5/20/2013 - Police holding press conference - "detailed updates."

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but this link is supposed to be updated with the documents as they're released.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25263938&nid=148

I hope one day Susan is found and laid to rest with her babies. :(

Oh, My Lord! Susan's personal notes, emails to close friends, the precious scribblings and handprints of her dear little boys...it is heartbreaking to see this window in to her soul. Her will, handwritten on notebook paper and hidden at work. She looked to the scriptures for guidance. She sought wise advice and did her very best to offer Josh every opportunity to turn his life around and be a real man. As miserable as he made their lives, Susan took the high road and tried to be a good wife and mom. I have no doubt that she was praying for her little family until the moment she died.

I would have been proud to call Susan my friend, my sister or my daughter.

I just saw a video of Susan documenting all of her belongings on Good Morning America. It was heartbreaking to hear her words. In the last clip shown at the end of her video, she said something like "Hopefully everything will work out and we will live happily ever after it that's posssible. " (paraphrased) then she rolled her eyes.

Friends out west be sure to tune in to GMA this am. Just switched over to TODAY and Ann Curry did a report also. Going to blow my nose and wipe my eyes now.......

I just saw a video of Susan documenting all of her belongings on Good Morning America. It was heartbreaking to hear her words. In the last clip shown at the end of her video, she said something like "Hopefully everything will work out and we will live happily ever after it that's posssible. " (paraphrased) then she rolled her eyes.

Friends out west be sure to tune in to GMA this am. Just switched over to TODAY and Ann Curry did a report also. Going to blow my nose and wipe my eyes now.......

I saw that too...she seemed so depressed. How scary. Her life must have been a living hell knowing all we do now about that sociopathic family.

This makes me sad. I was hoping that Susan would be found for the sake of her family.

I read at People Magazine that someone representing her family has organized a search that will occur on May 25th. Is that still in the works?

I noticed in the pdf called "Susan's Deposition" (that I guess she and Kiirsi typed up???) that it's mentioned that Josh has plans with "John" that night and Susan will make him late, that he gets upset when she cuts into the time he spends with "John."
http://img.ksl.com/slc/2507/250740/25074007.pdf

Interesting given that the woman with whom he was having the affair before Susan went missing (to whom he gave $800) knew him as "John Stanley." http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story/fi...=yG62wPF8K_DsNt2_PZl4wQ&bvm=bv.47008514,d.eWU

Do we know for sure where Josh Powell, Steven Powell, and Michael Powell were on the day Steve Koecher went missing?

I do not believe that Susan & Steve Koecher knew each other at all, let alone had an affair, etc. but I wouldn't put anything past the Powells to seize an opportunity to lure some upstanding Mormon man to his disappearance (or just happen upon him & take the opportunity). I just say this because I'm reading a seven page "prelimianry report" Steven Powell wrote about why and how Susan & Steve K. likely ran away together and man is it something. He probably just saw that another devoted Mormon had gone missing and seized the opportunity to try to tie Susan's story into it, but at this point, I don't put anything past the Powells.

You can find the report Steven Powell wrote here: http://img.ksl.com/slc/2507/250737/25073705.pdf

Warning- it's full of a lot of lies about Susan that will make you angry.

I noticed in the pdf called "Susan's Deposition" (that I guess she and Kiirsi typed up???) that it's mentioned that Josh has plans with "John" that night and Susan will make him late, that he gets upset when she cuts into the time he spends with "John."
http://img.ksl.com/slc/2507/250740/25074007.pdf

Interesting given that the woman with whom he was having the affair before Susan went missing (to whom he gave $800) knew him as "John Stanley." http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story/fi...=yG62wPF8K_DsNt2_PZl4wQ&bvm=bv.47008514,d.eWU

Bingo! That is exactly what I thought of the moment I read it.

I truly think that Josh was posessed by a demon. Pure evil. I realize that sounds overly dramatic to some, but the Bible tells us that Satan works the hardest to hurt those who have great faith in God. I think that he used Josh to try to shake Susan's faith. Susan died a strong believer; Satan lost the battle.

MOO

Do we know for sure where Josh Powell, Steven Powell, and Michael Powell were on the day Steve Koecher went missing?

I do not believe that Susan & Steve Koecher knew each other at all, let alone had an affair, etc. but I wouldn't put anything past the Powells to seize an opportunity to lure some upstanding Mormon man to his disappearance (or just happen upon him & take the opportunity). I just say this because I'm reading a seven page "prelimianry report" Steven Powell wrote about why and how Susan & Steve K. likely ran away together and man is it something. He probably just saw that another devoted Mormon had gone missing and seized the opportunity to try to tie Susan's story into it, but at this point, I don't put anything past the Powells.

You can find the report Steven Powell wrote here: http://img.ksl.com/slc/2507/250737/25073705.pdf

Warning- it's full of a lot of lies about Susan that will make you angry.

This is a VERY interesting theory BUT, how would he have known Steve K. was in that neighborhood where he went missing?

Chuck Cox said late Friday he believes his daughter might be found somewhere along Interstate 84 between Tremonton and Pendleton, Ore. — a route he suspects was possibly taken by his son-in-law Josh Powell and Michael Powell, the man's brother.

"It seems like one area that we have not been focused on in the past," Cox said.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=25316687&n...rants-unsealed-&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-1

This is a VERY interesting theory BUT, how would he have known Steve K. was in that neighborhood where he went missing?

I have no idea and no theories to how this would have went down or been orchestrated. I think it's super unlikely, but at this point, I don't put anything pat the Powell family.

Could the Powell guys have lured Steven K to where he disappeared from? Maybe the happened upon him when he was visiting Utah shortly before he disappeared, overheard he was looking for a job or something, and set this up. Josh & Michael Powell used encryptions for their emails that LE hasn't been able to crack. Maybe they hid or encrypted computer conversations they had with Steven K? I know this is beyond implausible and the Powells just likely heard about Steven K disappearing and tried to tie Susan to him. But I am continually shocked by the Powell family and at this point wouldn't put anything past them.

I also posted this in Steve Koecher's thread, too.

I seriously doubt there's any real connection, but who knows with the levels of depravity of the Powells and the things they've been able to get away with....

Chuck Cox said late Friday he believes his daughter might be found somewhere along Interstate 84 between Tremonton and Pendleton, Ore. — a route he suspects was possibly taken by his son-in-law Josh Powell and Michael Powell, the man's brother.

"It seems like one area that we have not been focused on in the past," Cox said.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=25316687&n...rants-unsealed-&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-1

I hope that this leads to Susan. Her poor parents deserve to be able to put her to rest next to her boys. I have admired the Coxes' class throughout this ordeal.

Susan was a classy, hard-working lady who was devoted to her family and her faith. It's easy to see where she learned all of these qualities - from her amazing parents. Any parent would have been lucky to have her as their daughter, any child would have been lucky to have her as their mother, and any person would be lucky to have her as a friend. She is a testament to the goodness of the Cox family. Sending love and light their way.

I have always believed that Susan was north so I'm thrilled they are doing this. :twocents:

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but this link is supposed to be updated with the documents as they're released.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25263938&nid=148

I hope one day Susan is found and laid to rest with her babies. :(

There is a tip about animal cruelty - sorry to be dense, but why is it included? Was it Josh Powell abusing the Pitts? Or his vehicle? (sorry, just trying to get my bearings...)

I don't know, but if Josh had a history of abusing animals that would certainly be relevant...

There is a tip about animal cruelty - sorry to be dense, but why is it included? Was it Josh Powell abusing the Pitts? Or his vehicle? (sorry, just trying to get my bearings...)

The woman named in the complaint is the one who claimed to have a sexual relationship with Josh Powell. It's mentioned in the document.

I have a question and hope someone can help me remember. Didn't Josh kill a hamster when he was younger? Maybe when he lived with his mom?

Be warned this is an article about the murders and house fire.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53463749-78/powell-josh-tuesday-fire.html.csp?page=2

Powell had no criminal record, but records from his parents' bitter 1992 divorce highlight a troubled childhood and violent tendencies.

The documents, filed as part of a divorce in which Terrica and Steve Powell were vying for custody of their five children, allege as an adolescent Powell killed pet hamsters, engaged in vicious fights with a brother and repeatedly threatened his mother.

In one filing, one set of relatives said they'd received a call from Steve and Terrica Powell, who were concerned that Josh Powell was "acting weird and thought he might hurt one of them or himself."

A few days later Josh Powell, who was then about 13, attempted suicide by hanging. He was left with a rope burn around his neck,
according to a document.

Another relative, who was in the home around this time, said Terrica Powell feared her son might "stab her as he was threatening her and was very emotionally unstable at the time."

That relative expected the older Powell boys would be "getting into trouble with the law sooner or later as they have a very distorted image of their own unquestionable right to do anything they darn well please combined with a very deep contempt toward women in general and any authority at all."

Be warned this is an article about the murders and house fire.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53463749-78/powell-josh-tuesday-fire.html.csp?page=2

Powell had no criminal record, but records from his parents' bitter 1992 divorce highlight a troubled childhood and violent tendencies.

The documents, filed as part of a divorce in which Terrica and Steve Powell were vying for custody of their five children, allege as an adolescent Powell killed pet hamsters, engaged in vicious fights with a brother and repeatedly threatened his mother.

In one filing, one set of relatives said they'd received a call from Steve and Terrica Powell, who were concerned that Josh Powell was "acting weird and thought he might hurt one of them or himself."

A few days later Josh Powell, who was then about 13, attempted suicide by hanging. He was left with a rope burn around his neck,
according to a document.

Another relative, who was in the home around this time, said Terrica Powell feared her son might "stab her as he was threatening her and was very emotionally unstable at the time."

That relative expected the older Powell boys would be "getting into trouble with the law sooner or later as they have a very distorted image of their own unquestionable right to do anything they darn well please combined with a very deep contempt toward women in general and any authority at all."

And we have dear old Dad to thank for this. I wish they could find a way to keep him locked up forever. I hope they (and everyone around him) watch him very, very carefully when he gets out. He is so sick and twisted I don't think it will be long before he has his camera in hand and is visiting playgrounds.

I may have missed this answer, who picked Michael Powell up when his car broke down and it went to the salvage yard? SP?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back