4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

The Leonid Meteor Shower is probably one of the most famous yearly events for amateur astronomers and was going on from Nov. 6 to Nov. 30, 2022. On Nov. 12-13, the meteor shower was building up to its peak which was on Nov. 17-18, 2022 and would include at least 15 meteors per hour. (In some years there are thousands of meteors per hour.) In particular these meteors can be extremely colorful. Leonids are known for Earth-Grazer meteors which have long tails and skim the horizon and fireball meteors which are extremely bright and last longer. These two types of meteors are easier to see. Peak meteor activity was at 3am in Wawawai park that night. In general, the Leonids are best viewed between midnight and 6am. It takes about 30 minutes for a human's eyes to adjust so they can see the meteors in the night sky. It takes 30 minutes to drive from the Steptoe Apartments to Wawawai Park. IMO, IF BK was doing this activity, logically he would have left his apartment no later than 11:00pm on November 12 to get to a no artificial light location in Wawawai Park and allow his eyes 30 minutes to adjust. My expectation is that he would not be the only person viewing the Leonids at Wawawai park that night. There ARE watch parties for meteor shower events, both informal and organized, so it is likely that there were others who were watching the Leonids in the same location(s) BK claims he was watching from. From the PCA, BK returned home around 5:30am, which IS consistent with viewing the Leonids or at least trying to view the Leonids from various locations. It takes about 43 minutes to get from Wawawai to 1122 King Rd.

And in October 2022, there was the Orinid Meteor Shower, lending at least some credibility to AT's allegation that BK had done this star-gazing before.

Now we wait to see if there are photos and/or witnesses that prove he was doing this activity that night during the critical timeframe - 4am to 4:20am.

You know, it's odd. Driving around is not stargazing. They are very different. That takes time, sitting and waiting. I would think you would have to stay put. My point is, I am not "routing" for BK to have photos of the sky. It was terribly foggy and icy, so no sky to see. You could not see in front of you, let alone up.

I am not waxing and waning like the moon. I HOPE there is evidence of his activities that explain he is the murderer, otherwise we have a problem. JMOO

Also, the Pacific NorthWest is foggy like you're on a ship!

Last edited:
You know, it's odd. Driving around is not stargazing. They are very different. That takes time, sitting and waiting. I would think you would have to stay put. My point is, I am not "routing" for BK to have photos of the sky. It was terribly foggy and icy, so no sky to see. You could not see in front of you, let alone up.

I am not waxing and waning like the moon. I HOPE there is evidence of his activities that explain he is the murderer, otherwise we have a problem. JMOO

Also, the Pacific NorthWest is foggy like you're on a ship!
It's not unusual to move from one location to another depending on where in the night sky the activity seems to be. The historic weather reports say visibility was a 9 out of 10 that night - with 10 being perfect visibility.

It's not unusual to move from one location to another depending on where in the night sky the activity seems to be. The historic weather reports say visibility was a 9 out of 10 that night - with 10 being perfect visibility.

I remember that night here in Moscow, it was spooky. You really could not see the cars. There wasn't any up to look at, clouds were hanging low in yards. JMOO

I remember that night here in Moscow, it was spooky. You really could not see the cars. There wasn't any up to look at, clouds were hanging low in yards. JMOO
None of the video that police released of that night indicates that. For example the Band Field Video and the video of the food truck all look like it was cold but clear. As posted above the historic weather data shows visibility of 9 out of 10 with 10 being perfect visibility and 1 be no visibility. There are also videos from Pullman that night and they look clear.

The Leonid Meteor Shower is probably one of the most famous yearly events for amateur astronomers and was going on from Nov. 6 to Nov. 30, 2022. On Nov. 12-13, the meteor shower was building up to its peak which was on Nov. 17-18, 2022 and would include at least 15 meteors per hour. (In some years there are thousands of meteors per hour.) In particular these meteors can be extremely colorful. Leonids are known for Earth-Grazer meteors which have long tails and skim the horizon and fireball meteors which are extremely bright and last longer. These two types of meteors are easier to see. Peak meteor activity was at 3am in Wawawai park that night. In general, the Leonids are best viewed between midnight and 6am. It takes about 30 minutes for a human's eyes to adjust so they can see the meteors in the night sky. It takes 30 minutes to drive from the Steptoe Apartments to Wawawai Park. IMO, IF BK was doing this activity, logically he would have left his apartment no later than 11:00pm on November 12 to get to a no artificial light location in Wawawai Park and allow his eyes 30 minutes to adjust. My expectation is that he would not be the only person viewing the Leonids at Wawawai park that night. There ARE watch parties for meteor shower events, both informal and organized, so it is likely that there were others who were watching the Leonids in the same location(s) BK claims he was watching from. From the PCA, BK returned home around 5:30am, which IS consistent with viewing the Leonids or at least trying to view the Leonids from various locations. It takes about 43 minutes to get from Wawawai to 1122 King Rd.

And in October 2022, there was the Orinid Meteor Shower, lending at least some credibility to AT's allegation that BK had done this star-gazing before.

Now we wait to see if there are photos and/or witnesses that prove he was doing this activity that night during the critical timeframe - 4am to 4:20am.
On the night of, there was no visibility.

Bryan couldn't have been star gazing in the ICE FOG CLOUDY CONDITIONS

Pullman Weather History for November 13, 2022
Show weather for:
November 13, 2022
Scroll right to see more
Conditions Comfort
Time Temp Weather Wind Humidity Barometer Visibility

12:33 am
Sun, Nov 13 Ice fog. 28 °F Ice fog. 3 mph ↑ 93% 30.25 "Hg 5 mi

12:53 am Ice fog. 28 °F Ice fog. No wind ↑ 93% 30.33 "Hg 5 mi

1:53 am Ice fog. 29 °F Ice fog. No wind ↑ 89% 30.35 "Hg 6 mi

2:53 am Ice fog. 28 °F Ice fog. 6 mph ↑ 89% 30.35 "Hg 6 mi

3:17 am Overcast. 28 °F Overcast. 3 mph ↑ 89% 30.27 "Hg 7 mi

3:53 am Ice fog. 28 °F Ice fog. 5 mph ↑ 89% 30.36 "Hg 6 mi

4:53 am Overcast. 28 °F Overcast. No wind ↑ 89% 30.37 "Hg 7 mi

5:53 am Overcast. 29 °F Overcast. No wind ↑ 85% 30.37 "Hg 7 mi

6:53 am Overcast. 29 °F
According to the alibi and what was happening that night, he was watching a meteor shower with fireball meteors - those can be seen in cloudy conditions.

None of the video that police released of that night indicates that. For example the Band Field Video and the video of the food truck all look like it was cold but clear. As posted above the historic weather data shows visibility of 9 out of 10 with 10 being perfect visibility and 1 be no visibility. There are also videos from Pullman that night and they look clear.

Don't know what to tell you. I'm not making it up. It was one of those mornings where I expected hoarfrost. Perhaps it's the distance from the camera that the filming is occurring from and Banfield is sort of in a gully. JMOO

I went back and checked the dates. The meteor shower you're referring to ended on November 7th. Whereas the murders occur on November 13th. Check out this link to verify it.

I have once gotten the date wrong of the murders thinking it was October 13th it was November 13th. The meteor shower you're referring to I think ended in early November so check out the information I found. His official alibi now says stargazing so it doesn't mention a meteor shower and one was not happening on November 13th to my knowledge.

Could not agree more--
If he had a legitimate alibi that was verifiable he would not be in jail
He woud have been cleared as a suspect

If people would read AT's Motion it is plain she states that BK star gazed in the past ... there is no proof for the night of the murders.

All they have for the night of the murders is....

ZERO ZERO ZERO

If people would read AT's Motion it is plain she states that BK star gazed in the past ... there is no proof for the night of the murders.

All they have for the night of the murders is....

ZERO ZERO ZERO

Or I was at Ted Bundy's stomping ground at Wawawai Park stargazing. Just WOW. When I read that article about that potentially being the first victim of TB's I thought BK was completely messing with us. JMOO.

I have once gotten the date wrong of the murders thinking it was October 13th it was November 13th. The meteor shower you're referring to I think ended in early November so check out the information I found. His official alibi now says stargazing so it doesn't mention a meteor shower and one was not happening on November 13th to my knowledge.

The Leonid Meteor Shower was from November 6, 2022 to November 30, 2022. The peak was estimated to be around Nov. 17, 2022. The peak is never an exact date, so someone who wants to see it would go out as much as possible in the days leading up to Nov. 17 and if they still have not seen the peak, they would continue to go out in the days after Nov. 17. The time to be in place for this (someplace without artificial illumination) is between midnight and dawn.

Stargazing is not limited to watching stars. If BK went out to watch the heavens in November on a cloudy night, it was specifically to see the Leonid meteor shower. With it being close to the peak, he could expect to see 15 or more meteors per hour, sometimes many more. In fact, with the Leonids, there is always the possibility of an extraordinary show where there is a meteor storm of hundreds to thousands of meteors per hour.

That BK was driving around at different points, according to his alibi, makes me think he was looking for different vantage points and possibly seeking to drive out from under the cloud cover. In a way, watching a meteor shower can be like being a storm chaser since you are seeking the best vantage points.

The Orinid Meteor Shower was October 2, 2022 to November 7, 2022. The alibi says BK had gone out to view the sky before November 12/13. This could be what he was viewing.
From the Defense Supplemental Response to Alibi Demand, page 2:
Screen Shot 2024-05-04 at 6.09.02 PM.png

JMO.

Last edited:
Don't know what to tell you. I'm not making it up. It was one of those mornings where I expected hoarfrost. Perhaps it's the distance from the camera that the filming is occurring from and Banfield is sort of in a gully. JMOO
It was a live Twitch stream. It was posted on a very early thread. It was clear but appeared extremely cold.

She and two others walked from the bar, to the food truck. Numerous people in the video. At the time, a car pulled out about the time they left in an uber. We speculated a car follow them home.

Moo ...

It was a live Twitch stream. It was posted on a very early thread. It was clear but appeared extremely cold.

She and two others walked from the bar, to the food truck. Numerous people in the video. At the time, a car pulled out about the time they left in an uber. We speculated a car follow them home.

Moo ...

Right. I am aware. Filming from just a few feet you're not going to notice the fog, but at a longer distance it can show up (more like 15 feet). Just a foggy night, even if it's not captured on up close surveillance video 5 ft away. JMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back