected roles, and whether budgets should be increased or decreased.
It was a good argument but I think it can be and has been countered. The idaho Statesman has continued to produce mostly accurate reports on the court docs as they are released - that is they have found ways to continue to inform the public in a reasonable and responsible manner - Imoo. For other outlets - such as Daily M and News Nation (National/Banefield), Imoo, lifting the non-dissemination order will make little difference to the bias of their "reporting style" - for want of a better word. This is just my opinion/impression -but I think it could be backed up by evidence,if that wasn't already done today by the Defense and concurred to by the State. Moo

It was a good argument but I think it can be and has been countered. The idaho Statesman has continued to produce mostly accurate reports on the court docs as they are released - that is they have found ways to continue to inform the public in a reasonable and responsible manner - Imoo. For other outlets - such as Daily M and News Nation (National/Banefield), Imoo, lifting the non-dissemination order will make little difference to the bias of their "reporting style" - for want of a better word. This is just my opinion/impression -but I think it could be backed up by evidence,if that wasn't already done today by the Defense and concurred to by the State. Moo
100%
This morning I did a news scan with the primary focus of looking at what photo of him used in the new articles about the gag order/camera hearings yesterday. Interesting for me to see what organizations continue to use the orange jumpsuit/perp walk photos for a new hearing in which he was dressed in a suit. Some organizations use the suit photo on the primary page, but imbed orange jumpsuit photos in the article where they are discussing the hearing. Others actually report about the hearing with the photos taken at the hearing on primary page and throughout the article. I think it lines up with the few organizations left on my go to list, had to remove one organization from my list. MOO

100%
This morning I did a news scan with the primary focus of looking at what photo of him used in the new articles about the gag order/camera hearings yesterday. Interesting for me to see what organizations continue to use the orange jumpsuit/perp walk photos for a new hearing in which he was dressed in a suit. Some organizations use the suit photo on the primary page, but imbed orange jumpsuit photos in the article where they are discussing the hearing. Others actually report about the hearing with the photos taken at the hearing on primary page and throughout the article. I think it lines up with the few organizations left on my go to list, had to remove one organization from my list. MOO
Thanks for sharing @Nila Aella. Good piece of research and sleuthing of the media.

Re: Defendants request for extention or more time (alibi)

Compliance with I.C. §19~519 may tread into disclosures of protected information. The defense needs time to make this determination and consider evidentiary rules.

From the Idaho Code on discovery:

(d) Redacting Protected Information from Responses to Discovery. The party providing discovery may redact protected information from the information or material provided.

(1) Protected information means:

(A) Contact Information. The home addresses, business addresses, telephone numbers (including cell phones), and email addresses of an alleged victim, or of a witness, or of the spouse, children, or other close family members of the alleged victim or witness, and the places where any of those persons regularly go, such as schools and places of employment and worship.

(B) Personal Identifying Information. The dates of birth and social security numbers of any persons other than the defendant.

(C) Private Information. Personal identification numbers (PINs), passwords, financial account numbers, information relating to financial transaction cards, and medical information protected by federal law that is not directly related to the crime charged.

Wondering if there is somewhere else to look up evidentiary rules that might pertain to this?
MOO

Summary of tweets from yesterday's 2nd hearing, I regret late posting.

https://twitter.com/dugganreports

We are back for the second hearing -- media wants to intervene for the purpose of the gag order, judge grants it.

Media coalition says Kohberger's team is trying to introduce evidence in regards to the gag order and the media hasn't had time to go thru it

Judge said the term 'gag order' is “distasteful"

“This was going heavy well before Mr. Kohberger’s arrest. There was a lot of speculation, criticism, bad information... That would trigger for any lawyer to try to protect the integrity of the investigation and the future court process," Judge Judge said.

Wendy Olson representing media: "I would be stunned if this case goes to trial on October 2nd." She's right. If they file for the death penalty, each side has to do a lot more work to find mitigators and experts for a death case.

Olson: "We know Mr Kohberger and his counsel have a tremendous interest in fighting for his freedom and likely fighting for his life."

Olson says publicity in general doesn't always mean it's prejudicial -- she said the things the prosecution are accusing Kohberger of "are not flattering." But just because it's not flattering doesn't mean its going to prejudice the case, she said.

Judge is granting request for testimony / evidence presentation by the defense and media coalition in re: gag order

Judge was talking about sequestering a jury, and couldn't pronounce it. Olson had to correct him. Anyways, he said a change of venue and sequestration would be very expensive. "This is why I don't like the term gag order." he said. "No one is gagging about it.”

Judge Judge said that LOCAL reporters are doing a good job explaining the process and being balanced and fair regardless of the gag order. “It would be nice to see more of that rather than the sensationalizing we are seeing in national media.”

Wendy Olson says the Idaho and Washington reporters that are part of the coalition have an outstanding rep: “They want their reporters to obtain accurate information," she said. They want the information to be truthful

Defense is calling a witness. Her name is Jean Saucier (i believe thats how you spell it). She is part of a media monitoring / measurement company

Defense asked Saucier to monitor media content about the Kohberger case. We are looking at a data report right now regarding media coverage

Saucier said even though the amount of stories coming out about Kohberger is high, the circulation of the stories are low. But, potential impressions peaked in Nov. 2022 and Jan 2023

So the graph we are looking at: @boiseboone had the most stories according to Saucier, but @CoffindafferFBI had the most potential reach. Here is the graph

This is my story from the hearing this morning

Ten min break.

Ok, we are back. One more witness. “How long is that gonna take?” The judge asks. Maybe 15 min

Amani El-Alayli is a social psychologist at a WA college. She is here to speak about how pre-trial publicity affects jurors and their decision outcomes.

"Pre-trial publicity does affect guilty verdicts," El-Alayli said. "Anything that is anti-defendant can carry weight," she said. People who have authority and expert status are listened to and trusted more. Most of the time anti-defendant sentiments come from police officers+

Who are listened to more than other people and are considered to have authority and expert status, she said. Most of the time jurors are selected based on exposure but she said they can always forget information theyve been exposed to

"If they don't know what knowledge is in the back of their minds... It would be really hard for them to have an accurate response... and evaluate things in an unbiased manner.”

So, any publicity that doesn't favor a defendant could also favor a defendant. How do you mitigate bias that is already there? There isn't really a solution, El-Alayli said. She also said juror deliberation can make bias worse

You can read El-Alayli's full report here, it begins on page 39

Olson is cross-examining. "Can bias occur in any criminal case?" Yes, El-Alayli said.

Limiting statements by authority figures would mitigate bias, El-Alayli said. Aka, not letting authority figures like police and attorneys make statement to the media. No more witnesses. But we are still here — Defense has a chance to make their argument

Jay Logsdon arguing on behalf of the defense. “When you have something of this gravity, a courtroom is the place to air out our differences and come to resolutions. The media is not a good place to do this. The media of 2023 is not a good place to go."

Logsdon of #BryanKohberger defense:
"This case has gotten to the point where I could tell everyone my client uses a blue toothbrush and it would be prejudicial to him." "They already found a way to say that its a bad thing" he stood silent, Logsdon said

Fact check: Standing silent has no meaning about guilt or non-guilt! that is why people have a right to remain silent! It's your right, yall! Like the defense said today, standing silent could help with challenging the indictment if needed

Logsdon: "The reality is if (the media) spoke to us they will pick and choose from our statements, they will twist what we said… They will continue to put on the same narrative that gives them clicks.”

Logsdon said he has to get to a ballet recital so he wants to be done. lol State gets up. they concur with Logsdon and think the gag order is still effective

OK. Onto arguments about cameras in the courtroom Judge is giving his opinion again... He said pics and videos of Kohberger are manipulated in some way by the media (never seen that from us, def seen it from TikTok)

“What cameras in the courtroom do, is it provides an opportunity to educate the public on how the courts work...If you're trying the case in the courtroom the public can learn a lot about how the case proceeds… Make decisions for themselves.” -Wendy Olson

Prosecution says they share similar concerns of Judge Steven Boyce in the Vallow Daybell trial. Sensitive witnesses, witnesses not testifying would see prior coverage, etc. (It's interesting how Idaho cases intersect like this)

D: "Almost exactly what the judge was concerned about in the Vallow case... Close up shots of my client... Everyone has some oddball thing to say about it." Logsdon: we have no trust filming of the trial can be done right and object to cameras in the future.

Defense talks about Derek Chauvin case.
"That's not what we are getting -- We are getting Lori Vallow Daybell style camera use, and that is what we're opposed to."

Defense talks about Derek Chauvin case.
"That's not what we are getting -- We are getting Lori Vallow Daybell style camera use, and that is what we're opposed to.”

We are adjourned for the day i'll have a story up later I also asked the prosecution if / when they plan to file the death penalty. I got, "no comment."

The blue toothbrush: Cameras, bias discussed in second hearing for murder suspect Bryan Kohberger

6/9/2023

The case against Kohberger has garnered national, even worldwide media attention -- so much so, that Jay Logsdon, a litigation attorney who is part of Kohberger's defense team, told the court that it has gotten to the point where he could tell everyone Kohberger uses a blue toothbrush "and it would be prejudicial to him."

Judge had some hefty opinions for the media coalition, represented by prominent Idaho attorney Wendy Olson. The coalition, made up of multiple local and national media outlets, previously filed a motion to vacate the gag order in the case so reporters could provide more accurate information, Olson said. The coalition had an opportunity to argue their position Friday afternoon.

Judge told Olson during her arguments against the gag order that he also believed the media has twisted and manipulated information and pictures about the case, even though he said he doesn't watch very much news content.

Re: Defendants request for extention or more time (alibi)

Compliance with I.C. §19~519 may tread into disclosures of protected information. The defense needs time to make this determination and consider evidentiary rules.

...snipped by me for brevity

IMO, this "Compliance with IC 19-519 may tread into disclosures of protected information," indicates to me that this is likely medical information. Idaho does not have an insanity defense due to a law passed in 1982 in part in response to outrage over John Hinckley, Jr.'s verdict, but also, because the insanity defense was being misused. Idaho DOES have a Guilty but Insane verdict. The Timmy Kinner, Jr. multiple stabbing case of 9 victims which was in Boise, ID resulted in a guilty plea and two life sentences without the chance for parole. There may be some possible parallels with this case :

I do wonder if this case will have a similar result, particularly now that the defense has brought up "protected information."

As I posted many threads ago, IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of jury deliberations (no truly famous trials), the presence of 11 other people didn't mean anyone's secret bias infected the others. On the contrary, when biases surfaced, there were always others who calmly corrected the prejudice.

(Look at what happens here at WS! Despite media hostility toward BK, we have more than a few posters who continue to caution us against premature conclusions.)

I'm not saying El-Alayli is wrong. She is the expert.

But I do think there is a reason we have 12 people in the box.
Not denying she is an expert, but it's still her opinion as well. imo

Idk, but Mr Gray seems to be bearing some kind of chip on his shoulder- just Moo. In the hearing this morning, it seemed to be about Gray and "my rights". He raised his voice at the Judge and tried to tell him what his (the Judge's) authority was. I agree with you. Gray should be advising the Goncalves and helping them understand their place in the process. Represent them by all means, but within the confines of the process, help them and support them. Again, I think he is a liability, not only for the Goncalves but for the prosecution. Moo.
I don’t remember this type of behavior when representing the Woodcocks.

IMO, this "Compliance with IC 19-519 may tread into disclosures of protected information," indicates to me that this is likely medical information. Idaho does not have an insanity defense due to a law passed in 1982 in part in response to outrage over John Hinckley, Jr.'s verdict, but also, because the insanity defense was being misused. Idaho DOES have a Guilty but Insane verdict. The Timmy Kinner, Jr. multiple stabbing case of 9 victims which was in Boise, ID resulted in a guilty plea and two life sentences without the chance for parole. There may be some possible parallels with this case :

I do wonder if this case will have a similar result, particularly now that the defense has brought up "protected information."

This is one of the most helpful posts I've read. I'm trying to figure out where we're headed. Sometimes it helps to know peripheral events so thank you for that.

I did look back at a couple of the early press conferences this morning, viewing them with the knowledge we have now and to see if it was worth going back in detail to watch them:

First one I looked at:

Not sure if door was unlocked, no damage, and door was still open when LE arrived
No party that night at the home that they know of
Two were home (in reply to a reporter : CF said "I did not say they were witnesses")
Targeted attack
Unconcious person call: LE went in to do caregiving check on individual that was unconcious
Nothing from the home missing that they could identify

Second one:

Lanier:
Call originated inside residence using survivor phone, dispatcher talked to multiple people on scene (this made me wonder if there were multiple people inside the home? or did the caller exit the home and then the dispatcher talked to multiple people?)
4 stabbed multiple times, likely asleep, no sign of sexual assault

I think I will go back and look at them in detail. And, also thinking it might be enlightening to check all the answers to press questions/statements made to press by authorities in those early days after the crime. MOO

I do wonder if this case will have a similar result, particularly now that the defense has brought up "protected information.TITLE 19

Great idea! Excellent articles! TY
Wouldn't medical related be an excuse defense? Guilty but Insane
as opposed to an alibi defense = Title 19?
Not really sure. MOO

Your linked article describes the guilty but insane condition very well - basically the judge can take into consideration the mental state at sentencing because they really don't have an insanity defense in ID Interesting information on that and how/if/when it gets used in sentencing.
MOO

CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 5
COMPLAINT AND WARRANT OF ARREST
19-519. NOTICE OF DEFENSE OF ALIBI. (1) At any time after arraignment before a magistrate upon a complaint and upon written demand of the prosecuting attorney, the defendant shall serve, within ten (10) days or at such different time as the court may direct, upon the prosecuting attorney, a written notice of his intention to offer a defense of alibi. Such notice by the defendant shall state the specific place or places at which the defendant claims to have been at the time of the alleged offense and the names and addresses of the witnesses upon whom he intends to rely to establish such alibi.
(2) Within ten (10) days after receipt of the defendant’s notice of alibi but in no event less than ten (10) days before trial, unless the court otherwise directs, the prosecuting attorney shall serve upon the defendant or his attorney a written notice stating the names and addresses of the witnesses upon whom the prosecution intends to rely to establish the defendant’s presence at the scene of the alleged offense and any other witnesses to be relied on to rebut testimony of any of the defendant’s alibi witnesses.
(3) If prior to or during trial a party learns of an additional witness whose identity, if known, should have been included in the information furnished under subsection (1) or subsection (2) of this section, the party shall promptly notify the other party or his attorney of the existence and identity of such additional witness.
(4) Upon the failure of either party to comply with the requirements of this section, the court may exclude the testimony of any undisclosed witness offered by such party as to the defendant’s absence from or presence at, the scene of the alleged offense. This section shall not limit the right of the defendant to testify in his own behalf.
(5) For good cause shown the court may grant an exception to any of the requirements of subsections (1) through (4) of this section.
History:
[19-519, added 1978, ch. 301, sec. 1, p. 758.]

Title 18: mental condition not a defense

Mental illness in sentencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics